Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I need pa1000 Factory Reset Resources Help Please

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ebuzer52
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:44 pm    Post subject: I need pa1000 Factory Reset Resources Help Please Reply with quote

In Korg main page, there are pa1000 OS files but no Factory reset files. How can i find it. Can someone help me?
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Save your current Set first
- Go to Media/Utility/ 3rd option "Factory Restore" and execute.
- Done

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
ebuzer52
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
- Save your current Set first
- Go to Media/Utility/ 3rd option "Factory Restore" and execute.
- Done

Hi Antony, my pa1000 can not be opened. It asks me format files when i started it and directs me to system update page. It stayed as black screen. So i need factory resources. I mailed to Korg, the answer; because of the security reasons, we cant share factory files with 3rd person. I am shocked !
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your helping request description then is wrong , there are no reset files but factory resources that are distributed only by
Korg since those are encrypted resources and Korg's property.
Those resources are strictly personally shared in cases as yours , where motherboard internal flash rom gets corrupted !
If you're under guarantee conduct with your local distributor and they will resolve issue !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
ebuzer52
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
Your helping request description then is wrong , there are no reset files but factory resources that are distributed only by
Korg since those are encrypted resources and Korg's property.
Those resources are strictly personally shared in cases as yours , where motherboard internal flash rom gets corrupted !
If you're under guarantee conduct with your local distributor and they will resolve issue !

Yes i mean factory resources. For example in previous years there were pa900 factory resources in korg site. As you said, i will send it to guarantee service, it is under guarantee. But approximately it will take 20 days. Nothing to do. The question is; my pa1000 was empty, there were no datas on Ram during 3 weeks. I turn off evening after birthday celebration of my friend, but could not turn on it morning. I wonder where did i mistake? According to you, is it usual?
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not usual and nothing to do with custom data , factory Rom is corrupted for unknown reasons that I can't speculate !

Tarekb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Ebuzer, have you solved this problem?I And how? actually got the same issue.
I'm a new and inexperienced Korg pa1000 user and just 2 days ago I purchased a brand new Korg pa1000 "s/n: 050451" from a local seller (not official) here in Almaty/Kazakhstan. I decided yesterday to try loading some pa sets, some of them worked fine. Then I decided to do factory restore but that process wiped all the local and custom Factory data (Legacy & GM/XG sound banks, sound banks became less than before, style banks became less, and some sounds are not even working, etc..) I know it's my mistake as I did not save a backup copy for for the musical resources before factory reset process!! I downloaded the latest OS v1.5 and installed it as instructed but nothing changed! My issue is complicated! I bought my gear from a local seller (not official) and he bought it from China. It's original & brand new with all it's stuff inside the box. So how to solve this issue? I contacted yesterday with korg support, what I got is an automatic reply redirecting me to the official distributers sites worldwide. But here in Kazakhstan there is no official distributers/dealer! Same time I cannot reach the first seller in China! It's really frustrating!! It's really great gear 😥 I still didn't even start enjoying to play !! Pls if you have any suggestions or help plsss write me🙏🙏🙏
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:11 pm    Post subject: OS - Factory Reset for Pa1000 Reply with quote

Hallo ebuzer52, hello Tarekb

for Pa1000 its OS-Updates are "minimal packages" (pa1000_operating_system_v150. upd or pa1000_operating_system_v150. pkg) , but Korg itself publishes a reference to a FULL FACTORY RESET in case is due when the instrument appears ‘frozen’, due to memory corruption or loading of incompatible data.

There are OS-Updates as "Complete Package" (pa1000_std_v150_factory_reset.pkg001-002 or pa1000_std_v150_factory_reset.upd001-002) that you will not find for download, but I think you will get from Korg Support on demand.

I hardly can believe not to get these files because of security reasons.

@ebuzer52: sent you an PM

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:37 pm    Post subject: Factory Reset Reply with quote

Tarekb wrote:
.. I decided to do factory restore but that process wiped all the local and custom Factory data (Legacy & GM/XG sound banks, sound banks became less than before, style banks became less, and some sounds are not even working, etc..) ...

In my opinion a factory restore do not wipe factory data, but deletes all data from memory (including your custom data), before original musical resources are written to memory from factory ROM.

There is no reason why also your factory ROM should be corrupted if you downloaded and installed OS v1.5 and also did a factory restore operation after the OS update.

It looks like your factory ROM is damaged too - and that's strange when this happens a lot without getting a tool to get the instrument back up and running.

There were similar problems almost two years ago ---> http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=119234&start=70 (with Links to Factory restore "complete packages"). Please publish testimonials!

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: