Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UserStyleLoad is not listed in my EK 50

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fitokg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:59 am    Post subject: UserStyleLoad is not listed in my EK 50 Reply with quote

UserStyleLoad does not show up in my EK 50.
I have already applied the 2.4 patch and nothing.
According to the manual and everything I have read in this forum, that feature has to be included in the keyboard.
What do I need to do to find it?
Do I need another update?
Can someone help please?

Ps: I have followed all the instructions in the manual about formating the memory stick and everything else.
Backpool

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Fit - seems odd!!
Check your update is showing on system version ( on screen ) as i thought mine had completed but not the case. Earlier versions did not allow user styles to be loaded.
Sounds like you did the right thing ....pressing media .....manual instructions etc. I assume.

I would call support Monday - they will help i am sure

Regarding loading user styles - i have yet to find a 'dedicated' set suitable. Unless you mange them before loading, as you cant do anything with them when loaded. There are 6 sets of 16 loadable slots = 96 style files in total
these will appear from 901 style slot onwards on screen if they are there.

Sorry i cant help more. - Keith
fitokg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I have followed all the instructions from the manual: formatting memory stick with keyboard, EK folder, create subfolders, style and programs, etc, etc and even so, nothing. I tried a different memory stick and nothing! I have updated to 2.4
Yes I pressed media and looked for the style load feature but it does not show up. It is weird!
Do I need a different patch? There must be something wrong with the software.

Thanks for your help
fitokg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This an update to my problem.
I had already installed version 2.4 (that is what I thought) in my keyboard but when I looked for the userstyleload in the list it didn't show up. I e-mailed korg support Canada and they told me that the userstyleload did not show up because the 2.4 version was not installed. So, I held the SHIFT button while I turned the keyboard on to see the version I had, and yes, it showed version 1.4.
So, I installed the 2.4 again (for some reason did not work on the first or the second time) and it finally went through on the third time.
Once the USERSTYLELOAD showed up I was able to installed 96 new styles on my EK 50.

Everything is fine now.
csteen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my EK 50 on Christmas and have been having an absolute blast playing it! Mine came updated so I have dug up four flash drives and been downloading styles in little groups to those. But damn , there are tons of good things that came loaded also. Keyboarding is great fun again, thanks Korg!
Backpool

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you got it sorted Fit.

I thought it was your version and it had not updated

quote -
Hi Fit - seems odd!!
Check your update is showing on system version ( on screen ) as i thought mine had completed but not the case. Earlier versions did not allow user styles to be loaded.

Yes Csteen - They are a FAB little board !!!! I have been banging on about them for a year now!! ( see my other posts ) Ok and old sound chip but a great OS, so much easier than the PA system. Cant WAIT for the follow up models due out.

If you can sort a decent set of 6 x 16 user styles out let me know as there is NO WAY of managing styles once loaded ....unless of course you buy style manger prog. which really is a big waste for such a simple task.
Had I still got a PA i could maybe done it on there and copied it over

Be in touch - as there are not many fans of the EK

Thanks for posting ..... Keith
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG EK Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: