Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Disaster !

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:38 pm    Post subject: Disaster ! Reply with quote

I have a real issue with my Pa4x, I updated to Version 3 yesterday and followed the install instructions to the letter including deleting my samples and doing the factory reset.

After the install I installed the Musical Resources and it was all working ok.

However, I noticed that when playing through the sounds there were two EP patches that were shown but which you could not select. I then made my own set a direct set from my USB stick.

Although my various setlists were there on some of them I have them transposed into other keys, None of the transpositions were there ?

I then decided to perform a Factory Reset which I have done on Version 2 without any issues before. Now the Pa4x will not boot and cycles continually through the new Kork Pa4x NEXT screen.

I have two gigs this weekend and cannot see how to solve this, Have tried to install Version 3 again but I think as there are samples loaded the V3 OS will not install.

Any help really appreciated ! Rolling Eyes
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
Tom04

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to your gig.
Turn off the machine and start again the update procedure ( Intro1 and Power ON)
Then go back to ver 2.2.
Maybe the best in your situation
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tom,

This is exactly what I have done, I had to reinstall Ver 2, then check that the sample ram was cleared which it was and then Install Ver 3 plus all the resources. Its now back up and running thank god !

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as a footnote to this I followed the OS Install Directions to the letter and had no trouble installing V3 or any of the previous OS upgrades I have done.
Where I ran into trouble was that I had two of the new EP Patches which were shown and which I could not select, pressing them to select nothing happened.

I also overwrote some of the new resources with my own and so decided to do a Factory Reset which I have done on previous OS versions without any problems. Having done the reset when I tried to boot the Pa4x it would not boot and then went into a continuous cycle of trying to boot into the Pa4x NEXT screen, shutting and down and so on.

As far as I can see there is nothing in the OS upgrade manual about having to delete the sample area when using s Factory Reset, we know about deleting the sample area when installing the OS but nothing about using Factory reset.

It appears that in either case of a OS install or Factory Reset the moral of the story is to ensure the sample area is deleted first before a Factory Reset to avoid any issues.

I had to revert to installing OS Ver 2 in order to then move forward for the OS 3 install.

A learning curve for sure but something for us to be aware of.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I also overwrote some of the new resources with my own and so decided to do a Factory Reset which I have done on previous OS versions without any problems. Having done the reset when I tried to boot the Pa4x it would not boot and then went into a continuous cycle of trying to boot into the Pa4x NEXT screen, shutting and down and so on.

Hope all is going OK now - just curious about what happened - when you say "factory reset" above, did you mean "factory restore"?

I had all my transposed setlist items changed too but it was just the Master Transpose lock.

Hope all goes well form here on for you

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Hungnguyen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:40 am    Post subject: Re: Disaster ! Reply with quote

mintjamman wrote:
I have a real issue with my Pa4x, I updated to Version 3 yesterday and followed the install instructions to the letter including deleting my samples and doing the factory reset.

After the install I installed the Musical Resources and it was all working ok.

However, I noticed that when playing through the sounds there were two EP patches that were shown but which you could not select. I then made my own set a direct set from my USB stick.

Although my various setlists were there on some of them I have them transposed into other keys, None of the transpositions were there ?

I then decided to perform a Factory Reset which I have done on Version 2 without any issues before. Now the Pa4x will not boot and cycles continually through the new Kork Pa4x NEXT screen.

I have two gigs this weekend and cannot see how to solve this, Have tried to install Version 3 again but I think as there are samples loaded the V3 OS will not install.

Any help really appreciated ! Rolling Eyes

I run into the same problem that after updating the Next OS V.3 I can’t select the new sounds E-Piano like you , but I resolved by myself that is you forgetting to do the Factory Restore step,
- Now what you need to do is Re-install the Next OS V.3 and Press Media>Ultility > Facrory Restore and restart your Pa4X and install the Music Resources... Done
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I completed the Factory Restore after the V3 Update and still had the issue of not being able to select two EP Patches.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh - Not good and hugely strange.

So let me confirm my understanding:-
    You were at V2.x.x
    You downloaded the OS V3 onto a USB
    You deleted all samples and relates multisamples in memory (RAM)
    You performed the OS upgrade
    You executed the "Factory Restore"
    then immediately after that you could not access the EP- sounds (i.e. you did not load any other "USER" data)

I would definitely download again and re-install V3 fully.

Good luck - keep us posted...
Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:54 pm    Post subject: pa4 Reply with quote

stay with OS2 untill OS3.1 update come out ..it you got gigs
there not that much new in the OS3 for doing gigs..
I had to go back . I do not want headache on the job..
Bescki

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to korg that you are able to go back to 2.2.
Its not disaster
2004 = Korg Pa1x
2000 = Roland Va-7
1998 = Roland E-86
1996 = Yamaha ?!
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok a little confusion here, Firstly I wasnt saying that being able to return to V2 was a disaster the disaster was down to not being able to boot the Pa4x.

Pete- See where your coming from, No what happened was this.

Made Backups of my Pa4x before starting the update procedure.

Deleted Samples in Sample Area,
Installed V. 3
Done the Factory Restore
Loaded Up my Backup including all samples
Everything was then working, EXCEPT two of the EP piano Patches which although were show yet could not be selected when pressed. This were both Factory Presets.

After playing around to see whats new the two unavailable EP patches were bugging me so I decided to perform Factory Restore, when that completed I turned the Pa4x off and restarted which is when it went into a continous booting cycle showing the KORG logo, then the New Pa4x Next Splash screen then going dark and powering down only to continually do this.

At that time I could not see a way out of the problem but it seems obvious now that no matter if your installing the new OS or doing a Factory restore you need to delete the sample area first.

I know that Korg state this in the case of the Installation of V3 but nothing is mentioned about deleting the samples prior to a Factory Restore, at least nothing I could see in the update manual. In the past with V2 I have been able to factory restore without such issues but it must have been the samples that were loaded that prevented the instrument booting up.

Its a learning curve for sure !
Shandera

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. Please provide a link to the upgrade guide for OS 3.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: