Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Windows 10 May 2019 Update(version 1903) and Korg Midi
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Synthee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardSync wrote:
Synthee wrote:
Finally the new update is out.
https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/1/285/

Thanks for letting us know. Smile As for the update, for me, it wasn't enough to simply update the driver. I had to completely uninstall all the Korg drivers first, then perform a fresh install to get it to work.

I still cant get Kronos in the MIDI device list so it dont turn up in Cubase either.
Even though I removed all MIDI Devices and made a fresh install?! Shocked

In the KORG USB-MIDI driver I can see Kronos #1 in the Device list, but in the "uninstall utility" its not there?
HardSync
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't use the Korg uninstall utility, Synthee. It doesn't let me scroll to see the devices past MIDI9 for some reason, although I've seen others can do that. So I manually removed my MIDI devices first using the Control Panel, then I used the driver tools Remove function to uninstall everything completely. Rebooted. After that, I reinstalled the driver, plugged in my Korg stuff, installed those through the Korg MIDI device utility, and only then did I finally get it to work. I probably should have just edited the registry to begin with, but I wanted to see how the update would work...
Synthee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardSync wrote:
I couldn't use the Korg uninstall utility, Synthee. It doesn't let me scroll to see the devices past MIDI9 for some reason, although I've seen others can do that. So I manually removed my MIDI devices first using the Control Panel, then I used the driver tools Remove function to uninstall everything completely. Rebooted. After that, I reinstalled the driver, plugged in my Korg stuff, installed those through the Korg MIDI device utility, and only then did I finally get it to work. I probably should have just edited the registry to begin with, but I wanted to see how the update would work...

Thanks HardSync, I tried that now and it still doesent work.
Incredible, all other brands works in the Korg midi driver utility except Korgs own Kronos?! Shocked Laughing

EDIT: I solved it. I had to change Kronos USB to another USB port in my PC. Then it came up on the MIDI utility list. But strangely enough, non of the other four MIDI devices of other brands had that problem?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: