Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to do a Factory reset or fx reset

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrendanG
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:08 pm    Post subject: How to do a Factory reset or fx reset Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I bought a Kronos 2 a few months ago 2nd hand. It’s immaculate condition but the sounds are not quite right, the pianos all seem to have an effect on that I don’t like, the guy I bought it from told me that he had done a factory reset but I’m not convinced, tonight I connected my M3 up and played it through the same speaker system and its pianos are perfect sounding meaning the speaker system I am using is not to blame for the effects so I am sure that’s it’s the Kronos settings that are not standard factory settings.
My question is
How Can I do a complete factory reset to restore the Kronos to its completely brand new settings ?.
Thank you.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have the disks?

Just asking about the disks, but you may not need them. I have not done a factory restore because I’ve never had the need to. I do remember seeing a video on the subject. As I recall the procedure starts in disk mode, find the factory file (look for a little padlock by it). In the video, the factory file was highlighted, and then loaded. It looked pretty simple.

If you have custom programs, combis, songs or samples in your Kronos, be sure to do a back up first.
BrendanG
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might have come with the discs, I have a MacBook but that doesn’t have a cd drive, hmmm,
I haven’t started creating any patches yet so everything can go without me doing a back up. Thanks.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a new K2, the SSD should have one or two folders (root position) :

- Extra Sounds Data (if the KRS-06 files were installed) and
- FACTORY

That's it. If there are more, you will first need to figure out what additional sounds were also installed on the unit and if you want to keep them or not. Next step is to back up everything in case you regret going back to a factory K2. It will be your only possibility to undo the "factory reset".

Once you verified this and saved everything (there are tons of links which explain how to do a Save All), you can then load the PRELOAD.PCG file located in the FACTORY folder. Then everything will be like a new K2, if it is really what you want. You can also go bank by bank or even program by program etc, if there is custom existing stuff you want to keep.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrendanG wrote:
It might have come with the discs, I have a MacBook but that doesn’t have a cd drive, hmmm,
I haven’t started creating any patches yet so everything can go without me doing a back up. Thanks.

You don't need a PC for the Kronos DVDs. You just have to buy an external DVD USB dvd player and it will do the job (easy to find for about 25$).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: