Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Audio Output severely compromised in Korg Krome 73

View previous topic :: View next topic  
karismithmusic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:41 pm    Post subject: Audio Output severely compromised in Korg Krome 73 Reply with quote

I am a pro musician, 2-4 gigs a week with my Korg Krome 73. I started having issues with it about a month ago, when during a show, the volume decreased significantly and the output was a very staticky, tinny sound. The notes would sustain, and after the note struck at a reduced volume, it would reduce even further to nothing almost immediately. At the next gig, I had no issues, so thought nothing of it.

Several shows later, it happened again. Problem is definitely the board - same issues with just headphones in. Oddly, it seems to have worked on and off since then, and I cannot seem to predict when the problem will happen, or whether or not it will work. I’m not sure what to do, given that I use this board professionally 2-4 times a week, and need to have a working keyboard at all times.

I have sprayed all the inputs with air to make sure there are no dust particles. That seemed to correct the problem once, but trying that in recent instances has not proved effective. I have changed out the internal SD card, with no change. Distorted, staticky sound and reduced volume is the same.

This keyboard was purchased in 2016 for $1,200 - there is no reason a board this expensive and this new should be inoperable. If you have any ideas, I would greatly appreciate them. Calls to Korg have directed me to email Support. Emails to support have generated no response at all. Thank you!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: