Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Got my legacy stuff migrated and working except...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobustAmerican

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:36 pm    Post subject: Got my legacy stuff migrated and working except... Reply with quote

...I don't keep my DAW online 24/7, just for updates. I run a working studio and have other computers for internet access. When I disable my network card in windows the plugins revert back to saying they aren't registered or activated or something. It's tied to the hardware config I know. This is the only software behaving like this and I have a ton of stuff installed from Arturia, U-He, Roland etc...

Too bad. I guess it's time to finally uninstall these for good. Gonna miss my MonoPoly though. I've heard rumors that Mr. B might be making a BonoPoly clone so...Oh well.
- Henry -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

KLC is not the only software to behave in this way, but I get around it by using a wired LAN connection for internet access. This way, I can leave the LAN adapter active and just unplug the cable, leaving the hardware configuration the same. This is far from ideal if the LAN adapter driver causes DPC spikes/dropouts in your DAW, but I found a good driver for mine (Intel I218V) which doesn't interfere with audio.

Another way would be to copy the codes from the plugins to e.g. a Notepad file while still offline, then activate the network adapter and go online to get the return codes. Finally, you could copy the codes to another computer, e.g. via a USB flash drive, and then back again to complete the registration.

I wish I could migrate my Legacy Collection to e.g. an eLicencer USB stick (I know some older versions used the SyncroSoft approach), as this would really simplify things. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Otherwise, I would probably upgrade to the Korg Collection. Although the ARP Odyssey is a nice addition, the bundle no longer includes the Legacy Cell plugin. I have noticed that the product page includes a statement that internet access is required...

- H -

Last edited by - Henry - on Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to check but I am sure my migrated KLC works when not connected to the internet. But I’m away from home. If nobody chimes in, remind me and I’ll check the weekend when I am back.

Ps I was pleased to move away from the eLicenser to a hardware type scheme is I never wanted to take my eLicenser out of the studio.

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
RobustAmerican

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info guys...

I'm just not ready to have my DAW online all the time. All the extra stuff you need to run like firewalls, anti-virus, all the windows network services running, the extra hardware running and all the other things I've forgotten now can really slow your computer down. I know, I've had it set up both ways for testing and I came to the conclusion that I need every bit of horsepower I can get from my machine.

Thanks again!

Randy
Shanesplanet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:33 am    Post subject: online Reply with quote

The korg collection DOES work while offline, but there's a HUGE catch. I use a windows laptop and it has no ethernet connection in the side, it is wifi only. I have 600gb and thousands in software installed, I DO NOT want this online. I like to disable my adapter and leave it that way. Korg is NOW using a system that uses my adapter as an identifier. I register online by enabling the adapter and all is fine, until... I turn the adapter off, and it asks for authorization everytime. When i restart my computer with adapter off (as I require!!), it asks for reauthorization. If i turn the adapter on, the plugins work fine, regadless if im online or not. SO yes, you can use the plugin offline, but NO you cant disable or remove the ethernet adapter you used to authorize. This was NOT an issue under the old system, that allowed offline authorization. I do not do subscriptions, I will not install BS pace or ilok tech, i wont waste 1 of the 2 usb ports on a dongle.

Korg legacy will be dropped soon, if they dont change this. I WILL NOT be forced to leave a wifi adapter enabled, just to use $200 worth of old ass plugins, on a machine that holds thousands worth that don't require it. So glad i didnt spend the $50 more for arp already. I support buying ALL of my software. I cant be the only one here, who doesnt need internet on a dedicated music machine, nor do they want processes running related to the hardware for it. Its not a matter of cost or ability, its a matter of neglecting those of us who arent so keen on being tied to the damn net for every damn thing!

Until this is figured, I guess I'll just remove Korg from my plugins entirely. Id rather NOT have it to use, then find my laptop wont play it. Plenty of other choices in my vst folders.

Last edited by Shanesplanet on Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Shanesplanet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:33 am    Post subject: online Reply with quote

ugghh repost deleted...
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might one way to get round the issue be achieved by changing the WiFi password on the computer, allowing the adapter to remain active and act as ID but unable to connect to the internet?

Shanesplanet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, leaving the adapter enabled but staying offline does work. It also keeps the processes and hardware related to the NIC active.
RobustAmerican

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanesplanet wrote:
Yes, leaving the adapter enabled but staying offline does work. It also keeps the processes and hardware related to the NIC active.

Very late in getting back to this topic but I ended up leaving the adapter enabled. Haven't experienced any weirdness so I think I'm good. It's nice to have my Korg virtual vintage back in the mix.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: