Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem report - NEXT-V3.0.1 ONLY (NO WISH-LISTS!!!!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonM wrote:
If I were you, I'd back up everything and try 3.01. You can always go back if you have problems....
Don, I was thinking the same thing.
The only reason stops me from updating is that I am afraid of the unpredictable rebooting of the keyboard in the middle of a gig, not acceptable.
I would like to have a working stable keyboard even if it has minor bugs that we can gig and live with it, but a major bug like unpredictable Rebooting is risky.
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, if your PA4X is rebooting on it's own, something is wrong. Mine has never done that. I wonder if it could possible be a fluctuating power supply voltage? Probably already checked that though...
pawlikp100

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jac38 wrote:
The robot has happen to me to. I was not even playing, just inside the media files when it rebooted...

Reboot of my korg pa4x Musikant with os 3.0.1 happened to me. I was playing with the style and suddenly my Korg cut off.
First I thought it was temporary lack of energy, but rest of the stuff (lighting, PA system, mixer etc) were working that time.

Really bad experience
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pawlikp100 wrote:
First I thought it was temporary lack of energy, but rest of the stuff (lighting, PA system, mixer etc) were working that time.

It is still possible that power might be the issue - your other equipment may handle power issues differently.
Do you use a UPS?
If you do not have a suitable UPS then it is impossible to confirm that the PA4X actually has a problem.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
Premier:--- Mid 90's Genista
Yamaha:--- DTXtreme IIIs
------------------------------------------------------------------
pawlikp100

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
pawlikp100 wrote:

It is still possible that power might be the issue - your other equipment may handle power issues differently.
Do you use a UPS?
If you do not have a suitable UPS then it is impossible to confirm that the PA4X actually has a problem.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy

I don't use ups at all
What's more I have been using my pa4x for over four years and it hadn't happened
When it happens I started thinking about other users who experienced the same with os 3.x.
kleant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pawlikp100 wrote:
I don't use ups at all
What's more I have been using my pa4x for over four years and it hadn't happened
When it happens I started thinking about other users who experienced the same with os 3.x.

Don't worry the restart issue on OS V3.0.1 has happen to most of us! Has nothing to do with power failure or UPS but its a pure OS v3.0.1 bug/error with lots of other bugs some reported and some not yet reported above.

In a positive note you can save your self some embarrassment in live situation if you switch back to OS 2 or you can carry on with OS 3 which works but have lots of silly bugs/errors (restart/pad synch/etc).

The sooner Korg release update fixes at least for the reported errors/bugs the better for all.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the restart issue on OS V3.0.1 has happen to most of us!

.... a few may be, but not most
Quote:
Has nothing to do with power failure or UPS but its a pure OS v3.0.1 bug/error with lots of other bugs some reported and some not yet reported above.

I don't think you can be so sure that it is not a power problem unless those experiencing it have actually installed and use a UPS to at least eliminate it.
Power issues are a pain with computer gear which invariably reacts very differently to other electrical equipment.
Maybe you are correct but there is no proof.

Also, if you are aware of the QUOTE:"not yet reported" bugs, PLEASE report them here ASAP.

Thanks

Pete Very Happy
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kleant wrote:
pawlikp100 wrote:
I don't use ups at all

Don't worry the restart issue on OS V3.0.1 has happen to most of us! Has nothing to do with power failure or UPS but its a pure OS v3.0.1 bug/error with lots of other bugs some reported and some not yet reported above.

In a positive note you can save your self some embarrassment in live situation if you switch back to OS 2 or you can carry on with OS 3 which works but have lots of silly bugs/errors (restart/pad synch/etc).

The sooner Korg release update fixes at least for the reported errors/bugs the better for all.

+1,
I am waiting impatiently to update but I wont do it until Korg fixes the bugs specially the unpredictable rebooting bug and gives us some options for luminous display .
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sampling Mode Bug

Normally I'm always preparing samples & KMP files externally before importing them in PaSeries according their samples specs.

Recently I tested just from curiosity , to import compatible KMP format from Korg Kronos but with long samples that can't be imported normally in Pa4X.
- As first a window appeared that not enough memory and sample must be truncated in order to be imported and I confirmed it by OK.
- Function could not finish , so the next step was to find out the imported sample.
- No imported sample was found , so I tried to delete "not assigned samples" but no delete function could be completed since the same window of
"not enough memory and sample must be truncated" appeared all the time.
- I exited sample mode , re-entered and the same issue again.
- Then I loaded some other normal KMP files after this failure just for testing.
- I tried to save the existing SET among with other samples and a warning that not all of samples were saved.
- My next step was to restore factory setting.
- After re-loading saved SET , I found that all of samples that were imported after this issue were lost.
- I repeated the same loading procedure of large samples KMP with empty Ram , I got the same warning , but after loading another normal KMP file
I was able to proceed at any delete function.
Note: All samples were un-compressed in normal mode

Published for beta testers to review this OS issue.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa4X 76, Pa3X 76, Montage 7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
PersianKORG

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Sometime in Style Record/Style edit/Copy from style ,execute button will be disabled while press current button then exit to style record main page and write style again
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This topic is now locked.
If you have any issues with 3.0.1, please upgrade to 3.1.0 and report if the problem still exists
Korg will be supporting and working on 3.1.0 now.

Thanks

This topic will remain for Korg's reference if required.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: