Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg pa4x ver 3.1 MS problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rebwar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:54 pm    Post subject: Korg pa4x ver 3.1 MS problem Reply with quote

Hi everyone, i have Korg pa4x oriental with the newest version 3,1, my question is how much is the MS places is available for maximum in the version 3 next, i have my sets is just 429 mb but my ms is full already .
Best regard
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure your PA4X user samples are empty first. You will possibly run out of space if you are selectively loading SOUNDs with samples as they will be "added" to whatever is currently loaded.

Loading a complete SET should do this but if you are unsure you can always delete all samples and multisample in SAMPLE record mode first.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Rebwar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, i mean that the set is working without problem, and im making the factory reset befor i install this set, but when i want to add more sound after that i geet the massege that the ms is full, idont anderstand!! We have 1.5 gb off pcm ram and us i said my set is just 459mb...
Thankx
Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check how many loops you have loaded. And how many samples per multisample. 459mb divided by the max multisample count translates into poor sampling usage. Its time to build drum kits out of the samples that you really need and actually program it.

P.S. its much faster if you use a DAW to do it
Rebwar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much is the maximum multisample (PCM ) in ver 3.1?
I have to build a new set and avoid have many sample in it, but by the way i think this is a bug in the version, if they say we have 1.5 gb equevalant 3 gb compress of pcm ram! so we cant use all off these space off ram for sound samples! so for what we should use all this ram ????
Best regard
Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not sure but i think the max multisample count is the same as the max sample count which is about 15k samples. I have about 500 sounds and 40 kits loaded right now using just over 1.2gb and around 9200 samples and not a single drum,percussion, or Melody loop.

If 459mb is hitting the max sample count i have no doubt it's from using too many time sliced loops. I have yet to find a single loop that i cant replicate using proper sampling or even factory sounds and filtering.

Side chaining, pitching, bandpass filtering, sweeping bandpasses, LFO synced risers, stuttering synths, properly mixed arabic/african percussion, tape stop effects, etc... These are all things that dont even require any sampling to do on the keyboard
Rebwar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it is true, I have many sliced loops, but how to convert them into kits? then the question is what is the difference between regular sample and these sliced loops that makes sample memory full?
if we cannot use sample pcm for any type of sample, that is still something going wrong in OS...!
sorry about my english.
Best regard
Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

every loop becomes 1 (if it is mono) or 2 (if it is stereo) multisamples. those multisamples have all the slices needed to play it as seperate samples. 1 stereo loop of 50 slices is 100 samples (50 left + 50 right). lets compare that to a typical multisample for a regular sound.

4 octaves sampled in major 3rds would be 12 samples per multisample
4 octaves of minor 3rds would be 16 samples per multisample.
4 octaves of wholetones would be 24 samples.

common things that loops are used for that most of the time there is no need for a loops are:

pitched snare fills- all you need is one sample of each snare at its original pitch before the pitch curve and then you can set the pitch bend range to +12 in mixer tuning

percussion- with 2-4 samples for each percussion instrument added into any drum kit you can reprogram the same loops without having dozens of copies of each sample.

bandpass filtered drums/sweeps/risers/side chained sweeps- have a look at the filter page in sound mode and use control channels 71,72,73,74,75,76,77, and 78 which are:

71-resonance
72-release time
73-attack time
74-cutoff frequency/brilliance/brightness
75-decay time
76-LFO1 speed
77-LFO1 depth
78-LFO1 initial delay

adding a sample into a drum kit-

1. go to sound mode

2. choose the kit you want to put it in

3. press menu-Drumkit

4. press the key you want it to be assigned to and make sure the layer count on top in the center is correct

5. middle left of the screen it says ROM or RAM and a number below it with an associated sample. factory samples will be listed in ROM and user samples will be RAM

6. find the sample you want to assign by choosing ROM/RAM and the number or using the search button and searching by the sample name

7. adjust the 4 sound controls underneath the sample name, EQ from the EQ tab on bottom, FX send levels and panning from the Voice Mixer tab.

8. press the little arrow on the top right and Write Sound to an empty slot
ebuzer52
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

because the max count is 15.000 and although your set is still 460 mb, you reached the max sample limit. this is bad speciality of Korg. so you must delete some samples or wave sounds from kits that you dont need or use. i did it, it took times but now 1.2 gb set on my 4x and 14970 samples.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebwar wrote:
How much is the maximum multisample (PCM ) in ver 3.1?
I have to build a new set and avoid have many sample in it, but by the way i think this is a bug in the version, if they say we have 1.5 gb
equevalant 3 gb compress of pcm ram! so we cant use all off these space off ram for sound samples! so for what we should use all this ram ????
Best regard

Read this post for all your questions http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=771470#771470

FYI : A mono time sliced audio file can create over 100 samples or 200 in stereo format (2 MS) and you can easily run out of 16.000 samples
max positions but the most important is that with over 150 of those time sliced waveforms you will waste the valuable buffer samples size of 300 Mb
max , all of you that you have doubts about your set current condition , have a look of page SOUND/Record/info and see your limits ...

Also no International Pa4X editions , use extra "Ram" space for localized resources that you don't have the access , and maybe OS v3.1 could vary
summary resources capability under streaming , that I've not explored since I do not support non international versions in my resources bundles.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Rebwar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the replay, but I would move the sliced loop to the kit but it doesn't go, i did Aripearlmusic explanation step by step until I get to the RAM part then I can't select them sliced loop , i have to choos just the ones that are kit audio already, wich meen on kitdrums i can not choos sound sample or sliced loop, just will be the sample kits.
by the way my sets is encypted if it make sence!
Best regard
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebwar wrote:
by the way my sets is encypted if it make sence !

Of course this makes a lot of sence ... you can't edit encrypted PCM library !
You can use MS , but I don't know the accessibility degree of Samples there especially if grayed out.

On the other hand you should not use those bad samples (hit events per time) without natural duration in DK editor !
You need real samples of Drums and percussion to do that , not garbage time sliced samples ...

Some tips concerning misunderstood DK editor
- You can't import Time sliced MS or any MS in DK editor , only Samples.
- You can't import an existing sample in DK editor if it was not saved as "drumkit element"
- Importing an existing mono sample in DK editor , it will have the 50% volume compared to a stereo sample , so you have to create it
from scratch externally in stereo wav format , import it in PaSeries and then save it as DK element , only this way you can select a
stereo drum element in DK editor.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Rebwar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, this is some kind of complicated for me as i'm a new user of korg, but i have to continue trying ..
by the way is theres any way to decrypt these MS?
Best regard
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebwar wrote:
by the way is theres any way to decrypt these MS?

Nope ... contact with your provider and ask him !
Useless action though , since it seems that you don't have the required knowledge at your learning curve state
to use them yet in the proper way !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: