Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Issue with factory Prog "Violin Solo Ribbonbend"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
timg11

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:10 pm    Post subject: Issue with factory Prog "Violin Solo Ribbonbend" Reply with quote

Does anyone else hear inconsistent samples in factory program "Violin Solo Ribbonbend"? (IC-032 for me) to the extent that it really isn't usable?

Specifically, playing from F5 to F#5, the tone jumps an octave to a harmonic sound. The anomaly is very pronounced on the F#, and less so on the surrounding keys. Play an E scale starting at E5, and try to make it sound natural.

I hear to some extent on other string programs that use ROM sample 00217 Violin-Vibrato

I'm asking "is it just me" since I had similar one-note oddites when my first K1 had the bad keybed. (although I did transpose the program around and the anomaly is with the pitch, not the key.
timg11

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind - restarted the Kronos and the anomaly is gone. Strange that one sample would get corrupted --- maybe a cosmic ray?
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you had inadvertently edited the patch without knowing it. Rebooting would definitely fix problem since you probably didn't save the edit. Next time try the compare feature.
timg11

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronnfigg wrote:
Maybe you had inadvertently edited the patch without knowing it. .

I did try several different programs. I left the combi, went into program mode and tried Violin Solo Ribbonbend, and then changed to some similar programs using the Category Program Select page. They all exhibited the anomaly.

Out of curiosity, are there any parameters in an HD-1 program that could cause a specific pitch to play with a significantly different sound?
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timg11 wrote:
ronnfigg wrote:
Maybe you had inadvertently edited the patch without knowing it. .

I did try several different programs. I left the combi, went into program mode and tried Violin Solo Ribbonbend, and then changed to some similar programs using the Category Program Select page. They all exhibited the anomaly.

Out of curiosity, are there any parameters in an HD-1 program that could cause a specific pitch to play with a significantly different sound?

Any sample on any instrument can exhibit inconsistencies, especially on cheaper instruments. Some patches have areas of the keyboard mapped to instrument specific articulations. Like a guitar sample might have "chimes" in the upper register that are out of the normal range of the instrument.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS- Make sure you didn't accidentally bump the vector joystick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: