Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa1000 OS NEXT is a fresh new approach

View previous topic :: View next topic  
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:59 pm    Post subject: Pa1000 OS NEXT is a fresh new approach Reply with quote

Will korg give the pa1000 the new update look and more user sample memory and copy keyboard sets the new improved mono solo instruments,inproved drawbars ,consolidated record ,more song book entries ,,,

Lets hope

Very Happy
moebrand

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it would be good to have the option to transpose style tracks more than just one semitone.
It is something achievable.
Let's hope.
DMS 3Reed Harmonium
an old Accordion
Apple iMac 480GB SSD , 12GB DDR3 Ram,
logic Pro X , Studio One 3.
Dell laptop with 500GB ssd and 8GB Ram , Korg Pa Manager V4
FL Studio 11 Producer Edition
Studio One 6 Artist
Allan & Heath Zedi 10FX mixer
Shure Beta 87A Condenser Microphone
Audio Technica in ear studio monitor headphones
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa1000 OS NEXT is a fresh new approach Reply with quote

duby2 wrote:
.. Will korg give the pa1000 the new update look and ... Lets hope ...

I especially hope for the re-implementation of the FILL-MODE for Pa1000, so that you can control the flow of style-variations satisfactorily via remote control (or assignable switches). Also for Pa4x the FILL MODE originally was missing but was re-implemented with OS update 1.2.
Furthermore, I hope that the "KEYBOARD SET LOCK" announced by Korg with OS NEXT for Pa4x will also be implemented for the Pa1000 in order to get a soft, uninterrupted transition when switching with sb-entry or setlist.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
B.Safe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa1000 OS NEXT is a fresh new approach Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
Furthermore, I hope that the "KEYBOARD SET LOCK" announced by Korg with OS NEXT for Pa4x will also be implemented for the Pa1000 in order to get a soft, uninterrupted transition when switching with sb-entry or setlist.

I haven't read anything about a "KEYBOARD SET LOCK" in Korg PA4X NEXT announcement but about a "Keyboard Set Copy":

Easily Copy Keyboard Sets:
You can now copy Keyboard Sets between Styles and SongBook Entries to easily shift programming to other songs and styles.

This makes far more sense to me as it allows to copy an entire Set at once.
Korg does not seem to want to go back to the old way of using PAs, which I think is a good thing as I have already explained.
Haniaudio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Pa1000 OS NEXT is a fresh new approach Reply with quote

It will be very important to have a "STS Lock" function when one can change style while continuing to play the current STS. In fact, it is not so easy to remember the 4 STS of each style, and then it is annoying to have surprises on the 4 STS at the Style change from time to time.
B.Safe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Pa1000 OS NEXT is a fresh new approach Reply with quote

Haniaudio wrote:
...In fact, it is not so easy to remember the 4 STS of each style...

You can display the 4 STS on the screen.

Haniaudio wrote:
...and then it is annoying to have surprises on the 4 STS at the Style change from time to time.

You can define yourself the STS you include in each songbook entry, so there are no surprises and the songbook is precisely made for that : select all parameters of the keyboard in one operation to put it in a known state to start a given song.
Haniaudio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa1000 OS NEXT is a fresh new approach Reply with quote

B.Safe wrote:
Haniaudio wrote:

Haniaudio wrote:
...and then it is annoying to have surprises on the 4 STS at the Style change from time to time.

You can define yourself the STS you include in each songbook entry, so there are no surprises and the songbook is precisely made for that : select all parameters of the keyboard in one operation to put it in a known state to start a given song.

I know all what you wrote above but this can not replace a needed "STS Lock" function. Else, using the songbook entries could become like DJ (Disc Jockey) task. I still prefer having more real time interactivity with the Styles and STS.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa1000 OS NEXT is a fresh new approach Reply with quote

Haniaudio wrote:
B.Safe wrote:
Haniaudio wrote:

Haniaudio wrote:

I know all what you wrote above but this can not replace a needed "STS Lock" function. Else, using the songbook entries could become like DJ (Disc Jockey) task. I still prefer having more real time interactivity with the Styles and STS.

You still have that using your Songbook entry.

Its just that using the Sb entry you can start from your very own known setup, results in more playing and less time setting up.
B.Safe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa1000 OS NEXT is a fresh new approach Reply with quote

Haniaudio wrote:

I do not understand why you say that.
The Songbook does not change the way of playing, it does only 2 things:
    - facilitate the search for a song thanks to the database
    - initialize all instrument settings for this song, which is extremely useful when you have spent a lot of time finding these settings.
Then the keyboard works exactly as if you had everything prepared by hand. All changes are possible and you can edit everything in real time.
Nothing is fixed by the Songbook it gives you even more flexibility by allowing to modify many parameters of the basic styles although you can do this by creating a user style.

If you just want to start a style without selecting a Keyboard Set, you only need ... a style and then you can block the activation of the Keyboard Set with the button "Style To Keyboard Set".
Concerning Disk Jockeys (the good ones), I think that your example is bad choice. They spend their time editing everything in real time but they do not play notes and chords. Smile
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa1000 OS NEXT is a fresh new approach Reply with quote

B.Safe wrote:
..I do not understand why you say that ..

It is so easy - the user himself should be able to decide whether he wants to start with the same setup for each song and again and again, or whether he wants to play it occasionally with the previously used KbdSets.

It's not always about the start of the song either, because switching the Sb entries is especially suitable for switching from one Sb entry to the next mainly due to the SetList function, without interrupting the previous song and without restarting the next but simply continuing.

Each user should decide for himself whether and how he envisions the corresponding transition from one Sb entry to the next and whether he really always wants to use the same an one KbdSet and initialized parameters in the current song, or a softer transition with the respective KbdSet preferred.

For this, "STS Lock" can be used. In the Pa4x OS Next this feature will be called "KbdSet Lock" and it will not reload the four KbdSets if a sb-entry is selected. Changing an sb-entry with a runnign Style/Song this function ensures a smooth, soft transition, which otherwise not always is guaranteed by the reloading of the four KbdSets (STS).

This is meant as "more real time interactivity with the Styles and STS" . If you don't want that, but every want SETTINGS FIXED IN SONGBOOK without the flexibility to start or to continue with previous or memorized KbdSets - simply do this without to use "KbdSetLock"- there is nothing against this, simply ignore KbdSetLock.

But there is also no objection to use more real time interactivity with the Styles and STS to use the same sb-entry with "KbdSetLock" activated with the agency to continue a song with previous KbdSet (STS) and a more soft transition.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa1000 OS NEXT is a fresh new approach Reply with quote

Haniaudio wrote:
It will be very important to have a "STS Lock" function when one can change style while continuing to play the current STS. In fact, it is not so easy to remember the 4 STS of each style, and then it is annoying to have surprises on the 4 STS at the Style change from time to time.

Due an error of function "StyleToKbdSet" it seems not to be able to change a style automatically per sb-entry without to activate KbdSet#1 of the next style.

As specified from Korg "StyleToKbdSet" indicator to "OFF" should prevent setting KbdSet to a new value but should continuing to play the same KbdSet (STS) after a sb-entry is selected.

That is important but it also maybe important not to load the next four KbdSets (STS) of a style, if a new style is selected.

To continue with current four KbdSets there is an OS-Update NEXT with Pa4x to realize this and will hope to get same OS-Update for Pa1000.

Also for me it is important in case I do not want to stop a song before starting with next, but want to continue with previous/next Setlist feature with current KbdSets (STS) like you do.

Hope to get correction of "StyleToKbdSet" function with indicator "off" and also "LockKbdSet" with next Pa1000-OS-update.

B.Safe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Pa1000 OS NEXT is a fresh new approach Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
...Due an error of function "StyleToKbdSet" it seems not to be able to change a style automatically per sb-entry without to activate KbdSet#1 of the next style.

It seams? This alone proves that you don't know what you are speaking about.

Stop boring us with the manual and start to experiment with a keyboard (whitch means you should have one) before trying to tell me how I should use mine.

And no, I cannot accept in a live session, if the STYLE TO KBD SET indicator is off due to a previous setting, that the PA is not fully initialized for the song I have chosen from the Songbook.

SO AGAIN, I'M STRONGLY AGAINST YOUR REQUEST !

But you can take a look to my alternative proposal on thread "Pa1000 - Styles incorrect choose KbdSets ?"
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Pa1000 OS NEXT is a fresh new approach Reply with quote

B.Safe wrote:
siebenhirter wrote:
...Due an error of function "StyleToKbdSet" it seems not to be able to change a style automatically per sb-entry without to activate KbdSet#1 of the next style.

It seams? This alone proves that you don't know what you are speaking about.

Stop boring us with the manual and start to experiment with a keyboard (whitch means you should have one) before trying to tell me how I should use mine.

And no, I cannot accept in a live session, if the STYLE TO KBD SET indicator is off due to a previous setting, that the PA is not fully initialized for the song I have chosen from the Songbook.

SO AGAIN, I'M STRONGLY AGAINST YOUR REQUEST !

But you can take a look to my alternative proposal on thread "Pa1000 - Styles incorrect choose KbdSets ?"

Yep, here we go again.

There is only so much banging head against a brick wall one can do.

I totally agree with you in a live setting no keyboard player of any quality is going to mess about opening a style and making all the necessary adjustemts each time they want to play a song.

No, they are going to opem the Setlist and press a single button to load the pre-configured Songbook entry and then start playing.

Only amateurs do it the hard way, a pro finds a working solution and when the working solution is the ethos of the keyboard itself orovided by the manufacturer then hats off to them.

Maybe you know who should buy a Yamaha whose wierd operating systems would probably suit them more.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa1000 OS NEXT is a fresh new approach Reply with quote

B.Safe wrote:
.... you don't know what you are speaking about ...
... cannot accept in a live session, if the STYLE TO KBD SET indicator is OFF due to a previous setting, that the PA is not fully initialized for the song I have chosen from the Songbook ... SO AGAIN, I'M STRONGLY AGAINST YOUR REQUEST !..
Biggles wrote:
... I totally agree with you ....

A forum is an exchange of different views and opinions - but once the postings involve only personal sensitivities or insults, they are expendable.

On the subject "STYLE TO KBD SET" - if its indicator is OFF due to a previous setting and nevertheless Pa is fully initialized for the song you have chosen from the Songbook - that is Styles incorrect choose KbdSet that should stay in previous settings with this position.

Kbd to be fully initialized for a chosen song or changed to KbdSet#1-4 has its defined switches, indicators and parameters - but is not STYLE TO KBD SET indicator OFF, but ON and BLINKING as specified. Nowhere in specification you will find in case of indicator is in OFF Kbd should be initialized - this would make the switching function worthless.

But does not matter if one accept incorrect working of that switch in live session or not - STYLE TO KBD SET in OFF position works incorrect if fully initialize Kbd, also does not matter if you strongly are against requests to correct that function as specified.

To update OS with a correct function of STYLE TO KBD SET as specified is not a request for an improvement but in charge of fixing a bug.

Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at the Korg Webinar on Monday the 4th March at 17:00 GMT.

Where Luke and Adam from Korg UK will be giving a demo of the new Operating System for the PA4X.

It may give some pointers to future changes in the 1000 and 700 op sys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: