Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Restart again with OS 3.1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont undarstand WHY THE Heck, 2.0 is working with the set file but the same set on 3.01 does not!

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
worth wrote:
Did you buy it for what it was or what you thought it might be 4 years through it’s product cycle ?

Very well said , I have mentioned that from the birth of OS v3 Next !
Normally a Pa5X would be the Pa4X successor in 2019 , but instead Korg preferred to save our 3.500 $ and drop on table the new
generation OS with user's samples streaming and make us beta testers of it , with all OS problems that will be addressed soon ,
and later the new successor will be released with almost zero issues and some more features !
IMO , by definition Pa4X official life has been expired under the stable OS v2.2 and all that feel unhappy with Pa4X NEXT OS , can stay
on OS v2.2 until the new successor that will work perfectly , be sure for that !

Therefore Worth , me , a lot of end users plus almost 100 customers of my commercial resources with zero problems with OS Next
installed , we're all feeling grateful with this gift that Korg gave us in advance despite problems and issues that some users still face
and will be corrected soon (if concerns OS code).

I felt that this must be mentioned ...
What extraordinary omission for a customer base to here.... and of course I did not have any expectation of..."what i thought it might be 4 years through it’s product cycle"
I think that is clear... observation and applied logic was used here...

Last edited by D575 on Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:02 am; edited 4 times in total
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t understand yours or anyone’s complaint . If version 2.0 works well and is stable , and you presumably were happy with what you had then , go back to that OS and be content again . It is as simple as that .

Forget you were ever given a free upgrade or whatever you believed you had paid for .

How is that not simple logic ?
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite right Worth... then perhaps korg (according to Anthony) should find another source of beta tester instead of there uninformed customer base who are no better (in this case OS V3) than laboratory rats for there new up-and-coming keyboard and operating system... I believe that beta testing should be done by willing parties and also done behind closed doors...why upset everybody and bring themselves unnecessary bad feeling and bad press by covertly using us the customers to solve their problems if this insight is to be true?? ... if this is KORGS logic??... NOT a wise or pragmatic move or sound business sense at all... "what you say to that Mr Spock".... this is clearly going know where fast... OVER AND OUT FROM ME.

Last edited by D575 on Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:09 pm; edited 4 times in total
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t think Anthony is right but he has a right to his opinion . I think korg tried to do a good thing and provide an even more advanced product than they had already released and I think they are just as surprised and upset that there were undiscovered bugs in the release .

No company deliberately sets out to embarrass itself and harm its reputation by putting out a product knowing it was not ready especially for free .

Where is the win for them ?

But what is even more surprising is the reaction to their good will in providing this upgrade and discovering it is not quite ready and folks being upset that they may be “forced “ to continue to use the keyboard they had bought before until the new OS is ready .

It’s like someone offering you a potentially faster better car without you either asking for it or paying for it when they are not obliged to do so but discovering that sometimes it stalls . So they agree to try and fix it but in the mean time you have to continue to use your existing car that you already own and runs fine until the new one is ready . But instead of being grateful , you stamp your feet and roll on the ground like a baby because you can’t have it now !

Have I stepped into the twilight zone ? What the hell is going on ? have folks lost their rational minds ?
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my point of view :

i already had Pa800 which i bought second hand under 1000 and still was sounding a lot better even than a successor model like pa3x was.

So,when i bought pa4x of course i would expect more than my pa800or pa3x,didn't think for so far after5 years,but i would expect it's sounds to be realistic as tyros5 are ,and that's something that happened when v3 came out,not even 2.2

But most important,when i bought it,i was expecting it to work without freezes....and guess what...it didn't!!!!!
So don't tell me what i was expected from pa4x or not.
It should be working fine out of the box,no matter what...i didn't get it for free

When you bought your Ford,i guess it was working back then,right ?
Just think if when you first bought it,it wouldn't work.....and you would have to wait 2-3years to work with it,not just to take it out for a small ride.....

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:
I dont undarstand WHY THE Heck, 2.0 is working with the set file but the same set on 3.01 does not!

Timur , OS v3 is not a simple update , it's a massive software developing with innovating application of ARM processor to handle user's
samples with streaming technology that normally is used under 2-4 cores modern Intel CPU's like in Kronos , without even SSD space
usage for main samples body , was rather out of our imagination !

5 Gb of factory sounds streaming with constant variables was an easy application in v2 , but in OS v3 , we're talking about thousands
of variables and conditions in user's library resources of 3GB that can't be predicted and skilled programmers with deep knowledge of
how things are working there , could never believe that Korg Italy software developers would ever dare to publish such a function in a
PaSeries model with a motherboard like Pa700/1000 series , without required hardware changes like SSD port support for fast samples
reading and modern fast multi core CPU motherboard !

For the rest faced problems , be patient 'cause as you see , they're willing to fix all OS based issues soon ...

What any other brand would do ? they would had never released such a risky update in an unknown field like users custom resources ,
all others would had released the new successor arranger with required updated hardware and of course the required cost of K $ instead ,
so my +100 points are given to Korg Pa team that provided me 3GB of custom resources support that I needed without paying a single penny ,
for the rest end-users that do not need this , do not ruin your mood , just load back steady OSv2.2 , this is the official steady working
Pa4X you had paid for ...

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="korg1"]In my point of view :

i already had Pa800 which i bought second hand under 1000 and still was sounding a lot better even than a successor model like pa3x was.

So,when i bought pa4x of course i would expect more than my pa800or pa3x,didn't think for so far after5 years,but i would expect it's sounds to be realistic as tyros5 are ,and that's something that happened when v3 came out,not even 2.2

But most important,when i bought it,i was expecting it to work without freezes....and guess what...it didn't!!!!!
So don't tell me what i was expected from pa4x or not.
It should be working fine out of the box,no matter what...i didn't get it for free

When you bought your Ford,i guess it was working back then,right ?
Just think if when you first bought it,it wouldn't work.....and you would have to wait 2-3years to work with it,not just to take it out for a small ride.....[/quote]

Are you trying to tell me when bought the keyboard it was not functioning according to your needs and you held onto it for years and complained and bellyached about it but kept it any way? Why ?

Most people would either return it Or sell it . What is the point in keeping a very expensive instrument as furniture if it doesnt work for your needs ?

My ford is still available for sale my friend and it drives ....just buy it and keep it for three years and there will be an upgrade ....just for you it’s £40000 . It’s a bargain as at least you can use it till the upgrade 👍

Genuinely this sounds insane .

Last edited by worth on Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:52 am; edited 1 time in total
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double post
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing had to do with my needs...the keyboard since ver1 just didn't work fine, and for me, freezes themselves were a big issue already and the main reason the keyboard stayed at home for almost a year.

You just don't sell it if you have already sold your previous car,and if the company promise it will be fixed soon.

Many cars come with problems,which are replaced for free of course with company's cost,nobody sells them at once,cause this way they will lose 50% of it's price.

That's common sense ....for those who have one

P.S Just for the record: with 50.000 you can buy a Mercedes 500 or a Porsche,why the hell someone would buy that crap car of yours?

kleant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried the new update of next os 3.1 and taken the risk and gigged with it for a week. Some task take more time to load especially when loading a set and in generally everything seems more slow than the previous next os releases. Since update I have not yet had a restart or shutdown or a freeze but this does not mean that other users experiencing it are wrong and the problem has definitely been fixed.

I have tested the pad synch and at first everything seems fine but when using multiple pads and switch on and off fast out of synch somehow again they lost the synch. However since the first next os release 3.0and3.01 this problem has been minimised at the most but not yet completely gone at least from my opinion at this early observation of next os update 3.1.

Now I don't blame korg for the restart issues since can be a million reasons on the next OS than can cause it but I'm worried and somehow disappointed about the pad synch at least I think it should not have been a problem in the first place since the first release of the next os and still not completely fixed.

Please keep the problems or bugs whatever you call them reporting and hopefully sometime in the future Korg can identify and fix them. I have mentioned on a post before that all we can do its by reporting any problems and taking a step back by giving misleading advice especially regarding the Next OS.

At the current rate I don't think it's manageable for Korg to release updates every months and hopefully I'm wrong but I think will be a long time since another update will be released so now let's just enjoy the keyboard and try this 3.1 update until a new one comes.
pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time I played my korg pa4x Musikant for over 4 hours (OS version v3.1) without unexpected restart:)
But I found that one styl with Dynamix drums mapped doesn't play all drum sounds.
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="korg1"]Nothing had to do with my needs...the keyboard since ver1 just didn't work fine, and for me, freezes themselves were a big issue already and the main reason the keyboard stayed at home for almost a year.

You just don't sell it if you have already sold your previous car,and if the company promise it will be fixed soon.

Many cars come with problems,which are replaced for free of course with company's cost,nobody sells them at once,cause this way they will lose 50% of it's price.

That's common sense ....for those who have one

P.S Just for the record: with 50.000 you can buy a Mercedes 500 or a Porsche,why the hell someone would buy that crap car of yours?[/quote]

Apparently for the same reason someone bought that crap useless keyboard of yours that got stored away for years because it didn’t work properly .....ok I’ll let you have it for £30000 but I can’t go any lower ....what do you say ???
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the keyboard works fine,what doesn't work fine is it's Os.
I bought pa4x brand new pal.

Ive seen a lot of dumpass ,but you know how to make the difference,welldone Worth !!!!

Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg can only fix the problem if each of you who suffer the big freeze reports it.

To try to replicate the fault Korg will probably need to know precisely what you were playing or what buttons you pressed which lead to the freeze.

To try to help out I have posted the problem on the Facebook PA Groups where I know Korg Staff frequent.

Keeping fingers crossed for an early fix for you 4X owners.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: