Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What do you use for drum programs?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psionic311 wrote:

If I load a KSC, this is true, it will ask first if you want to Clear or Append. But if I load a raw .wav, like my drum samples,
it just loads them automatically without any prompt.

That's correct , I'm always loading ready stereo paired multisamples in Kronos in my sound development mostly externally created
and never single samples , so I had missed that fact after 10 years ...
I think you'd seriously consider of using an arranger as a remote controller , DK/WS/Karma are very limited compared to the cheapest
KorgPa arranger for this purpose.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antony, I noticed in my Preload_V2.KSC, that the folders EXs8 and EXs9 contain all the drum samples that are in the Drum Kits.

However, the Copy or Rename functions are not available... they are grayed out. I wonder if it would be possible to FTP into these folders to copy, paste, and rename them (with .kmp or .ksf)?

If this is possible, then I imagine they could then be imported into Sampling mode and made into various KSCs?
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In K2 SSD there is a Factory folder where you can find standalone EXs8 & 9 KSC , preload both and explore all existing DK waveforms
in an initial Drum kit and then decide of what extra custom samples you need.
I don't understand the meaning of copying or renaming Rom waveform of Kronos ! You don't have direct access of factory samples ,
you can just use of what to like and process them via SOUND or Drum Kit editor.

For example , WavesArt EXs http://wavesart.eu/KronosEXs/Studio%20Drums.html , is made by a natural Studio Drumkit , in Dry & Ambient
recordings , I created 2 Drum Kits (also made in SOUND mode) and users that are not covered by factory DKs are creating their own MID files
externally , then import them into Kronos and then events are played by those 2 DKs using Karma automation.

IMO , WS is not the solution for Drums Rhythm section , as I said before , arranger is the ideal application .

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping that making copies of the factory Drum Samples would make them available as Multisamples to be used in Wave Sequencing.

With wave sequencing I can create multiple rhythms, with multiple time signatures, and fade them or mute them at will. Further, I can use WS AMS Out to modulate the filter in real time for fantastic programmed effects to match the drum rhythm or wave sequence.

Using wave sequencing for HD1 programs and step sequencing for EXI programs in a Combi offers a lot of direct control. KARMA is nice for pseudo random automation too, but cannot be used to program specific riffs and rhythms.

I have enough keyboards now, I have no intention of buying an arranger. If I decide to expand musically beyond the Kronos and my other hardware, I will likely just use iPad apps.

For now, I like the challenge of squeezing the most out of the Kronos, as a do-it-all workstation! Cool
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see that you're a skilled user , yes I agree in this kind of WS treatment but also explore converting sequencer groove to user drum groove
via "Pattern/RPPR" , this will provide you multiple time signatures as well and you always have the ability of using program change via events.
You always have the option to re-sample factory useful Rom samples if necessary , so good luck in your creations.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: