Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using KROME INTERNAL SOUNDS in a DAW

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lolloz7

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:03 pm    Post subject: Using KROME INTERNAL SOUNDS in a DAW Reply with quote

Hello, I'm new to the forum. (:

I own a Korg Krome (73) and my question is:
Is there a way to export and have the internal sounds (programs) of my workstation in a DAW like Cubase... to use them as VSTs?

Basically I want to use my Krome to record music on a DAW, but if I only record audio I can't edit it as MIDI... but if I use it as a controller I have MIDI but I have to use VST and sounds from the DAW and not the internal ones of the Korg, that I prefer...

So basically I know I can use my Krome as a midi controller or record it with an audio interface... but how can I record and use the same sounds of the keyboard in my software...?

Sorry for my bad explanation and my english, it's not my first language... but I hope someone could understand my problem and hopefully help me.

Thanks in advance. (:
jcw

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes...I believe you can, if I understand you correctly.

This is what I do. I have Ableton. I use the external instrument and the current sound on the Krome plays in Ableton. This means I can add effects to the Krome sound. It would able to record midi using that sound.

I don’t think you have different sounds on different tracks due to the audio set up of the Krome...I have tried many times but nit been successful.
lolloz7

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcw wrote:
Yes...I believe you can, if I understand you correctly.

This is what I do. I have Ableton. I use the external instrument and the current sound on the Krome plays in Ableton. This means I can add effects to the Krome sound. It would able to record midi using that sound.

I don’t think you have different sounds on different tracks due to the audio set up of the Krome...I have tried many times but nit been successful.

And, sorry, how do you do that practically? You record your Krome using an audio / midi interface / usb? And then how do you have the midi with the krome sound in ableton? You convert audio from the keyboard or you already have it as midi?
Maybe I'm asking stupid questions but I'm not very experienced with daw and hardware stuff... Laughing

Thanks for your answer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: