Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to edit the intro?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
patpsc

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:17 am    Post subject: How to edit the intro? Reply with quote

Hi all,

I’m trying to edit an existing intro but found it impossible to do so. Please help if you know how. I found the sequencer function of the Pa4X is horrible and wish Korg give us a traditional sequencer with all normal editing capabilities such as you can freely cut, delete or insert at any measure.

Here is what I want to edit:

I have an existing intro with 8 measures recorded. Now I want to copy the last 4 measures (4 to 8 ) and insert it at the end staring at measure 9.

Thanks
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi patpsc

Firstly it is very possible to do but bear in mind that you are editing a style which is different to a song sequence as such and you'll be working in 2 modes - STYLE EDIT and SEQUENCER. So you need to make the actual changes using the sequencer.....

Backup first etc....

Here's a quick dirty description.....
These are the main steps to take:-
    Select the style
    Enter "Record" mode and select style edit
    Select the element (intro1-CV1) and be aware of how many CVs it has (usually 2)
    Let's also assume its length is 8 measures.
    From the menu select Import/Export and then Export tab
    This screen enables you to export the entire intro1-CV1 (i1-CV1) and will create an SMF for you.
    Exit STYLE REC and enter the SEQUENCER mode and load the i1-CV1 SMF file
    The 8 measures should play fine.
    In SEQUENCER menu select "SONG EDIT>>Copy" and then enter the data:- "Overwrite, From All, Start 5, End 8, To 9, Repeat 1" >> Execute
    Now you will hear your intro with the last 4 measures added to the end - 12 measures!!!
    Save the song (SMF)
    Enter STYLE REC again and Import that file to the INTRO1-CV1
    The length of the element will change to 13
    YES!!! 13 - one irritating thing here is that the imported file will have an extra measure of control at the beginning so... just CUT the first measure (STYLE Rec>>STYLE EDIT>>cut) all tracks measure 1 only.
    Make sure the CV1 length is now correct (12) and write your changes to your style.

You will need to do this for CV2 which most INTRO1's have.

It seems a lot but seriously his will take about 5 minutes of your time.

If you cannot follow this, please let me know and I'll tidy up the "dirt" Wink or help appropriately etc...

Don't lose faith in the PA4X sequencer - it is one of the best on-board sequencers but like all sequencers in the world, you need to get used to it.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy

Gee!! Hope this helps!!
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
jpires

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete, you are a life saver in this forum.
I use sequencer a lot, your explain it exactly the way it should be done.
like you said, it may sound complicated but it isn't. Korg have one of the best sequencers on the market and easy to use, once you know the tricks
it 's like a butter.
Jp
patpsc

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Pete. I agreed with JP that you are a life saver in this forum. Sometimes I get frustrating but... I really really do love my 4X Smile
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patpsc said

I found the sequencer function of the Pa4X is horrible and wish Korg give us a traditional sequencer with all normal editing capabilities such as you can freely cut, delete or insert at any measure. ?

All of those functions are available in the Pa4x Sequencer !

Have a read of the appropriate sections of the user manual
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mintjamman wrote:
All of those functions are available in the Pa4x Sequencer !

Have a read of the appropriate sections of the user manual

Actually most -if not all- of those functions were already available when I bought my first Korg arranger Pa800 back in 2008, so patpsc is at least late by 11 years or so for his/her sequencer requests!

mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the onboard sequencer all the time and have constructed at least a 100 songs on it for live playing and recording and while it does not have a graphical linear display ( which would be handy ) its a workmanlike workflow that allows you to get a song or track knocked together quickly once you get the hang of it.

Thats my own opinion of course Smile
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mintjamman wrote:
I use the onboard sequencer all the time and have constructed at least a 100 songs on it for live playing and recording and while it does not have a graphical linear display ( which would be handy ) its a workmanlike workflow that allows you to get a song or track knocked together quickly once you get the hang of it.

Thats my own opinion of course Smile

That's not just an opinion. These are facts! Of course no workstation (including Kronos) can ever compete with a full blown DAW, but still you have all the necessary tools to edit a midi recording.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: