Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KRS -113 – Greatest Hits 80’s NEW COMBIS by Sounds of Planet
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoundsOfPlanet
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:45 pm    Post subject: KRS -113 – Greatest Hits 80’s NEW COMBIS by Sounds of Planet Reply with quote

Hello

I would like to present to you my new sound library KRS -113 – Greatest Hits 80’s, which I have been working on and developing for the last 12 months.
With such competition as we have for Korg Kronos now, you really need to have crazy ideas for new libraries to succeed. I do hope though, that you will like this one from me !Very Happy

This is the first such pack, where to play complete world’s cover, there is no need for ANY external sources, like additional audio or midi files, samples, musical parts played by other instruments or even extra band playing drum, bass, guitar or other instrumental parts. So it means EVERYTHING is played by internal resources of Kronos – using its internal edited patches.

Feel invited to watch and listen to short demos :

Cover :

More information on the following web sites :

http://shop.korg.com/Kronos/KRS-113

www.Soundsofplanet.com

Best Regards,
Sounds of Planet

http://www.soundsofplanet.com/
one Man -one Kronos- and new sounds by Sounds of Planet
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to get to the point where my Kronos can accompany me on my favorite 80s songs, so I purchased your sound pack.

I cannot give a full review of it yet, since it does not sound right auditioning directly from Disk mode. I need to make room first so I can properly load your programs and combis.

I plan on using 17 of the 31 songs. I'm not familiar with the others. My synth 80s nostalgia leans more to New Wave like Thompson Twins, The Fixx, Simple Minds, Howard Jones, etc.

Thanks for all the work you put into this. I'm looking forward to the drum parts and the scenes!
Purgatory

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is way too expensive at $59 for this KRS, I also think the demo videos also show they are not very good most of them and a few done well. Sorry to say a KRS is not worth more than $25 if it is good, EXs stuff depends on the quality of the samples and the programming.

This is constructive criticism as I am a huge fan of your EXs 177 Saxophones and think they are worth every penny and I keep raving about them to anyone that asks for a great Sax sound set as many on here will confirm and on other kronos forums and FB pages.

I also think it was a little silly to not have added it into the %33 sale that is on now too, you probably would have sold more and reality is no KRS to me is worth more than $25 as the samples are already on the kronos or the engines used, there is nothing new added apart from a bit of programming and most of us on here can easily do that and make them sound how they should be.

Sorry mate this one is a hard pass from me, stick to packages like the Saxophone and with new types of instruments that sound better than the onboard or by other developers, your Sax still rules even after KAPRO updated his to mark 2 and a lot cheaper than yours I still think yours wins and worth the extra compared to even KAPRO as we know has some great stuff.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purgatory wrote:

This is constructive criticism as I am a huge fan of your EXs 177 Saxophones and think they are worth every penny and I keep raving about them to anyone that asks for a great Sax sound set as many on here will confirm and on other kronos forums and FB pages.

f.

I am also a big fan of SOP's EXs 177. I much preferred a similar quality approach with trumpets/horns and ensembles.
SoundsOfPlanet
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psionic311 wrote:
I want to get to the point where my Kronos can accompany me on my favorite 80s songs, so I purchased your sound pack.

I cannot give a full review of it yet, since it does not sound right auditioning directly from Disk mode. I need to make room first so I can properly load your programs and combis.

I plan on using 17 of the 31 songs. I'm not familiar with the others. My synth 80s nostalgia leans more to New Wave like Thompson Twins, The Fixx, Simple Minds, Howard Jones, etc.

Thanks for all the work you put into this. I'm looking forward to the drum parts and the scenes!

Hello

Thanks a lot for your purchase. Please remember to make a proper installation and to install additional GE’s included in the sound pack – otherwise the combination will not sound correctly.

Have fun Smile
Cheers

SoP

SoundsOfPlanet
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purgatory wrote:
I think this is way too expensive at $59 for this KRS, I also think the demo videos also show they are not very good most of them and a few done well. Sorry to say a KRS is not worth more than $25 if it is good, EXs stuff depends on the quality of the samples and the programming.

I also think it was a little silly to not have added it into the %33 sale that is on now too, you probably would have sold more and reality is no KRS to me is worth more than $25 as the samples are already on the kronos or the engines used, there is nothing new added apart from a bit of programming and most of us on here can easily do that and make them sound how they should be.

Sorry mate this one is a hard pass from me, stick to packages like the Saxophone and with new types of instruments that sound better than the onboard or by other developers, your Sax still rules even after KAPRO updated his to mark 2 and a lot cheaper than yours I still think yours wins and worth the extra compared to even KAPRO as we know has some great stuff.

Thank you for your nice words regarding the sounds of EXs 177 Saxophones pack. Smile
Now, with regard to my new KRS 113 – believe it or not, but to prepare that sound pack costed me at least the same amount of time as for abovementioned saxophones . In fact, I have started that programming work just after finishing the saxophone job – so it took full 12 months . As I understand, you get your opinion and conclusions just from watching the demo movies ? Well, due to “obvious” reasons, actual songs could not be made / played in exactly ideal way 1:1.
Regarding money – the price for one such combi is around 1,8 $ so you judge it - is that much or not.

Nevertheless I appreciate all opinions – so thank you for your remarks.
Regards
SoP

Mooogie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just purchased this pack and am very impressed by it. I can fully appreciate the time/effort and pain that was put into programming these songs using no more than the existing programs within the Kronos. The GE's (and multiple variations) were presumably generated with the Karma-Lab software, I've read some of the documentation for this software, and it looks to have a learning curve on a par with the Kronos itself!
It is refreshing to have all the parts of a song created, the accompaniments, backing rhythms, drum tracks, bass, etc with many variations using the Karma scene switches. Many commercial sound packs focus on reproducing the lead sounds as closely as possibly for a keyboard player in a band, with lesser consideration on the bass lines, rhythm guitar, drums, etc. But as a one man band, hobby, keyboard enthusiast, having all the parts of a song to mess about with is great! Well done SoP in what you have described as "Karma as Arranger!" I completely get what you are trying to do here, and the effort involved. Hoping you are starting on the 90's, and 00's packs!
SoundsOfPlanet
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mooogie wrote:
I've just purchased this pack and am very impressed by it. I can fully appreciate the time/effort and pain that was put into programming these songs using no more than the existing programs within the Kronos. The GE's (and multiple variations) were presumably generated with the Karma-Lab software, I've read some of the documentation for this software, and it looks to have a learning curve on a par with the Kronos itself!
It is refreshing to have all the parts of a song created, the accompaniments, backing rhythms, drum tracks, bass, etc with many variations using the Karma scene switches. Many commercial sound packs focus on reproducing the lead sounds as closely as possibly for a keyboard player in a band, with lesser consideration on the bass lines, rhythm guitar, drums, etc. But as a one man band, hobby, keyboard enthusiast, having all the parts of a song to mess about with is great! Well done SoP in what you have described as "Karma as Arranger!" I completely get what you are trying to do here, and the effort involved. Hoping you are starting on the 90's, and 00's packs!

Thank you for your opinion and remarks. I think you have perfectly recognized and addressed my intentions when I made this sound pack. As you have mentioned, there are many commercial sound pack of that type, but they mainly provide only lead or keyboard parts, living the rest of song to play by other band players – while the biggest challenge here was to create all song parts, including drums, bass line, guitars, synths, effects, etc. And also, to make this pack more universal and available for all Kronos owners – I restrict myself only to make all those sounds and programming being based on pure factory content of Kronos – so each user, without necessity to buy any additional expansions, samples, etc. could enjoy playing all these great songs. And we all know how different instruments used in the 80ties were sounding (Kronos was not even in plane at that time) – that is why the programming took so long Smile

And yes, it was all possible thanks to Karma created by Stephen Key – so big thanks and tribute to Mr. Key here . BTW, I wonder, if Stephen, when inventing Karma, was predicting such way if using it (I mean as quasi-arranger keyboard ) Smile

Demo songs presented here are just a small example of how real combis sound like – but to fully understand all the possibilities you need to install this complete pack and check all the scenes, tracks, controllers, etc.

And lastly, regarding your question about continuation (the 90's, and 00's packs etc) – well, it all depends on feedback I get, also from you guys here on this forum, and on actual success (or lack of success ) of this pack. General idea was to start with the 80’ties and go on from there, but I do not know how people will approach this type of sound pack.

Regards
Sounds of Planet

StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoundsOfPlanet wrote:
And yes, it was all possible thanks to Karma created by Stephen Key – so big thanks and tribute to Mr. Key here . BTW, I wonder, if Stephen, when inventing Karma, was predicting such way if using it (I mean as quasi-arranger keyboard ) Smile

Thanks! - and yes, I fully intended and appreciate this way of using KARMA. As a matter of fact, if you were to hear my KARMA Motif software (with KARMA version 3) you would see that it goes much farther in that direction than the KARMA version 2 in the Kronos.

narf
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:
SoundsOfPlanet wrote:

Thanks! - and yes, I fully intended and appreciate this way of using KARMA. As a matter of fact, if you were to hear my KARMA Motif software (with KARMA version 3) you would see that it goes much farther in that direction than the KARMA version 2 in the Kronos.

Hi Stephen, would the KARMA software allow me to simply record a pattern and convert that into a KARMA GE? Say a bassline, drum beat and a guitar strumming pattern similar to the traditional arpeggios. Is it straightforward to use and which particular software will do this?

Kronos Ultimate Covers Pack
SoundsOfPlanet
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

Since we are in the middle of summer holidays, I recorded well known theme referring to such vacation mood.
This is a fresh demo from my last pack with combis of the greatest hits of 80s decade.
All what you see was played live on Kronos and of course this is one of 32 combis included in that sound pack.
You can also visit my web site: www.soundsofplanet.com - under COMBINATION tab there is still the sales promotion going on for older combis packs – so if anyone interested, check it out as sales action finishes soon.

Greetings
Sounds of Planet

qqquartzzz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: Disregard... I found it. On the Korg page. MCA..morning coffee awareness wasn't fully integrated.

I can't seem to get to the SOP website via the link. I was wondering if there's a .pdf listing the sounds that are on this pack. I watched the video, but, unfortunately there's only two that I'd really care to own.
Thanks.
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

narf wrote:
Hi Stephen, would the KARMA software allow me to simply record a pattern and convert that into a KARMA GE? Say a bassline, drum beat and a guitar strumming pattern similar to the traditional arpeggios. Is it straightforward to use and which particular software will do this?

Yes, KARMA Kronos Software will allow you to do this. It's probably not as straight-forward as some people would like, but it does work. I believe SoundsOfPlanet has used this feature, among other combi and KARMA developers, and regular users.

SoundsOfPlanet
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

qqquartzzz wrote:
Edit: Disregard... I found it. On the Korg page. MCA..morning coffee awareness wasn't fully integrated.

I can't seem to get to the SOP website via the link. I was wondering if there's a .pdf listing the sounds that are on this pack. I watched the video, but, unfortunately there's only two that I'd really care to own.
Thanks.

Hello

I have checked all the links and on my side they seem to work fine. Maybe there was some temporary internet problem and in given moment you tried it, something went wrong.
I hope that all necessary information you required – you found on my PDF instruction.

Nevertheless, just in case, below I present the list of combis and corresponding famous 80-ties hit covers, which are included in my sound pack KRS -113 - GREATEST HITS 80'S. This will certainly make it more clear what is offered in that sound pack.
Thanks for your interest Smile

000 Don't G..1982----------------Cover: Yazoo - Don't Go
001 Radio Queen 1983 ----------Cover: Queen-Radio Gaga
002 It Must Have Been L..1987--Cover: Roxette - It Must Have Been Love
003 Flash Serive 1982------------Cover: Flash In The Night - Secret Service
004 ZZ Tough Boy 1985----------Cover: ZZ Top- Rough Boy
005 West End Society 1984 ------Cover: Pet Shop Boys - West End Girls
006 J.H-Crockett's 1984----------Cover: Jan Hammer - Crockett's Theme
007 Take On ..1984---------------Cover: A-Ha - Take On Me
008 The Final Count... 1986------Cover: Europe - The Final Countdown
009 The Y It Is 1986--------------Cover: The Way It Is-Bruce Hornsby
010 Needed tonight 1987---------Cover: INXS - Need You Tonight
011 Where is Lily? 1989----------Cover: Candy Dulfer & D.A. Stewart - Lily Was Here
012 Fade to Dark 1980-----------Cover: Visage - Fade To Grey
013 Phil in the Air 1980----------Cover: Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight
014 Heart of Crystal 1980--------Cover: Blondie - Heart Of Glass
015 Beverly Hills PD 1984--------Cover: Axel F - Harold Faltermeyer
016 John Hates The Clock 1988--Cover: Johnny Hates Jazz - Turn Back The Clock
017 Alphaville In Japan 1984-----Cover: Alphaville - Big In Japan
018 Who Wants To Rule The World 1985---------Cover: Tears For Fears -Everybody Wants To Rule The World
019 Beat 1983---------------------Cover: Michael Jackson - Beat It
020 Down Over 1981 -------------Cover: Men At Work - Down Under
021 Every step and breath 1983--Cover: The Police - Every Breath You Take
022 TheCapitanOfHerYacht1985---Cover: Double - The Captain Of Her Heart
023 Enjoy 1989 --------------------Cover: Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence
024 Still looking for …1987--------Cover: U2 -I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
025 Don't You Want..1981---------Cover: The Human League - Don't You Want Me
026 Chopin - my love 1983--------Cover: Gazebo - I like Chopin
027 Maria Sandra Lena 1985------Cover: Sandra- Maria Magdalena
028 M.a.n.i.a.c 1983 --------------Cover: Michael Sembello - Maniac
029 Don't Cry T..1983 -------------Cover: Savage - Don't Cry Tonight
030 Don't reply to me 1984------- Cover: The Alan Parsons Project -
031 JeannyFal 1986----------------Cover: Falco - Jeanny

Greetings
Sounds of Planet

janrhansen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:
Yes, KARMA Kronos Software will allow you to do this. It's probably not as straight-forward as some people would like, but it does work. I believe SoundsOfPlanet has used this feature, among other combi and KARMA developers, and regular users.

As I come from the world of "Arranger" Keyboards and am only starting scratching the surface what the Kronos can do, would love to see an "Intro Instructual Video" from you guys how to import a couple "arranger" midi patterns into Karma .. just a couple basic rhythm patterns like a bas and guitar + drums and how to set the Karma GE to react prefearable on the left side of the keyboard. Smile
I know it can do it with Karma, but I am not overly impressed with the Karma patterns in the factory provided programs and combis, and often the Karma track is getting completely out of sync if you don't hit the right chord very precisely on the beat. Don't know if this is a problem with the karma software or just how the program/combi is programmed. these things is something that arrangers havent suffered from for a couple decades now.

And yes I know Karma isn't an arranger, but its based on the same techniqes of analyzing a chord and then playing something that matches .. just like an arranger.

As a side note, why havn't Korg made it possible to update the Karma software ? Like saying .. we provide you this version, but feel free to buy a version 3 from Stephen and install it "IN" the Kronos, instead of having to drag a PC around ? Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: