Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Third-party software for Korg PA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meloman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Third-party software for Korg PA Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

First of all, I'd like to say that Korgforums is a wonderful place with a lot of enthusiastic and open-minded people. It is very pleasant to be a part of this. Thanks everyone who is making this forum so good.
Not so long ago I became an owner of a Korg PA800 keyboard and I also happen to be a computer programmer. I play keyboard as a hobby.
I read many posts here and I completely agree that there is a need for additional software.
I would like to address Korg representatives (which I know are participating in this forum), and ask them if they can point me to some documentation or specification, which can be used to make custom software for style editing, conversion, and SET file management.
I think that if Korg is not planning to develop such programs, there is a good chance for third-party developers to try and make some nice software.
It would also be very interesting to know what type of software for Korg PA is also needed which I did not mention above.

Thanks very much,
Meloman.
hameds

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I support your request 100 %. Korg please listen to us.
regards
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: DEJAVUE Reply with quote

I , Agree 100% for the 10000000000 times!

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Lee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The documentation you need has been requested by others for a LONG TIME now. We have been told that there is no immediate plan to provide any help in this regard. We have been told there is no funding by Korg Japan for this effort.

WE ARE NOT HAPPY WITH THIS ANSWER KORG!

PLease do 2 things:

1) Fill out the current Korg SURVEY now available (Month of March only).

2) Contact you Country's distributor of Korg products and made this issue knoe to them and how unhappy you are with this answer.

Lee
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

COMON GUYS HOOK UP HERE, !We must tell them what we need, Or wait until there is another PA3, And pay 4000 ero!
Comoon!

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
robkeith

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:27 am    Post subject: Yeah come on korg Reply with quote

I agree 100% with all others, the potential of the PA2x and the PA800 with the right software would be fantastic, so come on Korg, make it a priority'

thanks
Meloman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I've completed the online survey, let's hope this will make any difference.
It is very unlikely that publishing some 10 pages of specifications requires a lot of funding, it's more of a marketing issue.
Just to speculate, here are some issues that Korg might be concerned about:
1) styles could be easily exported to other arrangers
2) someone might want to create a software arranger for a notebook using Korg resource files
3) someone might want to create modified operating systems which will compromise the existing product specifications
And so on.
Of course, I fully understand those concerns. However, there is a HUGE difference between data files and the operating system. Today even CASIO provides software for their home keyboards, with which you can modify sounds, convert styles, etc.
Since any style can be exported into MIDI file, there is no need to protect styles from being read directly (I mean the STY files). The same thing about sound programs.
Pa800 is not a workstation, it is an arranger. But not just a jukebox. It is natural for any musician to use it with a PC. Otherwise, why the USB-MIDI cable? And for some 3000 bucks this keyboard MUST be extensible.
Look at the following benefits of open data file format:
1) Lot's of good styles can be converted to the Korg PA format - people won't think about styles when choosing an arranger
2) People will use style editors to create their own styles.
3) People will easily merge and mix different style and sound sets.
4) People will be able to create and convert sample-based instruments on a PC and load them into the arranger
I might suggest the following solution for this situation:
Korg could think about distinguishing between data file formats and system file formats. We do not really need system files, we need user data files (STY, PCG, etc.). Of course, the more specifications are available, the better. But at least something is already better than nothing.

Best regards to Korg and all forum members.
narrsam

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

10 years ans still this is an issue, any luck anybody on getting some specs for the .STY and .PRF files?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: