Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos 2, not seeing update...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GWILLY2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:20 pm    Post subject: Kronos 2, not seeing update... Reply with quote

Hi everyone. I picked up a Kronos 2, with operating system 3.0.3 I have transferred correctly (I think) the files for the latest operating system, 3.1.3, on to a brand new USB stick.. and when I plug it into the Kronos 2, and press "update system software" in the global menu - I get "Update Error" (update not successful). Am I missing something obvious?? I've turned the Kronos off and on with USB stick connected, and it's definitely talking to the stick, when the keyboard is loading..... hmmmm

Also, subsequent to my writing the above, I saw a post in the sticky thread about "extracting" the files to the USB Flash Stick. I have since done that, overwriting what was there - but am still getting the error message. I have repeated the whole process, including downloading a second copy of the update from Korg USA, and still the error message.. sos! Smile
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The update files first have to be unzipped, and then copied, starting at the root directoryon the USB stick. The update file hierarchy has to have the correct file structure, as unzipped, so the top level of the USB stick has to look like:

Manuals(dir)
mnt(dir)
bc
DisplayUpdaterMessage
install.info
KRONOS_Update_3_1_3.csum
KRONOS_Update_3_1_3.tar.gz
md5sum
posttar.sh
pretar.sh

Read the KRONOS_Update_and_Restore_E4.pdf file that comes in the Manuals | English directory, for further information.

It may help to format the USB stick using the Kronos, before copying files to it.

GWILLY2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the help. The reformat of the USB stick seems to have done the trick....
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always format your thumbdrives used for the Kronos with the Kronos format utility. It needs to be FAT32 and Windows may not offer this option based on the USB version and the capacity of the thumbdrive. It appears exFAT is the new standard in Win10.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: