Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gettin music created on Korg Triton Extreme 2 computer-midi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Razorhoney

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject: Gettin music created on Korg Triton Extreme 2 computer-midi Reply with quote

I have a Korg Triton Extreme keyboard and have made a lot of beats on the keyboard using the sounds within the keyboard. What I would like to do is hook the keyboard up to a computer via MIDI cables and get the beats with the original keyboard sounds onto the recording software DAW to edit them and track out the beat. I would like the sounds to come up onto the computer as midi files (so its easier to construct the beat and a lot less work than doing it the audio/live way) of some sort and not have to record the beat the audio (live) route.. I want the sounds on the computer to be the same original sounds that are on the keyboard that I used to make the beat. To do this do I need to get a midi interface like the midisport 2x2 or will a midi to usb cable work the same?? Anybody know of the method and equipment/programs needed to make this happen?? Please let me know whatever you can to help make this scenario possible. Thank you.
learn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of water under the bridge but how did it work out in thr end? Im in a similar situation but win10 and midi sport dont seem to get on!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the MIDI part, at least, it's worth putting the MIDI Sport aside for a moment, and installing the latest Korg MIDI driver software, followed by connecting the Triton Extreme USB B port to the Win10 PC USB port. It should be possible for your DAW software to now "see" the Triton Extreme as a MIDI device in the MIDI settings window. As a suggestion, always use the same USB port on the computer for this, else using other USB ports results in multiple MIDI driver instances being installed, and Windows only has 10 available MIDI "slots", and these are soon used up without a bit of port discipline. The M-Audio drivers will already have used up some of these "slots".

For the audio, try connecting the TE's audio outs to the PC's sound card Line In port(s), and picking up that audio in the DAW settings.

Korg MIDI drivers can be downloaded here:

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/1/285/

learn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very useful.. Thanks!
learn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ps VOIP, if in combi mode how would I go about recording actual midi arp note data as opposed to simply recording the long notes?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: