Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using VST Instruments
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill1983

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aripearlmusic wrote:
True but the guys i know are playing an average of 300 songs a night with 3 pauses in the first 50 songs and and 1 break in middle of the next 250. 5 or 6 styles for the first 50 songs and over 30 styles for the other 250. Most of them are also engineering at their own gigs with a digital board like the X32. Pretty much everyone ive spoken to regarding keyboard programming wants the most plug and play type options and are not tech savvy and rely heavily on presets because they can't make their own.

Totally agree with you on the tech savvy issue however, programming a style on a PA4x from scratch is about as "Tech Savvy Demanding" as it gets. IMHO, it's a heck of a lot easier using a DAW and generating Style Files with Markers vs using the Korg Interface. Neither is for the Non-Technical. I'm just unclear on how they can be technical enough to be "engineering at their own gigs with a digital board like the X32" and non tech savvy at the same time and reliant on presets. Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde?

Personally, I've just never been in a place where a single band or individual plays 9.5-10 hours of music (300 x 2 minutes = 600 minutes = 10 hours) and I've literally been everywhere from Singapore to St Petersburg, Rio to Tokyo. Even the big EURO Raves (Prague has the best) I've been to don't go on for that length of time. I would very much like to visit one of these places you're referring to so please let us know where & when.
PA4x, PA500, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 MK2, Sonar Platinum, Ableton Live 10 Standard, NI Komplete12 Ultimate, EWQL Libraries, Nektar Impact LX88, Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 Gen2, Studiologic MP-117 Pedalboard
Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swing by any of the jewish wedding halls in brooklyn between 7pm and 1am sunday-thursday
Bill1983

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aripearlmusic wrote:
Swing by any of the jewish wedding halls in brooklyn between 7pm and 1am sunday-thursday

Thanks! There are so many different types of venues and I'll be honest, I didn't see that one coming. I'd love to. Haven't been to the Big A in a decade which is far to long. Been dealing with some health issues but once that's behind me it's on the short list.

There are so many religions that have finally began allowing the modern music architecture/equipment into their places of worship that wouldn't have considered it 20 years ago. It's a great thing as music can be so many different things to different people. The one thing it does for sure is brings us all together. There are many adjectives but "Spiritual" is in the top of my list. Very Happy
PA4x, PA500, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 MK2, Sonar Platinum, Ableton Live 10 Standard, NI Komplete12 Ultimate, EWQL Libraries, Nektar Impact LX88, Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 Gen2, Studiologic MP-117 Pedalboard
Bill1983

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aripearlmusic wrote:

Thanks! There are so many different types of venues and I'll be honest, I didn't see that one coming. I'd love to. Haven't been to the Big A in a decade which is far to long. Been dealing with some health issues but once that's behind me it's on the short list.

There are so many religions that have finally began allowing the modern music architecture/equipment into their places of worship that wouldn't have considered it 20 years ago. It's a great thing as music can be so many different things to different people. The one thing it does for sure is brings us all together. There are many adjectives but "Spiritual" is in the top of my list. Very Happy
jeffkorg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found out that if I want to replace bass, drums, percussion parts it's easy for other parts like guitar, keys and so on. On the pa4x just go to global then midi I think it's the midi out channel. Then in your DAW you may have a guitar VST on a track and on the pa4x Acc 1 through Acc 5 you may find the guitar part and it will trigger your guitar VST and pads, keys, and so on. I was playing a style in realtime while triggering all VST parts and no Korg pa4x sounds and recording everything into my studio one 4. Just let the pa4x drive all of your VST instruments recording your performance into your DAW to then later edit your song in your DAW. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: