Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe Sampler saving woes!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:31 am    Post subject: Electribe Sampler saving woes! Reply with quote

Hi everybody...loving my new sampler but having major issues with saving and reloading of SD cards. I have now lost two sets of patterns after reboots...and i am obviously doing something wrong...so my questions are::::::

1: When i save an e2sSample. All file does it save all the patterns i have written as well????

2: Do i need to have a saved .allPattern and .All Sample file in my Korg folder for the SD card to boot up where i left off????

3: i saved all my samples by 'exporting all samples' but did not save all my patterns and hence on reboot all my patterns did not load and i lost them all...this is because i thought the .AllSamples file saved everything..

Can somebody please clarify the protocol of the Samplers memory and saving process before i pull all my fkn hair out...thankyou
1_inch_punch

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya -

*** 1: When i save an e2sSample. All file does it save all the patterns i have written as well????

Grab hold your chair Smile

There are allsample files & allpattern files.

The patterns are saved in the ES2's memory.

ie - you *dont* need to export an allpattern file if you want them to be in the machine on re-boot.

The samples - however - will not reboot unless you export an allsample file and remains sitting in the level of SAMPLE on the SD card (I may have the name wrong as I bounce from an SP404 to ES2.)

**** 2: Do i need to have a saved .allPattern and .All Sample file in my Korg folder for the SD card to boot up where i left off????

allpattern - no

allsample - yes

*** 3: i saved all my samples by 'exporting all samples' but did not save all my patterns and hence on reboot all my patterns did not load and i lost them all...this is because i thought the .AllSamples file saved everything..

I have no idea what has happened there - see 2 even if you removed the SD Card and restarted the ES2 what should happen is it boots up but defaults to the factory samples but still should retain the Patterns you had saved before you shutdown...

** Can somebody please clarify the protocol of the Samplers memory and saving process before i pull all my fkn hair out...thankyou
kol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers 1-Inch ...i thought as much after researching...its a mystery what happened to my patterns...all i can think of is maybe i initialized the machine and scrubbed them...otherwise maybe i imported some patterns over them...if thats possible... either way..time to start again... and be more cautious...thanks for yr reply
1_inch_punch

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get used to Saving when working on a pattern. You can be working away - getting excited - changing this, doing that - turn that master knob and -- REALISE then YOU *HADN'T SAVED*

gone.

gahhh!

Smile

Always export single patterns too - then you can re-import them if yu screw up.

If you import a single pattern and *don't* save - turn that master knob and - gone -

Just hit that damn save all the time.
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1_inch_punch wrote:
Get used to Saving when working on a pattern. You can be working away - getting excited - changing this, doing that - turn that master knob and -- REALISE then YOU *HADN'T SAVED*

gone.

gahhh!

Smile

Always export single patterns too - then you can re-import them if yu screw up.

If you import a single pattern and *don't* save - turn that master knob and - gone -

Just hit that damn save all the time.

Or go in global parameters and switch on Parameters Lock(I guess). You can change pattern just by holding shift and turn the main knob, if you turn just the knobs it will give you a warning and not change pattern.
Of course you loose the ability to scroll by 10 when you hold the shift but at least you won't f*ck it up but write anyway!
It happen at least 2/3 times in a session and it saved me hours of work
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: