Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

styles from Yamaha to korg
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snoopy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

it depends, what is the source : Genos, Tyros 5 or earlier ?

Korg can´t handle neither "RevoDrums" nor "AudioDrums", and, as already mentioned, no MEGA and SA Voices.

Of yourse you can change the sty extension to .mid, but then you should first remove all MEGA-Voices ( mega-voice remover from jorgen sorensen ) and split the midi-part from the part that includes the control-parameters ( use "CASM-Edit" for it. )

It would be very easy if Yamaha could export it´s styles as MIDI, like Korg can do it.

I´m quite sure that it takes less time to programm the desired style completely new ( or changing an already existing Korg-style ) than trying to convert it.

BTW: Its ( at least in germany, but I think in the whole world ) NOT ALLOWED to use Yamaha styles in keboards of other brands ( Copyright ) Wink

PA4X MUSIKANT, OS 3.1.0, PKG-Version
oliv73

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Yamaha styles not allowed in other brand : Korg styles are better than yamaha's (to my ears) but there are a lot of 3rd party and songstyles that not exist in korg world ... Wink

About mega voices ... Yes you're right.
The best conversion results concern PSR 9000 styles . They have no megavoices , no revo drums , no superarticulations ....

So (as you said) it takes more time to manage all these conversion issues than start a new style from scratch Laughing
GerdH

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom04 wrote:
Nemiks way is the correct one.
But in my experience I got a much faster result beginning with a KORG style, which is similar to the wanted format, and then edit this one.
All really good yamaha styles use special programming based on yamaha specific details (SA voices, special effects depending on aftertouch or velocity values etc.) This can‘ t be interpreted in an other instrument in the same way. So changing this in detail is really a lot of work.
Changing Korg specific programmed styles maybe faster with a (korg specific) better result.
Just my opinion.

Just as nemik does that, it's right.
Already have many Yamaha styles with this method to korg pa4x best converted. Sounds great.

Unfortunately it does not work with Tyros 5 and Genos Style.

Gerry
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You also have to transpose RX notes and usually swap break with fill or end1 with end3 as well

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: