Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

external controller and style-variations/chords

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joelinn34

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:42 pm    Post subject: external controller and style-variations/chords Reply with quote

so. i'm considering an EK-50: mostly to use as a drum/bass machine. but (as a guitarist) the utility here depends on whether i can control style variations and chords with a midi footcontroller. (i have various ones...most likely to go for a yamaha mfc10 that can transmit a MSB/LSB/PC set)

the EK-50 midi inplementation has no mention of variation selection...usually meaning the capability isn't there. but the "voice list" document gives MSB/LSB/pc for style selection (to be sent on the global channel, i guess, since there's no mention of the control channel a la PA300)....indicating that style-variations control might be implemented but not documented....same for chord recognition. also, changing the global channel might be nice.....

i'm in hawaii....so getting my hands on one to test is problematic: returns are very expensive. does anyone know if external control of style variations is possible? $350 seems like a lot to pay (pa300 price vs ek-50) for this capability.

thx...........joelinn
Backpool

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - i am only aware you can use the pedal function as is indicated in the ref. manual - page 21
No Assign
Damper
Expression
Quarter Tone

Unlike my SX900 where there are pages of functions this is obviously limited being an entry board.

One of the tech guys on here might be able to offer a solution but I am not aware of any way to do what you want.
I would dearly love to be able to use a style variation / fill myself with this board if possible.

Regards Keith
joelinn34

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx, keith.

even tho it's an entry-priced keyboard, the voices and the styles sound very good....according to the videos i see online. the only question is how extensive the MIDI implementation is. the manual indicates that you can record style variations and chord changes......my question is whether you can feed those in via MIDI.

thx again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG EK Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: