Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trading PA3X for PA1000

View previous topic :: View next topic  
saharfayez

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:40 pm    Post subject: Trading PA3X for PA1000 Reply with quote

After long debates with my self between the PA4X and PA1000, I am planning to trade in my PA3X for the PA1000.

Primarily I want to upgrade because I have updated SET's for the 4X/700/1000 series which are not compatible with my 3x.

My major draw point to the 1000 is the price difference from the PA4X.

What are your thoughts on moving from a PA3X to a PA1000?
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't comment on the PA1000 but this will all depend on your personal requirement of an arranger.
I would imagine the PA3X to PA1000 might be a sideways step in terms of some features.

If you can squeeze those extra $$ I would go for the PA4X and I say that coming from the PA3X myself.

PA4X "NEXT" is now quite magnificent if you compare it to the original PA4X (V1)

All the best with your decisions

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
saharfayez

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your response @karmathanever

can anyone confirm that user set built on a pa4x can be loaded into a pa1000 without any modifications?
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:08 pm    Post subject: pa4 Reply with quote

I have both keyboards and yes the PA4 is better I use my PA 1000 as a backup I play a lot of nursing homes retirement communities in the built in speakers are just enough for small venues. So it makes it fast and easy to get in and out of a job. The PA 1000 does not have's sliders and that's okay I rarely use them on the PA4, the harmonizer on the PA for is much better but the harmonizer on the PA 1000 works just fine. The keyboard bed is better on the PA4 and the keyboard bed on the PA 1000 is not so good but it is playable what I do like about both keyboards dual sequencers and the touchscreen which means I don't have to carry an iPad with words on it or a book of lyrics.. When I go out and play big parties I used to PA4 for the autotune and for the doubling. The doubler on the PA 1000 is set up totally different if you used the doubler you will lose harmony, but on the PA4 you could have harmony and turn the doubler on and you get a fatter sound. The way I got around this on the PA 1000 was to change one of the effects to coursing and use the effects knob to doll and how much I want so now I have three part harmony that I can fatten up these are just some of my thoughts about it both keyboards sounds extremely close to each other I plugged them into an amp and played piano on one and the piano on the other and it's tough to tell them apart very difficult and the PA 1000 does not have as many samples. It and you can load your PA 4 sets, into the PA 1000. Styles go in with no trouble keyboard sets songbook and the samples if you check out my post where I took all the styles from the PA4 and put them into my PA 1000 it made it easy to load in the songbook sets and then I took the PA 1000 and made it a direct set there's just a couple of new styles in the PA 1000.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=113805&highlight=pa4+duby
Ritchie_Blackmore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello saharfayez! My advise - dont move to PA 1000 stay with PA3x or buy a PA4x it will be much better!

Cheers Nick Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: