Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UI Sizes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robojam

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:26 pm    Post subject: UI Sizes Reply with quote

Am I missing something, or is there no way to resize the UI on Korg Collection synths?

I just bought them and realized that I can barely see anything on parts of the UI on my 2018 MacBook Pro (I assume anyone with a recent Windows machine will have the same problem).

What am I missing?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been been discussed previously. As you have found, the UI is not itself resizable, and was developed at a time when screen resolutions were lower. In Windows it is possible to alter the screen "magnification" to make the UI more visible, but that also increases the size of other screen elementss e.g. shortcuts. I've not played with the Mac interface recently, but Unix flavours like Ubuntu allow screen magnification to be changed. The Mac has zoom mode to do that, which can be set to a box area around the cursor or to the whole screen. It's not ideal, but. An alternative might be to attach a screen having a relatively lower resolution and dragging the UI to that.

robojam

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They sound great, but they are in dire need of an overhaul.

I bought them for the Odyssey, and figured I would get the others at the same time, but they seem to have not been worked on for a long time.

In addition to the less than ideal UIs, looks like everything other than the Odyssey still has 32-bit components, so will fail if I try to update to Catalina in the fall.
pranaearth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The support person I talked to about the UI issue said they would pass that along to the dev team. However with Korg still undecided about updating the stand alone apps to 64 bit, I feel like the UI issue will not be addressed. I really hope to be proven wrong
robojam

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pranaearth wrote:
The support person I talked to about the UI issue said they would pass that along to the dev team. However with Korg still undecided about updating the stand alone apps to 64 bit, I feel like the UI issue will not be addressed. I really hope to be proven wrong

That just sounds like a typical bullshit support answer - noncommittal and giving hope without explicitly promising anything.

I really wish Korg would just give us a clear answer one way or the other.
pranaearth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were equally noncommittal about whether or not they’re going to update the standalone apps to 64 bit.
robojam

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything in the way of communication would be good.

It just really puzzles me why Korg can't just figure out what their strategy is going to be and let their support people know.

Is it that hard to review customer questions and provide a standard answer that is something other than platitudes?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: