Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe + TR-09

View previous topic :: View next topic  
imminent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:47 pm    Post subject: Electribe + TR-09 Reply with quote

Hi everyone! I just bought an Electribe and I just want to clock the two devices together. I tried with the Global seetings "send" and receive" filter but nothing works yet, I am sure I am doing something wrong. Help me please.
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Electribe has midi channel locked per pad/parts so Pad 1 is midi channel 1, Pad 2 is midi channel 2...
I quickly cheked the TR-09 midi implementation in mode 2 Bass drum 35-36 so B2/C2, snare 38-40 and so on.

You can set the midi channel on the TR-09, in the respective Electribe Pad set to audio in mono and Voice Assign Poly, you can play the tr-09 with the Electribe Keyboard.
Note that Electribe has 4 note max per parts so you will be able to only trigger 4 drums sounds at the same time.

If you can assign on the tr-09 midi channel per drum sounds you can have the respective Electribe pad play that tr-09 drum sound.
In this case you will of course occupy more pad on the Electribe.

If your TR-09 can't change midi channel per drum sound but only globally and you really want trigger every drum sound from the Electribe pads your solution is a midi filter/processor. You can set up on your computer and decide which note play on your selected channel.
imminent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for your asnwer! but I am not sure if I understand. Actually I just want to sync them in the same bpm that is it. I've been struggling with this a lot now. I put the midi cable in the midi in of the Electribe and midi out of the TR09 and nothing. Changed the global settings of the Clock Mode option in the Electribe to Auto,External midi, etc and nothing yet. Also changed the seetings of the TR09 to sync and nothing. How do you normally sync the Electribe? I don't really know what is wrong now.
slug

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the manual:

7. Playing by synchronizing with external device
This system can be set for synchronization with MIDI or Sync signals.
1. Select CLOCK MODE from the global menu.
2. Rotate the Value knob to set signals to be used as the master.
- Internal: Sets this system as the master.
- Auto: Sets an external device as the master, when the device is connected. In a regular setting, this system is set as the master.
- Ext.USB, Ext.MIDI and Ext.Sync: Sets signals from devices connected to each jack as the master.

From the connection direction you have described, you will want to set it to Ext.MIDI
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slug wrote:
From the manual:

7. Playing by synchronizing with external device
This system can be set for synchronization with MIDI or Sync signals.
1. Select CLOCK MODE from the global menu.
2. Rotate the Value knob to set signals to be used as the master.
- Internal: Sets this system as the master.
- Auto: Sets an external device as the master, when the device is connected. In a regular setting, this system is set as the master.
- Ext.USB, Ext.MIDI and Ext.Sync: Sets signals from devices connected to each jack as the master.

From the connection direction you have described, you will want to set it to Ext.MIDI

Correct but I will suggest to avoid Auto setting just to make it smooth.
captain johnson

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For OP - set tr-09 midi channel to off. Then you are all set.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: