Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saving a Seq/song as a .wav or .mp3 file on a USB thumb driv

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
valhalla

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:44 pm    Post subject: Saving a Seq/song as a .wav or .mp3 file on a USB thumb driv Reply with quote

I found a post about this but the procedure they show does not work. The worst part is that I have done this before a few years ago, but I don't remember how I did it... I have some mp3s of my songs too but I think I converted the .wav file to an mp3 on my computer.

I have searched the physical manuals and searched the pdf of the manuals but they are not designed to be very helpful or to find anything you need when you need it... Smile

I loaded a song into the sequencer. I tried every menu and every drop down with in the menus. There is one place where they talk about exporting as a .wav file but no matter what I do when I try this it says no data. All I can do is save the sequence to the CF card as a .sng file using media and the save tab and drop down.

I've tried using the sampler set to media and have it record as the sequence is played. The post I mentioned said that when you get done the .wav file should be on the USB or the CF card. But he forgot to tell us the magic incantation to make this actually work, because there is nothing on any of the media no matter what I do! Do I need the eye of a bat and chicken blood to make this work???

Please if someone knows how to do this please respond to this post.

Thanks!

VH
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can only write the .WAV file to the MEDIA (CF), so a compact flash card is required. But once you've done that, you can copy the file from the CF to USB thumb drive using MEDIA>Utility>Copy.

See the last page from the Triton Extreme FAQ https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/manual/1/215/2328/

With your sequence loaded and selected in the Sequencer mode:
1. Touch the “Sampling” tab at the bottom of the screen
2. Touch the drop-down menu arrow at the top right hand side of the screen
3. Touch “Auto Sampling Setup”
4. Touch the circle next to “2 Ch Mix to Media”
5. Touch “OK”
You’ve just selected a setup that automatically makes all the correct settings to mix down to WAV. Next, you need to perform the mix down by running the song while the Sequence is playing in real-time:
6. Press the Sampling REC button (located furthest right on the top panel of the Extreme)
It will blink for a few seconds. When it’s done blinking, move on to the next step:
7. Press the Sampling START button (located furthest right on the top panel of the Extreme)
8. Press the Sequencer START/STOP button to start the song
Let your song play from start to finish.
9. Press the START/STOP button once the song is finished
The song has been written as WAV to the Media card. The default name is TAKENO0.WAV. Additional passes will show up as ....01.Wav, ....02.Wav, ....03.Wav and so on.

This procedure is also described in the Triton Extreme Operation Guide pp. 87-88.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: