Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2 New Arrangers??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Backpool

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject: 2 New Arrangers?? Reply with quote

Heard yesterday - there will shortly be 2 new arrangers released.

NOT PA and NOT using Italian Tech.or any of the PA OS

Only leaves me to assume we 'might' just be getting more in the EK rang, which would be music to my ears .....as I LOVE the EK OS

Anyone heard anything????
BillTracy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He said something to the effect of these 2 arrangers would be "something different." Could mean a new series taking arrangers in a different direction or as you say could be new additions to the EK series. I would like to see ideas similar to what Ketron has done with the launchpad. IOW, take bits and pieces and easily make your own styles.
Backpool

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bill

Just heard these two WILL in fact be additions to the EK range with more voices and styles than has the EK50

Which IMHO has plenty of voices and styles already and the ability to load user data, but just needs some on-board way of managing imported styles, then it would be perfect.

The EK is a VERY easy board to operate, it has a very user friendly OS.
At such a low price point though, many of the controls have had to be made dual function by using 'shift' which is the only other thing which could be improved.

I dont think they will be 'workstation' based though Bill, for style editing etc...well, if they are following the EK line, but more ''Entertainer' boards as they are labelled....and just simply 'plug and play' which really suits my needs.

I understand the new models will be at the US trade show next month - which will be very interesting .... So its one to watch .....
FransN

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope there will be a 76 keys version and that they have usb audio.
BillTracy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backpool wrote:
Hi Bill

Just heard these two WILL in fact be additions to the EK range with more voices and styles than has the EK50

Thanks for the info.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Heard yesterday - there will shortly be 2 new arrangers released.

....heard from whom????????
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Backpool

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several people have mentioned it who i know . Plus you only have to watch You tube.

It was a foregone conclusion the EK 50 was never going to be a 'stand alone' model ....or why use EK as a new prefix??
EK is listed as a category on here, which sort of gives the game away. It was just a matter of time. In any event something will need to happen with the PA300 price point, it has been around, unchanged for several years. With other manufacturers snapping at Korg's heels in that market segment.

Plus the fact - we are not all into messing around with parameters / editing and want something 'plug and play' as is the 'entertainer' EK model. It is a fantastic ready made, off the peg piece of kit to use.
I think this line has been a breath of air in the arranger market and a decent hit for Korg, There is nobody else producing such a user friendly OS at the moment. So, I for one will only be glad if we can see more options in this model range + the EK 50 was and is super value for money.
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backpool wrote:
Several people have mentioned it who i know . Plus you only have to watch You tube.

It was a foregone conclusion the EK 50 was never going to be a 'stand alone' model ....or why use EK as a new prefix??
EK is listed as a category on here, which sort of gives the game away. It was just a matter of time. In any event something will need to happen with the PA300 price point, it has been around, unchanged for several years. With other manufacturers snapping at Korg's heels in that market segment.

Plus the fact - we are not all into messing around with parameters / editing and want something 'plug and play' as is the 'entertainer' EK model. It is a fantastic ready made, off the peg piece of kit to use.
I think this line has been a breath of air in the arranger market and a decent hit for Korg, There is nobody else producing such a user friendly OS at the moment. So, I for one will only be glad if we can see more options in this model range + the EK 50 was and is super value for money.

When I do searches on YouTube, I see only the EK-50. There is ONE video that I found from Jeremy See that references the new Korg arrangers, but there is very little information (which is understandable if Korg really wanted to keep these under wraps until slightly before they are released).

Could you provide some links so we can get more information?

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Backpool

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - I saw that comment on you tube by JS ( who is ALWAYS spot on! ) and then spoke with people I know in the trade who did say they would be shown at the US trade show in January.and this confirmed his assumption.

I have no more information and if you read my initial post I was simply asking others if they had maybe heard anything

Sorry i cant comment further
Backpool

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject: a bit more info .... Reply with quote

Maybe all 'hearsay' but JS has just put this up on Y.Tube
Quite an interesting watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWwncmrp3wU

Keith
Backpool

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if one of the new offerings is simply a vamped up EK50 with an L added i am disappointed BIG TIME .... just a few extra dance styles / more powerful speakers and soft casing .... All of which could be added/sorted easily with an existing unit.
The EK despite having an old sound chip is a super board IMHO
The OS is just so user friendly .... I just love it

As far as an up-grade was concerned and maybe a more 'mid range'' offering
I would have paid in a heartbeat for more individual controls ( as many of the controls are dual function using 'shift')

Plus - simply more memory and a way of managing imported user, styles as at present you can ONLY load sets of 6 x 16 ( 96 in total ) and get a 'one hit' at this and cant change a thing or move/delete styles within these sets, so you end up losing many of the available slots.

Oh well - I will just have to forget it
I do really think Korg are missing a trick here in not making more of this OS . It certainly rivals Yamaha on their E series ... but what do I know I am only an owner/user!

Keith[b][/b]
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backpool wrote:
Well if one of the new offerings is simply a vamped up EK50 with an L added i am disappointed BIG TIME .... just a few extra dance styles / more powerful speakers and soft casing .... All of which could be added/sorted easily with an existing unit.
The EK despite having an old sound chip is a super board IMHO
The OS is just so user friendly .... I just love it

As far as an up-grade was concerned and maybe a more 'mid range'' offering
I would have paid in a heartbeat for more individual controls ( as many of the controls are dual function using 'shift')

Plus - simply more memory and a way of managing imported user, styles as at present you can ONLY load sets of 6 x 16 ( 96 in total ) and get a 'one hit' at this and cant change a thing or move/delete styles within these sets, so you end up losing many of the available slots.

Oh well - I will just have to forget it
I do really think Korg are missing a trick here in not making more of this OS . It certainly rivals Yamaha on their E series ... but what do I know I am only an owner/user!

Keith

I kind of agree, but I also think that the lower end market is something new for Korg and it may take a bit before they provide a top-grade offering in the lower market. With that said, maybe that is what their intention is with the XE20. With a price of $799, the XE20 is a formidable instrument (even if it does not have 5-pin MIDI).

What they need to do is create a newer version of the PA300 and market that in the high end of the lower market, or even the mid-range market. I think that it would be a high seller and provide many of the features of the PA series but at a lower price. Maybe they could lose the touch screen to save costs and go with an enhanced LCD from the EK/New i3 boards.

Maybe the i3 is that very keyboard. I am rather excited to actually get my hands on one of the i3 keyboards, myself. I would like to see how it feels/sounds and see if it makes a good bottom keyboard for a band rig setup where I also use 5-Pin MIDI boards (M50, Kross, Ensoniq VFX, and others (if I feel inclined)).

If they added a touch screen on the i3 and added a few PA series features, I think that they would have an even bigger winner than I think that new i3 is going to be.

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: