Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Would you buy a Grandstage LS (88 or 73), a la Kronos LS?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pianos (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you buy a Grandstage LS (88 or 73)?
YES
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
NO
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

ponkine

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:34 pm    Post subject: Would you buy a Grandstage LS (88 or 73), a la Kronos LS? Reply with quote

Hi all Very Happy

It's no secret that the RH3 action isn't exactly a fans' favourite. It doesn't get the most rave reviews.

I think that's because, compared to other stage pianos and workstations, the action does feel heavy and a bit stiff

Also, it adds considerably weight to the instrument

Compare the weight of Grandstage (20 kg on the 88 keys version, 17 on the 73 keys) vs Nord Stage 3 (12,5 kg on the HP76 version, ONLY 10 KG on the compact)

So, would you buy a LS version of the Grandstage, with light touch action and of course way less weight? (keeping all the features from the main instrument, just like Kronos LS)

Very Happy

pauleway

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought the GrandStage-73 with the RH3 action and I really like the feel of this keybed! I read all the reviews and opinions of how many here did not like the RH3 action, but I tried a SV-1 (in a local music store, with RH3 action) and thought it felt great.
When I received my GS-73 I was hoping it would be the same, and it was, and I am very pleased with the Feel/Touch of this keyboard.
I do own a Yamaha CP-4 and love the touch/feel of this board also. and I think the RH3 action is just as good as the CP-4.
I do prefer a heavier feel on a keybed, even when playing organ songs.
It just comes down to personal preference and what each individual likes.
So I would not buy a GS-LS, because I prefer the heavier touch of the RH3 keybed!! Wink
pauleway

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought the GrandStage-73 with the RH3 action and I really like the feel of this keybed! I read all the reviews and opinions of how many here did not like the RH3 action, but I tried a SV-1 (in a local music store, with RH3 action) and thought it felt great.
When I received my GS-73 I was hoping it would be the same, and it was, and I am very pleased with the Feel/Touch of this keyboard.
I do own a Yamaha CP-4 and love the touch/feel of this board also. and I think the RH3 action is just as good as the CP-4.
I do prefer a heavier feel on a keybed, even when playing organ songs.
It just comes down to personal preference and what each individual likes.
So I would not buy a GS-LS, because I prefer the heavier touch of the RH3 keybed!! Wink
ponkine

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!

Glad you really liked the keybed

My experience was sadly the opposite Sad

After really TRYING the SV1 for a few weeks, I sold it. I really needed something more playable.

I'd LOVE Korg to make a LS Grandstage option, while keeping the regular one with RH3 action. That would make everybody happy

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pianos (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: