Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg ARP2600
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although we all knew the rumours.... but to see it in the flesh pre namm is fantastic...

What a time to be a Synth head....

The ARP2600 is One of those Synths I've always dreamt of owning,but knew it was a distant dream.....what a time to be alive..

Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poseidon wrote:
no velocity sensitivity ?

No, but it does have aftertouch.
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it have patch banks?

Surely it does?

Its fun to fiddle but its nice to have recall.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ksynth wrote:
Does it have patch banks?

Surely it does?

Its fun to fiddle but its nice to have recall.

No, there is no patch bank.
Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t suppose they designed this for Eurorack compatibility?

That would really be something.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be compatible with Eurorack, with the ARP2600 having 1V/octave VCO sensitivity, Gate and Trigger are +10V, LFOs can be unipolar or bipolar, 10V swing, depending on mode.

Note added, from Korg website: "Needless to say, these patchable connections and the onboard processors can be used to interact with nearly any modular or Eurorack synthesizer system."

Last edited by voip on Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
It should be compatible with Eurorack, with the ARP2600 having 1V/octave VCO sensitivity, Gate and Trigger are +10V, LFOs can be unipolar or bipolar, 10V swing, depending on mode.

Ah, you're right. I'm drooling a little. Part of my mind is toying with selling off some Euro modules to fund one of these...
Hooked On Sonics

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPA4JyxVV2I&fbclid=IwAR3B3DbZpLWRZ5YQVeJlFKFVjj9s3owVI9DB3RXmIV_eMQsPYAmIVUmyAcQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYTpE1Nm57U

What, wait a minute, stop the pressesssssssssss, in the second video Nick say's the the Flight case comes with it, if that's true, WOOOOOOOW

Korg, I'm not Worthy, but take my money anyway!!!
Korg Kronos II - Instant Karma's Gonna Get You, Synth Wars - The Rise of the KARP 2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, KARP & Odyessey, Moog One - The Poly Menace, Vintage 2016 Model D, Voyager of Sinbad XL, Fooger Family of Six, Three Mothers Like No Others, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, MoogClaraVox, Criklon V2, in living color, Elektron RytmII Avenue, Neuman U67
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are TWO flightcases. One for the ARP2600, and one for the keyboard. Either that, or one flightcase with a slot for the keyboard.

Hooked On Sonics

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the synth has it's own tolex case, the keyboard has its on tolex case, and then BOTH of those cases go into a FLIGHT CASE that come with wheels. Just got off the phone with SW and they verified it, i'm just blown away. When the previews rolled it out, i just thought that was part of the drum roll, i never thought that the silver FLIGHT CASE on wheels came with it.

My Studio's getting tight, so this mobile flight case on wheels stand, it just what the Dr. Frankenstein ordered ... Smile
Korg Kronos II - Instant Karma's Gonna Get You, Synth Wars - The Rise of the KARP 2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, KARP & Odyessey, Moog One - The Poly Menace, Vintage 2016 Model D, Voyager of Sinbad XL, Fooger Family of Six, Three Mothers Like No Others, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, MoogClaraVox, Criklon V2, in living color, Elektron RytmII Avenue, Neuman U67

Last edited by Hooked On Sonics on Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr_SamDoogie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want this didn't now I didn't but definitely want it.

Korg MW1, Casio PX5S & XW-G1, Roland JD-Xi,Yamaha Montage 7, Roland D-05, Bass Station II, Cubase Elements, Sonar X3 Producer.Handfull of IOs Apps iMPC,Animoog : Korg IMS-20,Module, IM1, Gadget etc.
Narioso

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a creation I love what Korg is doing - the love for synths comes through and all those working there in R&D as well.

Same feeling about Arturia MatrixBrute - it's just incredible piece of work.

And in itself good moneys worth for those that feel ARP2600 price tag is out of range. And it has preset storage - very clever approach with the electronic mod matrix - each of 16 sources and with own amount control 16 destinations. Also has 12 or something patch bay, but not sure if compatible with Korg trigger/sync standard.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Narioso wrote:
And it has preset storage

Just read carefully the Korg description. You will see there is no preset storage available : https://www.korg.com/us/products/synthesizers/arp2600_fs/
Narioso

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liviou2004 wrote:
Narioso wrote:
And it has preset storage

Just read carefully the Korg description. You will see there is no preset storage available : https://www.korg.com/us/products/synthesizers/arp2600_fs/

That text referred to MatrixBrute as a comment, sorry if my english is that bad.

Physical cables are kind of difficult to make storage for, unless just sampled and stored at the time of save. Seems Korg went retro all the way and nothing is modernised in the reissues.

The way MatrixBrute did mod matrix it's all electronic and you make connections and get a lit button. The active buttons to adjust amount will blink - this feel modern. MatrixBrute is voltage driven where it has to.

If to do a remake - I would have adjusted all connections to be electronic and allow preset storage. Yes, it would not be total replica of original - but way much more useful. By magnitudes with preset storage/recall.

I saw a video from retro analog gear where they had massive patch bays that were driven by relays - to accomodate by simple command to switch connections of cables.

We have this kind of feature in modern floor boards for guitar pedals - where you even can change order of pedals between presets. So that could be a way to go - if it could handle many inputs to any outputs - which I did not see yet. For guitar it's basically one in to one out to amp in the end.

But maybe some developers will follow with making such a product - but it won't fix position of analog knobs - so maybe not.

I think ARP2600 will probably make a mark anyway - but retro only goes so far....like Keith Emerson having one setup of his Moog to do a few things on a set. But guitarplayers build these walls of speaker cabinets on stage - why shouldn't keyboard players. Wink
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Premium price, but then again it’s a premium package, really well done.
Knowing KORG they will probably release other (cheaper) versions of the 2600 at a later date.

Last edited by Jan1 on Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: