Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Years later, the contribution to the M1 seems to still live
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah that old chestnut! A new synth doesn't just mean a new synth, it's also a new pair of audio leads and two new MIDI cables and the "where am I going to slot this into the MIDI matrix?" and if there's no THRU port, "I need way to pass the MIDI! AAAGGGHHHHH!!!!!"

I have a ridiculous number of MIDI devices and use three routers, a switch, a merger and a splitter. My name is Mark and I am a synth addict Wink

The merger is a Kenton Merge4. Powered device which is semi-intelligent in that when it detects tempo messages on an input, it filters all tempo on the other three to avoid tempo doubling. It also has two outputs so can really help out in medium sized MIDI networks.

The splitter is a Phillip Rees V3. Simple 1in/3out that runs on a 12v battery. The battery lasts for years and years, but unfortunately Phil's not making stuff any more. Really a shame as his utilities were great.

When it comes to the sort of utilities I've mentioned above, I really recommend getting something powered. It might eat a powerpoint in your room if it's a mains-powered, but it saves headaches created by some devices not providing enough power over MIDI to run the unpowered MIDI utility. MIDI Solutions have a list on their website for referencing what devices will power their produces, so if you are considering any of their boxes, check that list first.

Now the "Doctor! Doctor! I think I have a synth habit" equipment:

The switch is a custom made box that I bought from a fellow who had the privilege of being paid to gut a government broadcasting company premises when they moved. It's probably does more than switch but I has a numpad and no instructions. I had to trial-and-error it to workout how to assign the switching rules!

The routers are an Akai ME80P, JLCooper MSB+ (both are now out of production and I really had to bide my time to get the MSB+) and an iConnectivity MIO4.

The MIO4 is a beauty and I can't recommend iConnectivity's products enough. The MIO4 is a 4in/4out programmable router with a USB MIDI host port on it also. The host port can run upto 8 USB MIDI connections using a decent powered USB hub. They have a 10port version of the MIO also, and although I was thinking of getting one and selling the MIO4, which would give me 6i/o more than currently, a better option would be to get a second MIO4 and while only gaining 4i/o's I'd double my USB MIDI hosting capability. The have a great support/community forum and you can get a list of working USB hubs on there. Their staff are really into what they make and listen to the community regarding how to make their products better. I have to stop talking about them or the page will be full of me gushing over how good iConnectivity are.

"and they all lived happily ever after, the end."
(now it's an enjoyable children's story not an essay Very Happy )
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Bobcat22

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you do not mind but I started another thread on MIDI Connectivity over at: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=762372#762372
Bobcat22

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The topcvwritersuk.com/purplecv-review/ site is not available Sad
Thankyou for that children's bedtime story - great script Smile

Equipment:

a - T8 and the M8 from MIDI Solutions
    b - Have standardized on the Korg M3 - stacked each with their own keyboard
    c - Akia MPC ONE
    d - Yamaha MODX
    e - Korg Radias
    f - Roland JD-990
    g - Soundcraft 22 channel USB mixer

The MPC is assigned mostly as a sequencer - as it is better at this than the MODX

Last edited by Bobcat22 on Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:23 am; edited 7 times in total
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's intriguing, the weblink is not present in the original text of the quoted posting! Someone has been naughty!!

Graceweltan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"A Storybook Character Comes to Life" is a fascinating and imaginative concept that truly resonates with my love for writing. As a student who enjoys crafting stories, this idea sparks my creativity in wonderful ways. It's like a remedy for the dreaded writer's block https://essaypro.com/blog/writers-block that often haunts us wordsmiths. I can picture the endless possibilities - from classic characters stepping out of the pages into our world to modern protagonists taking us on extraordinary adventures. This theme not only ignites the writer's imagination but also gives readers a chance to witness the magic of storytelling. I'm eagerly looking forward to exploring the captivating narratives that this prompt will surely inspire.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: