Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Total beginner need help fast

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sima211

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:22 pm    Post subject: Total beginner need help fast Reply with quote

Hello, I recently bought a Korg Triton LE and since I know it doesn't have embedded speakers I bought speakers that have one jack and one USB port. Since I realized it doesn't have a USB port I tried the jack but it's too small. I tried my headphones for both phone and PC and neither work. It doesn't say what size jack does it use. What should I do?
Sima211

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Total beginner need help fast Reply with quote

I used my phone buds (those small ones you put into your ears) and it seems that it fits... but it makes no sound like it isn't connected. How do I know if it is well connected?
Sima211

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: Total beginner need help fast Reply with quote

Nvm I found a solution.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was the solution?

The headphone jack on the front of the Triton LE is a 1/4" stereo jack. It's not a bad thing to have a couple of 1/4" male to 1/8" female stereo jack adapters to hand. A lot of headphones either have 1/4" or 1/8" stereo jack plugs, where the plug has a tip, ring and sleeve i.e. three connections, and these should be suitable for this purpose, fitting the adapter to the Triton LE when using a 1/8" plug.

Earphones for mobile phones tend to have a fourth connector (in the form of a second ring) for the tiny in-lead microphones that many of them have. There is just a tiny hole through which the sound enters the microphone. These are not really suitable, unless you made, or had made for you, a bespoke 1/4" stereo plug to 1/8" tip, ring, ring, sleeve socket adapter. The audio quality of mobile phone headphones tends to be rather poor, and will probably not do the Triton LE any justice.

Whilst the following may not necessarily be 100% accurate in your case, since there is no detailed info on which speakers you have, the speakers may well have a 1/8" plug on them, for the audio signal, and the chances are it's an active speaker system with built in amplifier, that derives 5V power from the USB connector only, and does not get audio via USB.

wpostma

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a workstation keyboard. What I would suggest you do instead is run a pair of instrument cables to powered monitors. Either direct with short unbalanced (TR, two conductor, 1/4") or balanced (TRS, three conductor 1/4") from a mixer. The korg outputs are unbalanced so it's best to minimize the length of that run. You can also buy direct input boxes that convert balanced to unbalanced, if your keyboard is not at your home and you need to make a long cable run to a house PA.

Here's a picture of what I mean for average home keyboard players:

two instrument cables (same as you use for guitars) out of the back of the korg.

In the picture below we're going to a DI box but you can also just run directly into powered monitors like KRK ROKIT5s, or a short run directly into a desk mixer. If you have two or three synths you'll want a desk mixer.

[/img]

Warren Canada
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: