Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HARDWARE WISH-LIST for FUTURE PA models (Hardware only)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a hardware perspective the PA4X replacement must be complete now to allow time for the software development to take place considering past time lines... so we wait with anticipation to see what will emerge from the korg stables this time... This will either be a continued steady evolutionary upgrade of the present TOTL Arranger Series or (we hope) a much more Powerfull Processing Powered Platform which many around here would like to see and this includes much of the discussion we have seen.
ponkine

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OSIMO as standard on every new Pa and software updates

Very Happy
Snoopy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently heard a guitar played over the PA1000 Amp, sounds great.

BTW: The "old" PA1000 had a RCA-Video-Out, the new ones do have HDMI Wink

Of yourse the 1000 has "more new features" than the 4X, it´s just a few years "younger".

And, in ALL keyboards available present time there is an OS based on the last millenium, as well most of the hardware ( even the Genos uses internal USB 2.0 instead of native SATA for the harddisk...).

Why should manufacturers change that ? People buy their new keyboards anyway, so why spend a lot of money for new inventions ?

PA4X MUSIKANT, OS 3.1.0, PKG-Version
steve350

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why I'm not going from my Pa3x to the Pa4x. I need most of the requests posted for me to upgrade to a new arranger. The Guitar input, HDMI output, 8 outputs, more poly, etc. That's what I would pay for.
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that Korg are using the extra time for hardware R&D gained by the NEXT OS to go completely back to the drawing board. It seems pretty apparent that Korg have pretty much tapped out the current synth and effects architecture (much of which is really just retasked Triton architecture, which is a 20 year old design!), while the architecture for the Kronos line has gone in an utterly different direction. A far more modern CPU and OS, high resolution video touchscreens, greater polyphony, greater FX capabilities, seamless sound changes and the ability to run alternate synth and Hammond sim engines are now the current state of the art for Korg.

It is LONG past time that the CURRENT Korg state of the art was leveraged as the engine for Korg's 'state of the art' arrangers, rather than fobbing us off with 20 year old design limitations...

Now, don't get me wrong, Korg have done an amazing job squeezing every last bit of usefulness from these aging CPU's and OS's, but they have rather painted themselves into a corner with not a whole lot of place to go any more. But the decision to extend the life of the PA4X with a new OS offers an opportunity for the hardware team to not have to work on the aging system, and skip a model cycle (which will always annoy those addicted to semi-regular model purchases as a way to convince themselves things are improving!), treat the PA4X NEXT as a PA5X, and take the time to develop the Kronos architecture as the basis for the next few PA series models.

I'd seriously be perfectly fine with Korg going another 2-3 years without a new model, and be content with just a bit of fine-tuning to OS NEXT, while the hardware boys threw the Triton architecture and aging hardware and OS out the window, and started from scratch with the Kronos hardware as the new foundation for the PA line for the next 20 years! It would at least give us somewhere to go, somewhere to grow, and we would be basing our arrangers on a hardware and software model that was still currently in the Korg lineup, not on a workstation engine that hasn't been sold for years...

Let's just pretend that OS NEXT is actually the PA5X, and give the team the time to start over again. But if we have this constant whining about 'OMG, when's the next PA coming out?!' we don't really give them the time to go back to the drawing board.

We have outlined a plethora of hardware improvements we really need in this thread, but the basic truth of the matter is, we have to give Korg time to shift over to the new stuff. Because I don't honestly think there's a way in hell that Korg can squeeze hardly any of these ideas out of these aging chips and synth architecture the PA series is currently based on. We need a clean sweep, a fresh start.

And that isn't going to come overnight...
PersianKORG

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Motorized slider volumes Smile
-add button for selecting features of ribbon control and pitchbend/modulation joystick
-update USB ports to USB3
-Support of SSD for external storage
-Dedicated Guitar/Mic input
-Support wireless Media connection
tkarlmann

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:01 am    Post subject: Please make a CASE for the -76 & more & better Pads Reply with quote

I was really surprised that Korg has not made case especially for the Pa4x-76!
Please consider this for future products! With "KORG" molded on the side.
I think I can say that the Pa4x is the premier Arranger keyboard out there; so why not be able to show this off?
PADS: I've looked at the Casio MZ-x500 and I really like their PADS!! I am aware of the Korg product that can be added to the Pa4x; but I remain unsure as to how completely it will function. I want, not only drum-beats, but phrases, melodies, chords -- anything I want -- to be accessed through those PADS -- AND allow the option for the PAD sound to sync up with the currently selected rhythm or not. Velocity-sensitive, of course. 16 seems like a good number of PADS to have.
Randelph
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the PA1000, I'd like
1. Better keybed! My number one complaint for the PA1000. Takes much more effort to play when you get closer to the fall board, is very noticeable to me, slows me down.

2. + and - buttons directly beneath the value dial

3. Tempo +/- buttons as well as the 4 Keyboard Set buttons and Track Select button have lights for easy navigation in the dark

4. Considerably more instructional videos from Korg. I love this board, but it's been really challenging to get up to speed

5. For Sound organization: duplicate the 16 folders used for Factory Sounds in the User Sound area. It's a travesty to have to cram all your User Sounds into 4 Sound folders, makes it hard to find what you've already worked on.

6. More insert FX!!! It's kinda crazy there's only 1 for Upper 1-3 and Lower.

7. Some algorhythym that varies the accompaniment tracks as wanted- after awhile, even well-programmed Styles, sound robotic. There has to be a way to vary, for example, for volume levels of the Drums/Perc/Bass so it doesn't sound so much like you're on a chugga chugga endless repeat train

8. Board weighs under 20 pounds

9. 76 key version of the PA1000 is the only version sold!!!!! PA700 sold as 61 notes

10. Audio in separate from Mic/Gtr in. Even an 1/8" audio in would suffice. If you're using the mic or guitar in, you have no way to have other keyboard sounds feeding the korg, like an iPad.

11. Help screens- could be as simple as holding down the Shift button and then touching an option on the screen, it brings up the related parts of the manual on the touchscreen, with scrolling if needed, along with page references to find further help in the manual

But seriously, the PA1000 has been a convoluted mess to get up to speed on in regards to how things are saved, the relationship of the Sounds to Styles to Songs, it's tripped me up literally dozens of times as I'm learning this board.

Why not keep the basics in place, Songbook and Styles, but overhaul how things are accomplished. If there was a robust Help system built-in, that would assist people who already know the old way of doing it.

Last edited by Randelph on Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
sagar ahuja

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject: Pa Reply with quote

I think upcoming Flagship arranger body should be like kronos, Montage or motiffs. specially back side of kronos, which looks very bold and premium, and also the illuminating korg logo like kross2. The current pa4x back side is very tiny and pa4x and korg logo is not readable from stage. I have lot of stage pictures with pa4x and many people asks me about brand and model. Pa4x has very tiny and small which doesn't give a premium look to this keyboard, this is may be because of that connection for Pa-as speakers. What say guys?
the_boss81

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auto adjustable gain for microphone input and automatic harmony control with mp3 (like was in Pa3x ??). BR Very Happy
B.Safe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randelph wrote:

9. 76 key version of the PA1000 is the only version sold!!!!! PA700 sold as 61 notes

No way, I love the PA1000 with 61 keys...
Randelph
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B.Safe wrote:
Randelph wrote:

No way, I love the PA1000 with 61 keys...

You musta be crazy!!!!! (just kidding)

76 keys hits the golden range- not so many notes as to be unwieldy like an 88 note board, and not too few so you're able to hit almost another octave in the bass range.

But yeah, in terms of size, many people only have room for smaller boards. I've always wondered about sales of 61 vs 76 vs 88 notes. I've heard both that 88 note boards are overwhelmingly more popular, and that 61 note boards sell the most.
B.Safe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, it's not a problem of space Smile
I use 61 notes on keyboards I have to move myself and 88 notes in other cases.
My PA1000 is intended for the first category.
So I don't really have any use for a 76 notes.
the_boss81

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B.Safe, you buy an external Helicon, is it better than the one in Korg? Or you just need phantom power? Thanks a lot - br Smile
B.Safe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the_boss81 wrote:
B.Safe, you buy an external Helicon, is it better than the one in Korg? Or you just need phantom power? Thanks a lot - br Smile

I have several reasons to use the Perform VK
1) It has more functions than the PA1000's voice harmonizer (not only phantom power)
2) The PA1000's audio input remains available for guitar effects or for another singer with his own harmonizations
3) The output of the Perform VK is balanced, which is not the case with the PA1000. So I connect the PA1000 output to the VK via a very short unbalanced link and from there I send to the sound system with a TRS link
4) The VK is also a very good sound card to record in the DAW (reaper) simultaneously and on separate tracks what comes from the PA1000, the raw voice and effects from the VK
5) The voice harmonizer can also be used from the DAW, independently of the PA1000
6) All this is done without having to modify any connection and without the need of an additional mixer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: