Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EXs63 - many drum pattern slots empty, not enough 'memory'

View previous topic :: View next topic  
openroad

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:55 am    Post subject: EXs63 - many drum pattern slots empty, not enough 'memory' Reply with quote

I'm trying to load Exs63 Sophisticated Drum Grooves.

First, Drum Patterns-
Even though I have 700+ empty User Drum Pattern slots, even trying to load 1 more from the 133 in EXs63 gives me the message:
NOT ENOUGH DRUM TRACK PATTERN MEMORY

Memory? Is there someplace I can increase it?
(what's there right now are Jazz Expansion 13 patterns and Krs59 patterns)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Second, do I have to load the PCG's and drumkits where 'assigned'?

There's 1 set of 00-127 programs that uses 14 new Drumkits that I'm supposed to load into U-C and U-F, but I have things there already.

There's also a 2nd/duplicate set of 00-127 programs that uses Kronos drumkits instead from Int-F that I'm supposed to load into U-D, but I have things there already too.

I have lots of free space in U- CC, DD, FF, EE, GG. Can I put it all there instead?

But is nothing going to work if I can't load the 133 new Drum Patterns?

Hope I explained clearly. Thank you very much.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: EXs63 - many drum pattern slots empty, not enough 'memor Reply with quote

openroad wrote:
I'm trying to load Exs63 Sophisticated Drum Grooves.

First, Drum Patterns-
Even though I have 700+ empty User Drum Pattern slots, even trying to load 1 more from the 133 in EXs63 gives me the message:
NOT ENOUGH DRUM TRACK PATTERN MEMORY

Memory? Is there someplace I can increase it?
(what's there right now are Jazz Expansion 13 patterns and Krs59 patterns)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have lots of free space in U- CC, DD, FF, EE, GG. Can I put it all there instead?

But is nothing going to work if I can't load the 133 new Drum Patterns?

Hope I explained clearly. Thank you very much.

sounds like there are a few things going on

My 1st guess is that you have a load problem.

Before proceeding did you BACK UP your existing data, by creating a new PCG file ?

Ok. Jumping ahead.Its Important to read the EXs install directions slowly and carefully.

Its a little subtle, but you can select an open Program bank for your new Drum Programs DURING the Load process

I don't have your EX install instructions- typically on page 7 or 8, titled " Loading the New Sounds and Samples " is what you need to read carefully.
There are 10 steps to this.

Going further back , you have to have sufficient memory to load the new EXs.

This is a basic requirement.

If you do not have sufficient memory for loading , a red warning would be visible , such as " memory required, memory available.

Best I can suggest to unravel whats going on
openroad

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your reply, you might not know that no instructions comes with EXs63 from KARO. I'm here because all I could find on the net are other people frustrated at the missing instructions. I will try to find the installation instructions from some other EXs though, good idea.

But I'm most roadblocked by the lack of Drum Pattern 'memory' despite 700 open user slots which is a Kronos issue I assume. I can't find where Drum Pattern memory is isolated - is it separate from KSC memory? I have plenty of free KSC memory but am being told I'm out of Drum Pattern memory.

That said, after 7 years I still don't understand when/why to allocate my various KSC's differently between Virtual, Ram and KSC.

Thanks! again.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

openroad wrote:
Thank you very much for your reply, you might not know that no instructions comes with EXs63 from KARO. I'm here because all I could find on the net are other people frustrated at the missing instructions. I will try to find the installation instructions from some other EXs though, good idea.

But I'm most roadblocked by the lack of Drum Pattern 'memory' despite 700 open user slots which is a Kronos issue I assume. I can't find where Drum Pattern memory is isolated - is it separate from KSC memory? I have plenty of free KSC memory but am being told I'm out of Drum Pattern memory.

That said, after 7 years I still don't understand when/why to allocate my various KSC's differently between Virtual, Ram and KSC.

Thanks! again.

That is lame, no instructions. write to the Karo people for details.

IMO, you are almost flying blind. I can't say if each 3rd party sample lib follows a standard install/load process.

Thus what ever I suggest could make the issue more confusing.

Lets see if another K owner has more info. Get after Karo meanwhile
openroad

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a little progress, reporting in case it helps someone else.

Still would like to know how to SEE what is using so much DRUM TRACK PATTERN MEMORY that I'm out of memory with 700 open slots.

The problem: I get the 'NOT ENOUGH DRUM TRACK PATTERN MEMORY' trying to add ONE more 3rd party drum pattern (let alone the other 100+).

Here's the manual explanation for that notice - but it's only as if you're trying to save more user patterns from a seq, which I'm not. I'm trying to add more 3rd party, maybe the same issue in a way...

MANUAL
NOT ENOUGH DRUM TRACK PATTERN MEMORY Meaning: When converting a songʹs user patterns to user drum track patterns, there was not enough free memory. To solve this problem:• As necessary, use the Media mode Save PCG command to save the user drum track patterns. Then in Sequencer mode, use the Erase Drum Track Pattern menu command to delete the other user drum track patterns to free up more memory. After that, try the conversion again

So...finally found the only 'ERASE DRUM PATTERN' in the SEQ/Drum Track drop down. Fine. It only gives me access to USER patterns to erase singly or the whole bank.

That doesn't solve my problem. I want to keep the 300 I already have there and want to know why I have 700 open slots and no more memory.

That's today's report, thanks for any contributions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: