Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

O.S. 3.2???
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robthemuso

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:53 pm    Post subject: O.S. 3.2??? Reply with quote

Any news of the next O. S. update or even the next set of styles.?
pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope
But Genis users are happy because Yamaha has announced the next OS version for Yamaha Geno's V 2.0
Who knows maybe above will motivate Korg to present something new.
korgpask

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many problems and no fixes ..
no repairs. no communication.
Waiting for a new model ???. Great competition pressure
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As always, Korg will let us know when they're ready to release something....
Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
bensel46

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

korgpask wrote:
Many problems and no fixes ..
no repairs. no communication.
Waiting for a new model ???. Great competition pressure

I'm getting tired of all your negative whining. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

https://www.youtube.com/user/bensel46/videos
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stil some bugs, I hope Korg can figure out this things and makes a better OS
New KB? , yes i think it,s coming soon.

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
New KB? , yes i think it,s coming soon.

Ιn my opinion Korg should be very careful when releasing a new model on the market from now on.
I don't think customers will accept again to wait for 4years till all bugs go away,they will probably chose a Yamaha product instead,and i am one of them.

At least Korg could provide us some prototypes so we find the bugs sooner for them .

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
pa4x_user

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Korg1,

Quote:
I don't think customers will accept again to wait for 4years till all bugs go away

Is that really correct? My recall is that the OS version prior to NEXT was stable, but NEXT was a ‘gift’ of substantive new features which the majority of users have been pretty happy with.

Just asking?

Phil
Songbook+ app for iPad
Cubase12 Pro DAW software
Dorico Elements 4.2 scoring software
Band-in-a-Box 2022
Yamaha CVP-309GP
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stable was only V.2.2 which i was waiting over a year and a half...
So,from now on Korg will call ''a gift'' all their Os' updates?that's bad...

worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never understand these kind of posts . When any sensible person purchases a very expensive piece of equipment you would reasonably expect that they would have read up about it read user reviews about it , tested and played with it and if they’re not satisfied once they have it, then they should return it back to the shop they bought it from and find something else that they would much prefer.

If you’re operating system is not doing for you what she believed it or two already promised to, then send it back. But anyone that has kept their keyboard after purchase after discovering it did not meet their needs, I have no sympathy for them.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

worth wrote:
I never understand these kind of posts . When any sensible person purchases a very expensive piece of equipment you would reasonably expect that they would have read up about it read user reviews about it , tested and played with it and if they’re not satisfied once they have it, then they should return it back to the shop they bought it from and find something else that they would much prefer.

If you’re operating system is not doing for you what she believed it or two already promised to, then send it back. But anyone that has kept their keyboard after purchase after discovering it did not meet their needs, I have no sympathy for them.

Well put.

Users rush into updating their OS without researching its stability and what bugs are incorporated within.

It is not Rocket science to:-

Download the updates and keep them on your Computer but do not install them immediately

Let others find the bugs

Wait until the next update is released and see what bug fixes it is supposed to fix

Update only when as sure as you can be that you will have a manageable system.

Do not update if you have a gig pending unless you have a contingency

Not forgetting to Backup and perform a SaveAll before updating.

Finally which far to many people with bugs fail to do, they would rather whinge here, if you have a Bug Report It to Korg.

A 1000 users reporting the same bug is far more likely to get action rather than a moan in a Forum not managed by Korg.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Many problems.. no fixes .. no repairs. no communication Reply with quote

worth wrote:
I never understand these kind of posts . When any sensible person purchases a very expensive piece ... I have no sympathy for them.

To have sympathie or to have not - that's why it was not asked - but it is understandable if someone - also sensible persons - publishes their anger about known bugs and inadequacies that are not resolved.

Also do not think all that has kept their keyboard after purchase because did not discover or ignore shortcomings of OS and features - and maybe are sensible persons therefore.

It is not easy to find shortcomings of such complex instruments like Pa-Keyboards. That is not done with reading (some advertisings or manuals) about and testing some minutes or hours in a music shop. That's a lengthy process.

Of course it is disappointing to discover inadequacies, so it is quite understandable to publish this disappointment here in the forum as well - also for the protection of some people, to beware of mistakes of delayed discovering inadequacies.

Whereas someone is getting tired of "negative whining", also the same is with getting tired of positive Songs of "praise and hallelujah", where there really is no reason for this, as long as known bugs and inadequacies are not resolved.

What you need the least here are intelligent directives to return a defective product, if one decide to complain about it and hope it will be improved with an OS update.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only mistake Korg made was using the word "Bug" that became an excuse for people to blame the system they dont understand instead of actually learning how to use it. The 4x had less bugs than any other Korg Pa model ive ever used. The 3x was a nightmare to program because of how slow it was and how horrible the touch screen is. The 4x is by far my favorite arranger I've ever tried.
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, i would like to say that :
-user reviews of first weeks or month or so of use,can't really say much about the equipment and/or bugs or other component failures.
-Not everyone can have access to a new product in order to play or try it.
-NOT everywhere are available new products to test.Therefore you trust the flagship of the company.
-Even if you try it all day,even all week,you can't be sure if it has bugs or not.
-For me,when i first got it,it was enough just the freeze problem,so i put it aside and used the old pa800 till an Os update would eliminate the problem,or i believed so.
Cause it stayed home almost a year before version 2 comes out,and finally the stable verse2.2

- i wouldn't mind to send it back even after a year without the proper update,but they don't accept it,trust me.

- the keyboard does meet my needs,as long as it has a stable Os...it's not the keyboard that doesn't work,it's an Os problem.
-Since you have no sympathy for people like me,you can stop posting or even reading what i am writing.
- i always try to help the community and Korg with every bug i find for pa4x,not because i am better than anyone,but because i work 7days per week with that keyboard on stage ,7days per week on studio ,and i ve seen a lot sort of weird things,and i am sure there are many that i haven't seen yet.
So,next time you ask for any kind of help Mr.Worth ,we will remind you this post,but don't expect much from me,just to be clear!!!!!

Last, i don't believe leaving the problems for others to solve them,is a solution.
We have to follow the next updates in order to fix bugs sooner,
as Korg also has to provide a stable Os even with less extras.

Till now i found bugs and solutions for all Pa4x's Os updates so far,most of them reported directly to Korg,while some others spread accross the forum.
Mr.Worth,now it's time for you to show us what you worth of or not!!!!!

siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Many problems.. no fixes .. no repairs. no communication Reply with quote

Hello,
maybe the mistake people made is the use of the word "bug" in the case if it is not a real bug in OS, but unpleasant inadequacy or reduced functionality.

If some features no longer exists or no longer are as feasible as previous product versions, or if there are functions unsuitable for certain habits playing the instrument as usual - also if it is no "bug" in system that is disappointing and entitled to be published.

But should not became an excuse for people who are satisfied with the functionality, to subordinate a lack of understanding of the system or a lack of willingness to learn, if some features still are are entitled to be criticized and to be considered in an OS update (also if not managed directly by Korg here it is no whining or moaning but worth to be mentioned in forum for Korg members).

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: