Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sound banks are all mixed up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bambinou

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:42 pm    Post subject: Sound banks are all mixed up Reply with quote

Hello,

I turned my very old triton classic back on after 10 years and realised that most of my banks(not all) sound like they are compltely mixed up, some have vocal samples on arpeggio instead of piano and so on, most of the patches are unplayable.

My disk drive does not seem to work anymore, is there a way to reload the patches via midi from the pc or not please? I have a sound card 2I4 and was thinking that perhaps I could send some data from there.

Thank you.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it the floppy drive that doesn't work, or is the factory recovery floppy disk not readable?

There are USB SSD Floppy Drive Emulators that could replace the Triton's floppy drive and use a USB memory stick to emulate around 100 floppy disks. Search eBay for USB SSD Floppy Drive Emulator. The recovery files could then be copied onto one of the "floppy disks" on the specially formatted USB stick, and the Triton recovered that way.

bambinou

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the reply but there isn;t a usb drive on the triton classic. I have the sysex setup, when trying to load the patches, the triton makes plenty of notes/sounds, all mixed up, like if the sysex signals are not going where they should.
bambinou

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yes sorry, the floppy drive is broken. Is it actually possible to reload the banks/patches via sysex on the classic please? Thank you
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Floppy Drive Emulator would actually replace the Triton's faulty floppy drive (it is the same size), and be connected by the floppy drive cable to the Triton's internals. The emulator then uses a USB memory stick partitioned, using some software that comes with the Drive Emulator, into 100 separate "floppy disk" areas. The software also allows files to be copied to each of the 100 "floppy disk" areas, as if they are separate floppy disks. The Triton just thinks it's using the floppy drive, as normal. Push buttons on the front of the Floppy Drive Emulator select which floppy disk area to use. I'm not aware of a SysEx method of restoring the Triton's sounds. Having said that, this looks hopeful - see page 42 of:

http://www.stuartpryer.co.uk/TritonController.pdf

The author still appears to be selling the software:

http://www.stuartpryer.co.uk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: