Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can I transfer em-1 patterns to the electribe 2?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Norad

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:03 am    Post subject: Can I transfer em-1 patterns to the electribe 2? Reply with quote

Hello everyone. I'm new here but I've had the em-1 for a long time and I never really took the time to figure out how the midi implementation works. I was able to sync to an ea-1 but never really could understand enough to make use of it. Anyways, ten years later and my em-1 is about to croak and I finally think my brain has matured enough to take another crack at it. Problem is I really haven't found any good video tutorials about how it all works and the manuals or any forum discussion might as well be in an alien language. More to the point though, since my em-1 is on its way out I wanted to know if its possible to transfer my patterns or even parts on it to my electribe 2. I have put a lot of work into these songs and would love to continue producing them with the E2's features. Is this plausible, and if it is how do I go about doing it? On the em-1 I have a midi cable connected to out which runs to a midi adapter that plugs into the in of the E2. The em-1's clock is set to external, the E2 is set to internal, and both machines channels are set to one. They don't appear to be connected. My patterns won't play on the E2. I am obviously missing something right? I apologize for my lack of knowledge and naivete but I figured this was the best place to ask for help, advice, links, ect. Thank you for reading.
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you check in global parameters of the Electribe that the filters option are deactivated?
I think how I will approach this will be resample everything, transfer to the Electribe 2 and for midi it will probably be easier use a daw(if you don't have any just download any demo or a free one).
Set up a track or whatever is called for the Electribe where every pad is a locked midi channel(in Ableton you will do 16 tracks and like in Maschine it's a whole group), set up also in the same way the EM-1, record EM-1 in a daw, drag and drop in the Electribe channel, record in the electribe and after I'm done with the patterns I will attach the right sample.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: