Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem report - NEXT-V3.1.0 ONLY (NO WISH-LISTS!!!!)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject: Problem report - NEXT-V3.1.0 ONLY (NO WISH-LISTS!!!!) Reply with quote

So Korg have given us yet another great update Cool Cool
There will be issues as it would be near impossible to successfully test the millions (if not, billions) of user scenarios and operational permutations, so hopefully, right here, we can sensibly assist Korg with future development and fixes.

Please report any problems you find with OS V3.1.0 in order to assist Korg development team.
A problem will be something that the PA4X V3.1.0 should perform correctly according to Korg's formal documentation.

(Wish-list items WILL be removed)

I will remove duplicate reports to try keep it simple for Korg to follow.

PLEASE IDENTIFY YOUR OS TYPE (e.g. International, Oriental, Musikant)

Thanks for your co-operation

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
redfox

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be specific. If you can do the same thing two different ways, state which one you used. "I selected Load" might mean "I clicked on Load" or "I pressed Alt-L". Say which you did. Sometimes it matters.
Be verbose. Give more information rather than less. If you say too much, the programmer can ignore some of it. If you say too little, they have to come back and ask more questions. One bug report I received was a single sentence; every time I asked for more information, the reporter would reply with another single sentence. It took me several weeks to get a useful amount of information, because it turned up one short sentence at a time.
Be careful of pronouns. Don't use words like "it", or references like "the window", when it's unclear what they mean. Consider this: "I started FooApp. It put up a warning window. I tried to close it and it crashed." It isn't clear what the user tried to close. Did they try to close the warning window, or the whole of FooApp? It makes a difference. Instead, you could say "I started FooApp, which put up a warning window. I tried to close the warning window, and FooApp crashed." This is longer and more repetitive, but also clearer and less easy to misunderstand.
Read what you wrote. Read the report back to yourself, and see if you think it's clear. If you have listed a sequence of actions which should produce the failure, try following them yourself, to see if you missed a step.
nicky_p

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Local Control On/Off dont work as expexted!

When is off the PA4X can't receive from DAW. When is on there is midi echo wich make the PA4X FREEZE! Hope this will be fixed in next version!
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicky_p wrote:
Local Control On/Off dont work as expexted!

When is off the PA4X can't receive from DAW. When is on there is midi echo wich make the PA4X FREEZE! Hope this will be fixed in next version!

As a workaround, most DAW’s allow you to stop a midi loop by disabling midi through on a track.
Vex

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OS 3.1.0 :
My Pa4 76 completely freezed, stucked with style and last upper sounds. Must manually reboot kbd switching from power. In the middle of the wedding party. Disaster.
ova

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:26 pm    Post subject: Pad SYNC BEAT Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

Originally, a Pad that was saved as PAD SYNC ''BEAT'' in the Edit page, would start the Pad on the downbeat of the next beat, and the ''CONTINUED'' would start playing the Pad in synchro from the measure that one would have pressed the Pad Botton.

Now, CONTINUED works fine, but the BEAT starts as the CONTINUED does, and makes a mess, because it starts the Pad right away as soon as the Pad Botton is pressed from its beggining, instead of starting at the 1st measure of the following beat.

Am I the only one with this problem since the update of V3, even with 3.1?

Thanks
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My Pa4 76 completely freezed, stucked with style and last upper sounds. Must manually reboot kbd switching from power. In the middle of the wedding party. Disaster.

Not good but can you give some details otherwise there is nothing to test.

Thanks

Pete Very Happy
Vex

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Karma : Problem is there is nothing to tell : Style play mode, I was on synchro start + stop mode and simultaneously pressed key in the left hand and a chord in right hand to start playing a style and - in that moment keyboard freezed completely.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you can reproduce the problem?
All styles?
Vex

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
So you can reproduce the problem?
All styles?

I'm on a gig today, too.... Will be monitoring situation, yesterday, when this problem appeared it was on my regular user style that I've played hundreds of times, no problem until yesterday.... Later that day, I was playing that style again with no problems.... So be smart now and tell me how to reproduce this bug? I have no clue.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So be smart now and tell me how to reproduce this bug? I have no clue.

Very funny... if I was that smart and indeed psychic, Korg would employ me on a fat salary.
How about repeating as best possible what you were doing when it happened.

Whenever you have an issue with anything whether it be your car, TV, keyboard etc the people trying to help need details.
If this is a one-off problem that you cannot reproduce then, if there is a next time, you must somehow note everything you were doing/had loaded etc as best possible.

It is always a process of elimination when trying to find random/intermittent problems - particularly computers and cars and recording details details details!!

Hope this doesn't happen again to you

Very Happy
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some very helpful details you can add might be:

User style... self-created or commercial? If self-created, did you use the SMF to style converter? If commercial, name style and vendor so others with the same style can check it out.

Samples: Does the style use samples? If so, once again, user created or commercial? If commercial, name the set and creator. Any sample sets loaded into the keyboard Parts?

Has freeze ever happened in your home, or only on a gig? Were there lights on the same circuit? Gig power can often be iffy, particularly at weddings in venues not accustomed to their power being used for band gear, lighting and cooking or heating food. Can’t tell you how many brownouts I’ve witnessed in wedding tents!

What did you do PRIOR to the freeze? Another user style? Loaded samples for a different style? Made a Songbook call? Used the Player for an SMF? Quite often it is what you did before an error that sets the conditions for what follows...

Troubleshooting is the art of sifting through endless seemingly pointless information until a pattern emerges. The more seemingly pointless information you provide, the more there is to sift!
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:45 am    Post subject: Serious Media Resources BKP bug in OS v3.1 !!! Reply with quote

When a compressed SET of over 1 GB has been saved in BKP full resources format then
will be never loaded again in Pa4X , loosing all user's work and corrupting internal memory block , causing looping restarting for ever ,
until full reset & format of Pa4X internal motherboard memory and normally Pa4X needs service center for most of end users ...
It seems that OS v3.1 full resources saving , do not support >1GB custom samples resources probably because of max real 1Gb of Ram.

This must be addressed and corrected immediately !!!

Workflow for Korg software engineers

Resources Details
- This test was made with 2 different created BKP files of 1080 Mb & 1090 Mb compressed custom samples resources under OS v3.1 (PKG format)
and under Pa4X International model firmware.
- SETs were created and were working fine after any restarting of Pa4X with no issues until trying to load any of 2 created BKP full resources.
- End Users function "SAVE & LOAD ALL" worked fine in whole or any partial resources loading function.
- Saving in Full Resources format BKP worked fine until finished and created files were valid externally with an average size of 820Mb.

Loading behavior
- When choosing any of BKP files to be loaded (actual sizes over 810Mb) , system verifies files integrity , you are asked to confirm OK and it freezes
there before loading bar at "Please Wait" window for ever.
- For one BKP , I forced restarting Pa4X and for the 2nd BKP , I left Pa4X all night until auto shut down operation worked after some hours.
- In both cases booting restarts in looping state all the time and all over again , being unable to load OS and Pa4X needs official Korg service for
average end users.

Recovery Options
- The only recover option is loading the full factory resources restore pack OS v2 of 5Gb that has full system memory format and restore option ,
in order to clear corrupted loaded resources of BKP files and have a working Pa4X again.

It's obvious that over 1Gb of sampling data of BKP can't be initially loaded in their whole size in max. 1Gb of Ram , so BKP must be
partially loaded or must be created in 2 readable by Ram buffer part files , like factory sound resources distribution !

For any help or assistance due to address this you can contact with me !

PS : Please do not comment in this topic !!! use ordinary posts elsewhere.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V

Last edited by AntonySharmman on Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
martin153

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:53 am    Post subject: date & time doesn't save. Reply with quote

date & time doesn't save.
Korg Pa4x
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
date & time doesn't save.

Change your battery CR2032

Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: