Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Settings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mabcomp

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:46 pm    Post subject: My Settings Reply with quote

How do I keep my custom settings the same when I change through variations. I want it to keep the same settings and not switch to other instruments.
pa4x_user

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mabcomp,

The STYLE TO KBD’ button has 3 modes. One of these (I think when it is unlit) will freeze the existing KBD settings when you change styles or variations..
Songbook+ app for iPad
Cubase12 Pro DAW software
Dorico Elements 4.2 scoring software
Band-in-a-Box 2022
Yamaha CVP-309GP
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:48 pm    Post subject: StyleToKbdSet Reply with quote

pa4x_user wrote:
..The STYLE TO KBD’ button has 3 modes. One of these (I think when it is unlit) will freeze the existing KBD settings when you change styles or variations..

This switch (StyleToKbdSet) only works in StylePlay mode without Songbook functionality.

Unfortunately, with Songbook this function with Style is incorrect, because every time a Sb-entry is selected the KbdSet automatically is set to KbdSet#1. Hope an OS update will correct that shortcoming.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: StyleToKbdSet Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:

Unfortunately, with Songbook this function with Style is incorrect, because every time a Sb-entry is selected the KbdSet automatically is set to KbdSet#1. Hope an OS update will correct that shortcoming.

It is not a bug. I thas been working like thad for many years.

p.s. It would be nice idea if songbook saved StyleToKbdSet status and KBDSET Number
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: StyleToKbdSet Reply with quote

... .. did not mention a bug, but that StyleToKbdSet function is unsuitable for reasonable work with Songbooks Style-Entries, therefore OS correction is necessary.

StyleToKbdSet is made letting Styles choose the Keyboard Sounds, that means if Set indicator is OFF, styles should not select a KeyboardSet if a Style is selected. If Set indicator is ON means selecting KbdSet#1 if a style is selected and if SetIndicator is blinking, the variation automatically recalls the the corresponding KbdSet. That is the way StyleToKbdSet is made and so it works with StylePlay - but does not with Songbook.

As soon as a Style is selected with an Sb-entry also with SetIndicator OFF the KbdSet is changed to KbdSet#1, although that should only happen if SetIndicator is ON.

Therefore, the StyleToKbdSet function is senseless / not usable with Songbook, because when changing the songbook style with both Indicator OFF and ON it sets to KbdSet#1, instead of letting the Style choose the KeyboardSounds or leaving it unchanged as planned but only realized in StyleMode.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: