Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why User sound works on 2 keys only

View previous topic :: View next topic  
moebrand

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:07 pm    Post subject: Why User sound works on 2 keys only Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
I have a set which has a user guitar sound that works perfectly, but I try to use it with my other set and I copied the sound along with the keyboard set .
I have copied both the sound and keyboard set to my new set that I have , but the sound only plays right on D and D sharp keys and the rest of the keys sound like a low or humming base guitar.
I went to sound mode and checked many things not sure what causes the problem.
Any idea guys why this is happening?
Thanks !
DMS 3Reed Harmonium
an old Accordion
Apple iMac 480GB SSD , 12GB DDR3 Ram,
logic Pro X , Studio One 3.
Dell laptop with 500GB ssd and 8GB Ram , Korg Pa Manager V4
FL Studio 11 Producer Edition
Studio One 6 Artist
Allan & Heath Zedi 10FX mixer
Shure Beta 87A Condenser Microphone
Audio Technica in ear studio monitor headphones
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Why User sound works on 2 keys only Reply with quote

moebrand wrote:
.. I have a set which has a user guitar sound that works perfectly, but I try to use it with my other set and I copied the sound along with the keyboard set..

Copying only make sense with generic Pa-folder, but are unsuitable to merge user sounds or to build / change a new set with them.

That is because pcm-data of user sounds are organized in internal memory in a strict manner, so samples are not accessible without correct links to it.

Better add your user guitar sound to your new set by loading this guitar as single item. With that single load your recent Multisamples and Samples are reorganized in internal memory and - if desired - are ready to be saved as your new set containing your user guitar.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:49 am    Post subject: Re: Why User sound works on 2 keys only Reply with quote

moebrand wrote:

I have copied both the sound and keyboard set to my new set that I have , but the sound only plays right on D and D sharp
keys and the rest of the keys sound like a low or humming base guitar.

- As first load X.SET that contains guitar , and mark "Sound" name that guitar is playing properly.
- Load back your set , be sure that this particular Sound location is empty , open X.SET/SOUND/Bank (where guitar sound was)/click on
found name you had marked and load it as a standalone SOUND.
This way all required samples will be loaded and guitar will sound properly if there are no other issues like protected PCM.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Why User sound works on 2 keys only Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
..- As first load X.SET that contains guitar , and mark "Sound" name that guitar is playing properly.
- Load back your set , be sure that this particular Sound location is empty , open X.SET/SOUND/Bank (where guitar sound was)/click on
found name you had marked and load it as a standalone SOUND.
This way all required samples will be loaded and guitar will sound properly if there are no other issues like protected PCM.

If opening x.Set/Sound/Bank and click on a found name of an user-sound to be loaded as single sound, should not it be possible to choose a target location in memory?

There are examples on Pa1000-manual page 913 / Pa4x-manual page 922 - in this examples a target is choosed as location for loading a single Style from an external device. I would be surprised if this didn't work the same way choosing single locations for single user-data in internal memory with sounds (filetype pcg), pads, kbdsets.

That seems also to be a proper way to merge single user-sounds without to be bound to the location of an user-sound from the set of the external data-device.

To use the same location of a user sound (pcg) of the external and internal memories on my opinion only makes a sense in two cases. If it is intend to LOAD ALL or you get a well-prepared set of a softwareproducer with his instructions, which user banks in the internal memory are to be kept free for loading his software. Musical resources of sets that contains tracks with user-sounds are prepared and planned to be loaded to empty banks in internal memory and same is intended with its correlating user-sound-banks.

There the locations of the sounds (pcg) are fixed and linked with the user sounds in the tracks of the resources - both on the external data device and in the internal memory after the load process.

To create user-sounds (with or without user-samples) it seems not to be necessary to fix a location. Seems to be better to organize the locations for sounds according to personal needs - for example, ascending in the bank user01.pcg. Maybe one has a user-sound "gitar" on an external device and want to locate to User01.pcg in fifth place - after opening selected folder and user-sound-bank on external device a select LOAD "gitar" To "Usr01:05" (Name of target location in memory) will do that (incl all required samples).

If you want to use this new sound in the tracks of KbdSets, pads or styles, then the sound of the track is to be mapped to this location. If you remove this user sound or replace it with another user sound, then the locations in the resources refer either to an empty or to an unintentionally chosen sound, because links in the resources are not automatically reorganized parallel to the Sound memory.
If I have made a mistake in my considerations, I would ask for a correction.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't mess me with manuals , I rarely read them , I consider and working directly with Linux GUI properties , so in the
above case of custom samples , the easy way to load specific samples is to load the specific sound , where system
will load automatically only the required samples (in add/merge mode).

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
moebrand

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Antony ,
So if I am not mistaken you recommend me to copy the sound from the user sound folder of the set which has the working sound and load it to the same user location location of the keyboard memory as it is in the original set, right ?
Thanks for the reply !
DMS 3Reed Harmonium
an old Accordion
Studio One 6 Artist
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually to load specific SOUND from set only in the same position in order the also loaded KB set to work properly.

moebrand

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again Antony ! I will try that and will let you guys know what happens.
DMS 3Reed Harmonium
an old Accordion
Studio One 6 Artist
moebrand

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again guys,
I tried loading the set with the original sound and checked its location and tried loading it to my other set in sound mode where the keyboard selects the location for loading the sound, the size of the sound is 285kb and it loads very quick and again it won't work on all keys. the fact that it loads so fast makes me think there is something missing during loading since files smaller then that takes longer to load.
Any idea guys ?
Thanks !
DMS 3Reed Harmonium
an old Accordion
Studio One 6 Artist
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:55 pm    Post subject: Save user sound containing user samples Reply with quote

moebrand wrote:
.. Any idea guys ? ..

Problem solved in the meantime? If so, what was the reason?

moebrand

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I haven't found the solution to it,
Anybody willing to help if I send the sets ?
DMS 3Reed Harmonium
an old Accordion
Studio One 6 Artist
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:27 am    Post subject: Save user sound containing user samples Reply with quote

moebrand wrote:
No I haven't found the solution to it,
Anybody willing to help if I send the sets ?

How to deal with sounds containing user samples is poorly described in the Manuals, so I believe that most errors already happen by the fact that user sounds are not saved together with the corresponding multisamples and PCMs for a later reuse.

As already mentioned in my 1st post it makes no sense to copy sounds, that contains user samples; that's too little.

If you want to use a specific sound (PCG) in other SETs it is necessary before to SAVE not only the PCG but also all its required multisamples (KMPs) and samples (PCMs) for that sound.
So your first step COPYING sound along with a keyboard set is pointless, because you get no suitable combination of data to be used later for a LOAD of a user sounds with user samples.

I you have a set which has a user guitar sound that really works perfectly better use an usb-stick, create a NEW SET file and "SAVE ALL USER" with marked "User Sound & DK", "PCM" and "User KbdSet Library".
This new Set on USB device now is prepared and suitable to be used for LOAD in any set, as necessary data (Pcg, Kmp, Pcm) for user sound are saved / stored on it.
Loading procedure maybe the next hurdle. I think it is good to LOAD your guitar sound (PCG) from your USB-stick as single item, so KMP and PCM automatically would be loaded into your memory.

It is advantageous to LOAD specific SOUND from set in the same position in order the also loaded KB set to work properly. But this is not always possible, because the position can already be substantiated and used in such a way that one does not want to reorganize it.

But use LOAD procedures whatever you want - PRIMARILY it is most important to fill your internal memory with complete data your user sound needs (pcg, kmp, pcm).
Now you can use your user sound (pcg) in styles, pads and keyboardsets.

Now you can use your in internal memory residing user sound (pcg) in styles, pads and keyboardsets.

PS: In case you did not load specific SOUND from set in the same position in order of the also loaded KbdSet do no work properly: Remap required pcg in tracks of that user kbdset to that position of your internal memories user sound - but that's no big deal finally.

moebrand

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi siebenhirter,
I have been trying this particular sound from a set to my main set that I usually use, but I followed all the advices I got from Antony and all guys here with No luck.
Loading the sound to its location along with the keyboard set and all does not work, while when I load the same sound to another set it perfectly works.
That is annoying as hell.
DMS 3Reed Harmonium
an old Accordion
Studio One 6 Artist
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moebrand wrote:
Loading the sound to its location along with the keyboard set and all does not work, while when I load the same sound to another set it perfectly works.

Now your issue is clear ... In your Set you already have the same MS (initial or modified) , and this MS (multisample) has the same ID with yours , so
it won't be updated/reloaded , no matter if all samples are totally different from the already existing MS since it's marked as already loaded !

It's a rare case that a few people are aware , and the same can happen if you use the same samples in more than one MS !
You can easily diagnose it if you delete all samples & MS of your SET , and then try to load this duplicated MS , it will obviously work fine !
That happens if we mess up our SET with free net resources that contain the same 20 years triton junk samples that were modified by
different amateur authors ...

If you badly need this then you have to find and delete duplicate MS with same ID , else you won't load an already loaded MS !

moebrand

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much Antony for explaining everything! I wish there was a software to find duplicate files on korg sets.
Not sure if korg pa manager does that.
Thanks again!
DMS 3Reed Harmonium
an old Accordion
Studio One 6 Artist
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: