Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is OS version 3.1.0 Stable
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Korg have considered a better plan for Beta Testing inculding improved Regression Testing for the future...
kleant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Answering shortly to your question OS version 3.1.0 is stable!

My honest opinion, however still remains some error or bugs call them as you like which at least on v2.2 where not present.

I gig with the new os3.1.0 at least 4 days each weekends on the positive note i never had a restart on a LIVE situation but still sometimes the keyboard freezes on my experience this happens mostly when I use the MP3 function to play something from USB.

The current OS feels more slow somehow it takes time to load stuff and to move from page to page maybe because it tries to identify problems and navigation in general feels more slow in my opinion compared with the previous v2.2.

The only reason that I upgraded was the 1.5Gb space and the extra room for the user sounds but unfornately no matter how I try the most I can fill is 500-600Mb before the Sample Memory Slots of 15k Limit runs out. Not mentioning most of the user bank empty with practically no use because you cant load anything if the sample memory slots are filled, you need to delete something to add another one which basically will bring the SET at the same file size 500-600 Maximum. I Have tried lots of other people sets commercial and not commercial I never have found a set yet which uses the 1.5Gb advertised.

My guess Korg is working on expanding the sample slots number however I don't think they will release an update for the current pa4x owners probably a newer version will have this included from factory with other fixes and improvements.

Another thing that bothers me at live situation is the pads synch which still when used in combination somehow sometimes they lost the synch. I have learned to live with it and try and start them in synch but I still don't understand how this can happen with Next OS and the previous v2.2 never had this problem.

Taking all above in consideration probably some users will never even notice or encounter this annoyances but this does not mean they are not present anyway for users with no complex SETs version v3.1.0 is stable and you should definately try it at least.
Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sample count is 14538 with 751 multisamples, 2149 drum samples, using 1.24Gb and enough multisamples for 693 sounds and 40 kits. i still have to get rid of some extra samples but having a 15k limit pushes to maximize the sample count wisely so i like it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: