Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

O.S. 3.2???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

listen the keyboard is 4 years old !!! It has had multiple operating system upgrades that made the instrument better than the day it was first manufactured .

If you are still waiting for the specific bug fixes on this board that you have discovered but have not been addressed after 4 years after it was made then good luck with that .

If you can’t find a keyboard more to your liking then guess what ? You are stuck with what you have !!!

If you can’t try before you buy then guess what ? Your stuck with what you have!!!

At some point you are going to either get rid of the board and buy something you prefer or realise you are stuck with what you have !!!

There is a thread for OS bugs . It is there for a specific purpose so what the hell is the purpose of this additional post ???

Your not asking for help , your not stating what specific difficulty you’re experiencing that is preventing you from using the board . Your just belly aching like a child !!

Noone here can tell you if there will be another OS as none of us work for korg and if we did , we still couldn’t tell so what the hell is the purpose of this post ?
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So,maybe you are not listening,nor reading!!!!!

-no one said if its better or worst since 4 years ago.
-the specific bugs didn't exist on previous Os. Most serius bugs exist on v3 than v.2
- v1 's biggest bug was the freezing problem,while
v2.2was the most stable.
V3 had new bugs that didn't exist before.Biggest bug even now is the restart issue
V3.1 has still some bugs,restart issue is one of them and has to do with songbook.

korg's usb drivers are outdated most of the time
Osv3.1 has also bugs with midi connections and use.

i won't even bother comment about samples's issue.

As you can see,some problems might happen even after you buy an equipment.
As you can see,the less you use the equipment,the less you know about it,and the less problems you have,or even no problems at all if you use it occasionally,or you might never know about them even if they are under your nose.

Of course we are all stuck with what we have,at least we are not morons like you my friend,give us a break and just think why nobody ever complained about YAMAHA's Os on keyboards.

We all know that nowdays,everything that works with an Os has bugs.
That's fine,but when something costs over 3000,at least it should be working at basics,and basics in our case here are : NO RESTART,NO FREEZE,NO LATENCY.
If they work fine i can live with any other bug exists.

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WORTH TAKE NOTE... Quote:

Constructive criticism

Constructive criticism is the process of offering valid and well-reasoned opinions about the work of others, usually involving both positive and negative comments, in a friendly manner rather than an oppositional one. In collaborative work, this kind of criticism is often a valuable tool in raising and maintaining performance standards. Because of the overuse of negative, nagging criticism, some people become defensive even when receiving constructive criticism given in a spirit of good will. Constructive criticism is more likely to be accepted if the criticism is focused on the recipient's work or behavior. That is, personality issues must be avoided as much as is possible. Critical thinking can help identify relevant issues to focus on. Especially sensitive individuals may adopt a passive, defeated attitude if they view a situation as personal, pervasive, or permanent. Others may adopt an aggressive response. In an online forum lacking face-to-face contact, constructive criticism can be easily misinterpreted and online exchanges often spiral out of control, becoming flamewars. Effective interpersonal communication skills can be helpful to assess the recipient's frame of mind. During initial exchanges or when encountering defensive individuals, effective criticism calls for softer language and inclusion of positive comments. When the recipient strongly identifies with contentious areas, non-offensive criticism becomes challenging
Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also program and sample my keyboard for 12-15 hours a day and have yet to have it crash or restart even once in the last 2 years. It works exactly as it should and i use over 13000 samples and 100% custom styles and make my own pads as well. 95% of the issues ive seen from well known programmers are from sets with improperly cut samples, styles from the 1x and 800 with drum patterns recorded from drum machines without proper filters and including 1-128 values instead of 0-127, sounds from the 1X that have not been converted, control changes mapped to nothing, corrupted audio loops, sounds with corrupted multisamples on the low velocity layer of the oscillators that have been there since the 1X days that are set for a velocity switch at 1 but mixed like they think it's another oscillator layer, locked samples that they had no idea as to the source, and many other things that they should have known better... Those things didnt create noticable issues in the 3x system but since the 4x runs a new OS and outputs 24bit it now became noticeable. Issues caused by old software created by ignorant programmers and samplers is not the fault of the company nor the keyboard's firmware. Should i expect software from Windows 3.1 to run smoothly in Windows 10 directly from the floppy and when it doesn't should I even expect Microsoft technicians not to laugh when i call to complain? Its the same thing
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="korg1"]So,maybe you are not listening,nor reading!!!!!

-no one said if its better or worst since 4 years ago.
-the specific bugs didn't exist on previous Os. Most serius bugs exist on v3 than v.2
- v1 's biggest bug was the freezing problem,while
v2.2was the most stable.
V3 had new bugs that didn't exist before.Biggest bug even now is the restart issue
V3.1 has still some bugs,restart issue is one of them and has to do with songbook.

korg's usb drivers are outdated most of the time
Osv3.1 has also bugs with midi connections and use.

i won't even bother comment about samples's issue.

As you can see,some problems might happen even after you buy an equipment.
As you can see,the less you use the equipment,the less you know about it,and the less problems you have,or even no problems at all if you use it occasionally,or you might never know about them even if they are under your nose.

Of course we are all stuck with what we have,at least we are not morons like you my friend,give us a break and just think why nobody ever complained about YAMAHA's Os on keyboards.

We all know that nowdays,everything that works with an Os has bugs.
That's fine,but when something costs over 3000,at least it should be working at basics,and basics in our case here are : NO RESTART,NO FREEZE,NO LATENCY.
If they work fine i can live with any other bug exists.[/quote]

There is a thread specifically set up so the people who are having difficulty with the board because ,for example,flaws in the operating system or physical problems with the board what are the technical malfunctions or user error, can flag these to the manufacturer if they so choose to review this form. And if they see it as a problem that is consistent and experienced by most users of the instrument, can then decide whether or not to put further resources to resolving the problem.

Therefore I do not understand this repeated type of posting from yourself about when the new operating system will be available and when this problem or that problem will be fixed literally makes no sense .

No one here works for Korg !

You already are aware that you can complain directly to the manufacturer, you can raise your concerns on the relevant threads on this form, and so on. So what is the purpose of a post like this ?

And how do you think a post like this furthers your purpose?

Last edited by worth on Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double post

Last edited by worth on Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="D575"]WORTH TAKE NOTE... Quote:

Constructive criticism

Constructive criticism is the process of offering valid and well-reasoned opinions about the work of others, usually involving both positive and negative comments, in a friendly manner rather than an oppositional one. In collaborative work, this kind of criticism is often a valuable tool in raising and maintaining performance standards. Because of the overuse of negative, nagging criticism, some people become defensive even when receiving constructive criticism given in a spirit of good will. Constructive criticism is more likely to be accepted if the criticism is focused on the recipient's work or behavior. That is, personality issues must be avoided as much as is possible. Critical thinking can help identify relevant issues to focus on. Especially sensitive individuals may adopt a passive, defeated attitude if they view a situation as personal, pervasive, or permanent. Others may adopt an aggressive response. In an online forum lacking face-to-face contact, constructive criticism can be easily misinterpreted and online exchanges often spiral out of control, becoming flamewars. Effective interpersonal communication skills can be helpful to assess the recipient's frame of mind. During initial exchanges or when encountering defensive individuals, effective criticism calls for softer language and inclusion of positive comments. When the recipient strongly identifies with contentious areas, non-offensive criticism becomes challenging[/quote]

D575 noted .

Please take note . I am not at school anymore and folks s can take me or leave me . I am cool either way .
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double post
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worth, you keep being the same as always....
First,this post is not mine, i just made a comment about Korg,that as a company should be careful when a new flagship is on.

Second,i solved the restart problem by myself,and i also send a message to Korg explaining how i did it,so no one works for me but myself!

Third,still there are bugs in Os,which you might never know

Fourth,give us a break man....that's enough!!!!

Aripearlmusic, it has nothing to do with styles and samples,since it also happened with only factory recources.
Causes are : Songbook and usb connection .
when somebody has a restart issue in live gigs, it's because of songbook.
On earlier Os,there was no problem with entries under same name but different extension(for example : HUMAN.sty , HUMAN.mid, HUMAN.MP3).
Now,even if used uppers/lower for naming entries might cause problem (for example: HUMAN.sty ,Human.sty )

They even might share the same id,and this is a problem too,and it happens randomly.
The more entries you have like this,the more danger for a restart!

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

worth wrote:
D575 wrote:
WORTH TAKE NOTE... Quote:

Constructive criticism

Constructive criticism is the process of offering valid and well-reasoned opinions about the work of others, usually involving both positive and negative comments, in a friendly manner rather than an oppositional one. In collaborative work, this kind of criticism is often a valuable tool in raising and maintaining performance standards. Because of the overuse of negative, nagging criticism, some people become defensive even when receiving constructive criticism given in a spirit of good will. Constructive criticism is more likely to be accepted if the criticism is focused on the recipient's work or behavior. That is, personality issues must be avoided as much as is possible. Critical thinking can help identify relevant issues to focus on. Especially sensitive individuals may adopt a passive, defeated attitude if they view a situation as personal, pervasive, or permanent. Others may adopt an aggressive response. In an online forum lacking face-to-face contact, constructive criticism can be easily misinterpreted and online exchanges often spiral out of control, becoming flamewars. Effective interpersonal communication skills can be helpful to assess the recipient's frame of mind. During initial exchanges or when encountering defensive individuals, effective criticism calls for softer language and inclusion of positive comments. When the recipient strongly identifies with contentious areas, non-offensive criticism becomes challenging

D575 noted .

Please take note . I am not at school anymore and folks s can take me or leave me . I am cool either way .
Thus Endeth The Lesson.... I rest my case your honour.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject: criticism Reply with quote

Hello,
to use the argument "keyboard is 4 years old" while waiting four years for finally to fix specific bugs and shortcomings - that is shame and it is understandable if criticized.

To claim that with user errors or technical malfunctions not even Korg does that - unfortunately this obviously only happens here for no apparent reason.

Also if one do not understand repeated types of critical postings this forum retains its nature to exchange and archive thoughts, opinions and experiences - and that is independent of complaining shortcomings directly to the manufacturer in parallel / separately.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg1

You will notice that in my first post on this thread , I never addressed you or your post directly . I said I did not understand these kinds of post on the forum . But you took it upon yourself to address me directly .

You are right you didn’t start this thread but you responded to me directly. So I guess I must have struck a nerve .

I am glad you have resolved some of the issues you had with the instrument . maybe you will find some joy with your keyboard now ?

Sienenhirter I am sorry I don’t understand what you have said .

D575 grow up . We are not in court you have no authority to state or rest a case . We are just keyboard players talking about nothing of any real importance .
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

worth wrote:
Korg1

You will notice that in my first post on this thread , I never addressed you or your post directly . I said I did not understand these kinds of post on the forum . But you took it upon yourself to address me directly .

You are right you didn’t start this thread but you responded to me directly. So I guess I must have struck a nerve .

I am glad you have resolved some of the issues you had with the instrument . maybe you will find some joy with your keyboard now ?

Sienenhirter I am sorry I don’t understand what you have said .

D575 grow up . We are not in court you have no authority to state or rest a case . We are just keyboard players talking about nothing of any real importance .
Worth your contradictory behaviour is amusing... have a good weekend and no hard feelings all the best Smile
Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use songbook and the USB connection every day and I've had no restarts or freezes using my set but within an hour of loading other sets i can trigger restarts and freezes without using songbook or the USB connection. It may also have to do with songbook i dont know but all the sets that i have tried that have 0 songbook entries but hundreds if not thousands of improperly created sounds and styles all cause freezing and restarts and yes i tested all of them with reliable tested power.
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here but apparently this must be a bug in the operating system because some self professed power users here insist it is and Korg must address the problem that does not occur for your song book or mine . Maybe the problem is korg should have anticipated that the operating system would work with some user sets and not others and designed multiple operating systems on demand for each individual user ....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: