Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yamaha Synth release event
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

afr wrote:
Just update my montage, my focus was on the new Pattern feature

One word: NIGHTMARE

talking about sequencer on board my old Kronos is far better and more complete

Dear Korg pls in case you are ready to release something new, don't change the philosophy of your sequencer, keep improving but not drastic change

Thx

Is it really that bad?

Of all the workstations I had I always have found KORG's sequencer (also the one in KRONOS) to be the most intuitive and easiest to work with.
It follows the familiar linear recording principle, also allowing you to create patterns if needed.
All KORG would have to do to make this sequencer even better is to add a piano roll window (and larger touch screen).
On top of that KORG could create something akin to Roland's sequencer where selected patterns can be arranged in a song format, thus creating a very intuitive workflow from linear recording to making arrangements with the aid of patterns.

I don't understand to need on Roland and Yamaha's side to force people to work in a limited pattern mode.
In favor of Yamaha their new sequencer for the Montage/MODX does not have the 32 bar limit which the Fantom has (in addition to only two time signatures).
afr

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan1 wrote:
afr wrote:

Dear Korg pls in case you are ready to release something new, don't change the philosophy of your sequencer, keep improving but not drastic change

Thx

Is it really that bad?

Of all the workstations I had I always have found KORG's sequencer (also the one in KRONOS) to be the most intuitive and easiest to work with.
It follows the familiar linear recording principle, also allowing you to create patterns if needed.
All KORG would have to do to make this sequencer even better is to add a piano roll window (and larger touch screen).
On top of that KORG could create something akin to Roland's sequencer where selected patterns can be arranged in a song format, thus creating a very intuitive workflow from linear recording to making arrangements with the aid of patterns.

I don't understand to need on Roland and Yamaha's side to force people to work in a limited pattern mode.
In favor of Yamaha their new sequencer for the Montage/MODX does not have the 32 bar limit which the Fantom has (in addition to only two time signatures).

I have to admit that I used Korg sequencer since the 01/W and than trinity, m3 and now Kronos

But the easy logic of Korg allows me to do everything I want without problems and I never used the user manual

The pattern logic for Korg is so easy, and the event editor help me to insert CC inside patterns so I can make a lot of changes inside the Track using different patterns

On montage, no events editor is available, pattern has a different meaning, is more like a song and the smaller unit is the scene (maximum Cool each scene can have 16tracks

What I dislike about montage is that without editing is like to have no control about what I do

The solution is to save the project as .mid and then load it in cubase or any DAW

May be everything is too new but my experience so far is not very positive

I hope yamaha will improve a little bit
afr

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan1 wrote:
afr wrote:

Thx

Is it really that bad?

I have to admit that I used Korg sequencer since the 01/W and than trinity, m3 and now Kronos

But the easy logic of Korg allows me to do everything I want without problems and I never used the user manual

The pattern logic for Korg is so easy, and the event editor help me to insert CC inside patterns so I can make a lot of changes inside the Track using different patterns

On montage, no events editor is available, pattern has a different meaning, is more like a song and the smaller unit is the scene (maximum Cool each scene can have 16tracks

What I dislike about montage is that without editing is like to have no control about what I do

The solution is to save the project as .mid and then load it in cubase or any DAW

May be everything is too new but my experience so far is not very positive

I hope yamaha will improve a little bit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: