Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apply sustain pedal to non-globl channel triggered by NanoPd

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yeskeys

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:09 pm    Post subject: Apply sustain pedal to non-globl channel triggered by NanoPd Reply with quote

Kronos question: I set up a complicated Combi where the keyboard plays 6 layers assigned to the global channel 1.
I also assigned a piano to channel 2.
I trigger some piano chords via Kronos USB input from my Korg NanoPad2, and I want to apply the sustain pedal to ONLY to those piano chords. The piano is assigned to midi channel 2. The NanoPad is configured and working, but regardless of the Midi Filter switches I can't get the sustain pedal to only affect channel 2.

And advice? and thanks in advance.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my guess is you using the same programs in Global channel and midi channel 2.

When using Nano 2 you have only 1 choice of channel.

However, you can possibly set Nano to 4 chords on Global and 4 chord pads to midi channel 2.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: Apply sustain pedal to non-globl channel triggered by Na Reply with quote

yeskeys wrote:
Kronos question: I set up a complicated Combi where the keyboard plays 6 layers assigned to the global channel 1.
I also assigned a piano to channel 2.
I trigger some piano chords via Kronos USB input from my Korg NanoPad2, and I want to apply the sustain pedal to ONLY to those piano chords. The piano is assigned to midi channel 2. The NanoPad is configured and working, but regardless of the Midi Filter switches I can't get the sustain pedal to only affect channel 2.

And advice? and thanks in advance.

So the damper pedal is also affecting all 6 of the timbres in your layer, as well as the piano?
mikelees

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Kronos, control information like sustain is only generated on the global channel Gch (which by default is channel 1), so the first thing you need to do is to relay that information to channel 2. This can be done with a Karma module: In the Karma setup screen, use any initialised module but make sure the Run, Thru In Zone, Thru Out Zone and Thru buttons are unticked. Set the input channel as your global channel (1) and the output as channel 2. When you enable Karma this will send control information like sustain to channel 2 also.

Secondly, if you don't want sustain on channel 1 sounds, then use the MIDI filters to disable damper for those timbres in the Combi.
yeskeys

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeless -- Your solution sounds like it is exactly what I need. Thanks, I'll test it and post results.

I'm actually playing the intro to Baba O'Riley by hand - one octave use the layer Delay to play two 8th notes, another octave uses 4 layers where each is delayed to create a run of four sixteenth notes, and the nanopad plays four voice piano chords, which I need to sustain with my pedal so I can keep the "sequencer" notes going over the chords.
mikelees

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - a different approach might be to set one of the nanoPad pads to toggle mode using the Korg nanoPad software. In toggle mode, you press the pad once to start a chord or sequence etc. then press it again to stop it. This even works for the top 8 Kronos chord pads.
yeskeys

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it working perfectly with the KARMA workaround.

Thanks!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: