Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW KORG Pa4x OS NEXT V3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bad_santa wrote:
In Musical Ressource for OS V3 is the same amount of new user styles for Musikant and International: 28 styles

You are wrong, please see the list below

New Styles in V 3:0 (International and Musikant versions)
Latin Pop Bolero Blues Shuffle Slow Blues ActionMovie 12/8 Action Movie 4/4 Wizard Movie ¾ Venus Pop Wake Me Pop Crazy Little Pop We Are Champ Croco Rock 6/8 Pop Rock Lovely Pop Ride Wind Pop Because Nite Pop Soul Family Pop Meneater Pop Eve In Sky Pop Groove Ballad Steel Ballad KidsMovie Ballad Abstract Orch.FS 80’s Synth FS BroadwayMovie FS Angel Voice FS Western Movie FS Chillout FS Hip RocknRoll (2018 already in Musikant)

Musikant only (incl. additional PCM-Data):
Discofox Duo
Polkakrainer
Raggea 90s
Take A-Ha
Babylon River
Straight Rock
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that is probably correct but we were comparing the RES file included in the OS update download - they are identical for MUSIKANT and International - 28 Styles

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
galambjozsef
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject: pa4x musikant factory set Reply with quote

A friend of mine sent me.
Pa4x Musikant Factory set (v3 next)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WGDJaaCcko_4NQOLa2qU_fxA0QvYqJfT
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but that is not the MUSIKANT Resources set supplied by Korg in the upgrade download.
That looks like a full save of all the MUSIKANT data - so - thanks!!! Wink

Very Happy
sbrown5925

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:07 pm    Post subject: Ballard Strings DNC glitching Reply with quote

Hi.
I wonder if anyone else.has noticed an odd sort of glitching sound to the Ballard Strings DNC and other Ballard Strings?.
I updated to v3. All fine. But when i hold these strings and drop the volume pedde down i here it is like its slightly breaking up..
My father has a PA4x and he also did the update.
I visited him today and I was saddened that his is the same. It does not matter whether you select the strings on upper 1,2 or 3. Or lower. Listern through headphones or through a mixer and amp from audio out.
Because i find these particular strings to be the best for string backing, I had to revert back to version 2.2 which cures this gliching type effect. .Only seams to be on Ballard strings.

Maybe v3 next users give it.a.try? Remove the keyboard split. Put ballard strings dnc on upper 1. Hold a two handed lush chord. Listern carefully. If you have a volume swell paddle , ease down the volume to moderate. See if you can here anything jumping a bit..

I can't feel its a coincidence that mine and my fathers have the same issue but no one else.has...
Si
Paolo@Korg
Korg Italy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kleant wrote:
Some update on the Current NEXT OS v3.0.

Kleant, you have Personal Mail.

Best,
Paolo
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone got the additional styles listed in the above post ?
kleant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some updates on my second observation of NEXT OS v3.0

I have tried again today NEXT OS v3.0 just to make sure of my previous claims and the same samples missing bug reappeared. I have created a video of the problem and uploaded on Vimeo so other members of the forum can check.

https://vimeo.com/325427264

As I have mention before my SET is merged together with a protected .SET however on version V2.2 I did not have this problem.

About the SOUND MODE OSC Volume Level Bug today when I tried to reproduce the Bug it seems now it works fine. Probably reinstalling twice the OS have fixed it I don't know but the first time when I tried basically if I turned volume of OSC1 up or down the same happened to all other OSC2,3..etc Strangely today that I try again its working fine.

However the PADs are still out of synchro even the factory ones, factory restore does not help all PAD's factory and user are out of synchro still on V3.0

I have to go work soon and sorry I don't have more time to test the current NEXT OS. I have again to revert back to OS V2.2 hopefully this does not damage my keyboard reinstalling OS twice. For the moment OS v2.2 at least works without any issue. But I'm very excited of possibilities of the new NEXT OS hopefully KORG will fix bugs and make it as stable as OS v2.2 and will definitely upgrade again next time when they release NEXT update.

And last but not least hopefully KORG will consider suggestions to add 1 or 2 extra USER STYLE BANKS or at least increase the page number.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like the protected SET items are most likely the problem....
How are these items "protected"?

Very Happy
kleant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Seems like the protected SET items are most likely the problem....

Maybe but with the previous OS V2.2 the same problem does not occur.

karmathanever wrote:

How are these items "protected"?

Regarding the protected Samples officially according to KORG only KORG can produce protected USB SET's. However lately I have seen many protected USB SET's selling privately pointing to a source in Germany which have protected samples identically the same as not protected samples which is ironic since protected SET should not contain other samples which are available free on other user sets.

I did in the past asked about the protected USB how are they made and how do they work but I don't think KORG like to discuss about them. Personally I think they should make it available this technology for everyone or they should take off all together because will create problems in the future, however I should not bet on this Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: