Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BUG on OS V.3 Next: NOT ENOUGH MEMORY FOR PCM SAMPLES

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bad_santa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:00 am    Post subject: BUG on OS V.3 Next: NOT ENOUGH MEMORY FOR PCM SAMPLES Reply with quote

Although since the update to V3 we have the possibility to load more samples, we were happy too early.

If I try with enough free space on my PA4X OS V3 Next to load a user sound bank I get the message: "Load sound fails: NOT ENOUGH MEMORY FOR PCM SAMPLES"

If I then load another User Sound Bank without freeing up any additional memory it works.

I thought it was due to the corrupted file, but if I delete the RAM and try to load this bank again, it works. The error message then appears when trying to load another bank.
bad_santa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here I have a video of another user linked, which shows the same problems:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzRedseCd1Y
ebuzer52
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bad_santa wrote:
Here I have a video of another user linked, which shows the same problems:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzRedseCd1Y

i loaded sample up to 16295. after 16295 it said the same warninin. no memory.
bad_santa

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if someone knows, wether it is after NEXT UPDATE v 3.1.0 the available amount of samples still at ca. 16.300 ?

We have 128 places pro bank and 6 Usersounds banks and 3 User DK Banks. If you load for example ca. 80 samples for 1 user sound or DK programm.
So we would need 128*(6+3)*80 = 92.160 samples!

16.300 samples are needed only for 1.5 Bank.

if you need only 40 samles per sound, then would 16.300 samples suffice only for 3 Banks of User Sounds...

It is inpossible to use 3GB Sample Ram with only 16.000 samples Mad
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not good for you.

Could you try V3.1 and see if the issue still remains?

Some undocumented fixes have been done....

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: BUG on OS V.3 Next: NOT ENOUGH MEMORY FOR PCM SAMPLES Reply with quote

bad_santa wrote:
If I try with enough free space on my PA4X OS V3 Next to load a user sound bank I get the message: "Load sound fails: NOT ENOUGH MEMORY FOR PCM SAMPLES"
If I then load another User Sound Bank without freeing up any additional memory it works.

- This message has also an additional info "samples must be truncated" , and happens if you're trying to load samples with bigger size than the allowed by specs.
- Pa3X OS could support a little bigger samples size than Pa4X !
- If you load only drum/percussion loops in Pa4X using time sliced function (or externally edited) , then you can easily run out of 16.256 max samples positions
and preload buffer size of 300Mb rather than samples physical Ram space of 1500Mb.
For instance , a time sliced percussion wav of 4 bars will consume an average of 80 positions of samples , so 16000 slots /80 samples = 200
time sliced sounds maximum for Pa4X sampling interface ... a full waste of such a superior sampler with less than 200Mb samples size !
- 2000 samples of 1Mb size will consume 2Gb of samples Ram space , so the average 16000 samples positions is very decent for sound developing of
a Pro SET of 3GB compressed.
- Also all of you , bear in mind that compression in OS 3 is not exactly 50% of samples size but rather close to 54% in an average SET , so the compression
limit of max samples is actually 2777 Mb.
Time sliced function is an auxiliary interface in a sampler and not meant to be used as primary source for all your samples resources !
IMO , arranger users must use midi events with real percussion / drum samples and not time sliced / naturally played drum samples.

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
mehranmusic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOT ENOUGH MEMORY PROBLEM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: