Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Keyboard set library

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angelomaga

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:24 pm    Post subject: Keyboard set library Reply with quote

Ciao a tutti. Ho appena acquistato la mia nuova PA4x e ho già installato il SO 3.1 Next. Il dubbio che ho ora è che non so se sto facendo la corretta impostazione della keyboard set library. Ad ogni song è infatti possibile destinare 4 keyboard set e quindi sto caricando nella keyboard set library 4 keyboard set per ogni song. In questo modo però mi rendo conto di stare usando tantissime locazioni di memoria per cui considerando che le locazioni disponibili del banco user sono 8 per pagina (non è possibile modificare le locazioni del banco factory) e che quindi sono 48 per categoria e considerando che le categorie sono 11 c'è una disponibilità totale di 528 locazioni per cui usandone 4 per song significa che al massimo ci sarebbe lo spazio per memorizzare i keyboard set di "sole" 132 song. È giusto così o sto sbagliando a destinare 4 keyboard set per ogni song?? Come potrei invece fare?? Per aumentare le locazioni della keyboard set library c'è la possibilità di usare il banco "direct" ma non so in che modo. Per cortesia qualcuno me lo potrebbe spiegare??
Grazie in anticipo per la risposta
Angelo

Edit:- Google translation....
Hello everybody. I have just purchased my new PA4x and have already installed SO 3.1 Next. The doubt I have now is that I don't know if I'm doing the correct setting of the keyboard set library. In fact, it is possible to assign 4 keyboard sets to each song, so I am loading in the keyboard set library 4 keyboard set for each song. In this way, however, I realize that I am using lots of memory locations, so considering that the available locations of the user bank are 8 per page (it is not possible to change the location of the factory desk) and that therefore there are 48 per category and considering that the there are 11 categories, there is a total availability of 528 locations, so using 4 per song means that at most there would be space to memorize the keyboard sets of "only" 132 songs. Is that right or am I wrong to allocate 4 keyboard sets for each song ?? How could I do instead? To increase the locations of the keyboard set library there is the possibility of using the "direct" bank but I don't know how. Would anyone please explain it to me ??
Thanks in advance for your reply
Angelo
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are my takes of dealing with a Pa

DIRECT ACCESS

Korg PA’s have a feature to save to a specific folder and to load and run the features from said folder, this is called Direct access.

EG
To save a customised Style as a Song during the write process the option is to save to Internal or to the Direct folder.

To set up a Direct access folder follow procedure as following:-

On a PC create a folder on your USB drive that you want to use as the Direct folder, I keep mine simple and called my folder Direct.set (including the .set in the name), eject USB correctly (use the eject routine rather than simply pulling it out) and inset it into your PA.

Now press and hold Shift then Press Media button.

Onscreen there should be a Media tab, press it.

On screen there is the legend Direct Folder.

Press Browse then navigate to your new folder you want to use, click on Select etc and you are good to go.

Now if you want to save Songs to this folder you can and once you have saved to it each Song saved there will have a border around it to show that it is saved to the Direct folder (when you are in Songbook mode that is).

KEYBOARD SETS

Rename the Keyboard Sets user banks into the categories or genres you play.

Customise a keyboard set to your requirements and save it to the applicable User Bank category, continue your customising.

PLAYING

When you play a song you can call up any Keyboard set in addition to the four preset ones, simply select from the Factory or User Banks
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: KbdSet library Reply with quote

Angelomaga wrote:
... c'è una disponibilità totale di 528 locazioni .... ci sarebbe lo spazio per memorizzare i keyboard set di "sole" 132 song ....

Ciao Angelo,
non ti preoccupare - ogni STYLE e ogni SONG hanno i propri quattro Kbdset separatamente, che non occupano spazio dalla libreria di KbdSets.
To avoid confusion from the beginning, it is necessary to distinguish a SONG from a STYLE.
This is important because you do not need to store KbdSets # 1-4 of Songs and Styles in the KbdSet Library. That is because KbdSets#1-4 are stored with its Styles and Songs separately (in UserStyles Area or in Songbook-Entries) and do not waste storage locations in the KbdSet-Library. So you get total availability of 528 locations to be used individually.

Style: Changes - also made in KbdSets#1-4 - you made in Style Settings can be saved onto UserStyles, Direct Styles and onto Songbook-Entries (Entry-Typ Style), but cannot be saved onto (protected) Factory Styles. In StylePlay-Mode StyleSetting is saved with "Write Current Style Settings". In StyleRecord-Mode StyleSettings are written automatically together with the Style ("Write Style" in page menue).

Song / Songbook: With each SongBook Entry a reference to a Style (Sb-Entry-Typ Style) or Song (Sb-Entry-Typ Song) and up to four KbdSets are saved. Changes in Sb-Entries KbdSets#1-4 are written in Write-Checkbox of Songbook, where you can select writing a single KbdSet or All of the four KbdSet locations.

Although often it is mentioned here to "save a style as song" in the songbook - keep in mind a STYLE IN AN SB-ENTRY ALWAYS REMAINS A STYLE (not a Song)!
Angelomaga wrote:
... Per aumentare le locazioni della KbdSet library ..

... scrivi o copi STYLE e SONG come un SET su un Device esterno (USB Stick). Ogni STYLE nell'area USER STYLES anche ha i suoi quattro kbdset separatamente.

Using Direct bank:
Direct data are residing in a storage device (internal drive or removable USB drive) and are extensions of the internal memory. No complicated preparation on a PC is necessary!
Saving files or folders with Pa-Filemanagement allows to choose the target device, where you can choose an existing SET folder or to create a new SET folder. Data (styles, kbdsets etc) you saved on a target device you can use as Direct data because you can choose ANY SET FOLDER AS DIRECT FOLDER.
A Direct folder simply has to be selected before being used.
If your external storage device containing the Direct data is connected, go to the Global > Mode Preferences > Media page, touch the Direct Folder > Browse button to open the file selector, browse through the drives and folders and select the SET folder you want to use as the Direct set of banks.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: