Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg pa700 and pa1000 NEW OS versions v1.5.0 are available
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:59 pm    Post subject: os Reply with quote

So far I’ve loaded it up os 1.5 . Running two sequencers at the same time one MP 3 one midi… doing a search at the same time as both song player are running . and look through directory’s….
I’m trying to make it choke or trying to slow it down or make it confused,, so far it’s working great and I hope it keeps that way…
Time will tell.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:51 pm    Post subject: Pa1000 OS1.5 Reply with quote

shiran1986 wrote:
... not trust my pa1000 on stage, i having freezing issue + sound tune that changing automatically + drum style loops that not functioning correctly. More than two year's with all mentioned issues .. really hope after almost 15 years as Korg customer that Roland will come this year with a new arranger keyboard and i'll not think twice ... too bad I sold the pa900 ..

BR wrote:
... have the similar problems as you with my Pa1000 .. contacted Korg Support USA about these issues but so far no positive result ...

Having been known for a long time if there really are no positive reactions from Korg Support, then that would be outrageousvery.

According to the previous postings about errors of the Pa1000, which cannot be fixed after usage of user samples, this is very worrying. At least it would have been expected that in such cases at least a complete package "Pa1000 Factory Reset v ...." should be offered by Korg for troubleshooting. So everybody should be able to get runnig a Pa1000 again if eMMC got corrupt data - regardless of whether with external software (like the Pa-Manager) or by loading faulty data.
BR wrote:
... hope Korg will release soon an efficient update with these bugs fixed .. ...

The big question, however, is whether and how often the errors described by user BR actually occur with each Pa1000, which means that on the one hand it is no longer possible to continue using the keyboard without system crashes and on the other hand no troubleshooting is offered by Korg.
The most important information is, how many users deal with user samples and user styles and are affected by this error so that a keyboard can no longer be used satisfactorily.

If this error should not be repeatable and producible with every Pa1000, but only affects a few individual cases, then Korg for these users at least should offer a repair of these devices.

However, it would also be important to know how many (or most of us ?) work with user samples and user styles without no such serious errors, but could easily been removed by deleting corrupt data and not to use these corrupt data again.

I think that forum would be well suited to share experiences here, because according to the existing postings I would not even decide to buy a Pa1000 if it would be offered 20% of the current price!

But hope to get some more informations here for a decision - or a solution on how to reset a Pa1000 with damaged data in eMMC to use it again satisfactorily. That really can not be done with Minimal-Packages.

duby2 wrote:
BR Install the new OS 1.5 see if it helps try to make it lock up ,,You have nothing to lose...let us know ..

Until now, all OS-packages of Pa1000 are minimal packages - also OS-Update 1.5 !

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de

Last edited by siebenhirter on Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:14 pm    Post subject: os Reply with quote

Well did a 2 hour job today with the new OS 1.5 so far no error, I have over 900 songs ,and I did again scan the list and I play music and sang…all at the same time .... I use mp3 and midi and styles ….. I also use around 30 or so sample ,not many ,, I sample some other keyboard and drums beats .. and FX …
But so far ( For Me ) it is working ok…. But who know ….
And yes we need a full format for damaged emmc ….
So korg do it …
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: os Reply with quote

duby2 wrote:
Well did a 2 hour job today with the new OS 1.5 so far no error, I have over 900 songs ,and I did again scan the list and I play music and sang…all at the same time .... I use mp3 and midi and styles ….. I also use around 30 or so sample ,not many ,, I sample some other keyboard and drums beats .. and FX …
But so far ( For Me ) it is working ok…. But who know ….
And yes we need a full format for damaged emmc ….
So korg do it …

Unfortunately if your eMMC gets damaged, no file can bring it back..
The updater (system update) is in the eMMC so if it gets damaged you will not be able to get into update.
The full file is only useful for restoring the keyboard in case of reboot loop happens somehow (maybe power cutoff during updating).
Still it doesn't need the full resources for that.They have packages which do not include the sample files and do the job.
Also no other company gives out the full installation package as far as i have seen.Only korg was (and is still) doing that..The only keyboard that practically needs the full package is pa3x as all the system files are stored in the hdd/internal usb stick and so to change the hdd or stick to a bigger one you need to reload the full resources...
On all other models ,the system files are located in the internal memory which is soldered on the mainboard and as a result not user serviceable so they could have only shared the files to authorized service centers but they decided to share with everybody.
Lets be grateful for what they have given so far (yes i agree they can do better with the bug fixes on the last gen keyboards and we have all the right to demand a fix for the obvious)..
In my opinion after the os modifications (which were not all for a good reason) that took place with the previous files (pa300/600/900/3xle and pkg version of 4x) they had to stop distributing everything not needed to the end user as any other company does..That is how it works..When you buy a software license , you buy exactly that , a license to use it,not the software itself (which means you don't get the source code or the right to do modifications on it).

Back on topic though , i m glad to hear that, at least yet, there are no problems.

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:48 pm    Post subject: os Reply with quote

Well I was working fine with OS 1.5 use it for a couple hours, again today did the job no trouble came home try to put a new set list stop getting my USB drive and it rebooted itself.
Shut itself off and restarted that's as far as I got I don't know what's wrong it's the same set list I'm loading in hello last year we shall see I'm gonna do some testing on it now.

It looks like when the pa4x upgrades version 3 and pa1000 version 1.5 they messed it up somewhere.
Windows has blue screen and korg did not want to be left out so korg has Restart … LOL
I will try more test an see , will let you all know ,,,
Although the OS seems to run faster maybe the maintenance they did screw things up don’t know
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:24 pm    Post subject: Complete vs Minimal Package Reply with quote

musiccankill wrote:
... Unfortunately if your eMMC gets damaged, no file can bring it back....
The full file is only useful for restoring the keyboard in case of reboot loop happens somehow (maybe power cutoff during updating).
Still it doesn't need the full resources for that.They have packages which do not include the sample files and do the job......

I can neither confirm nor contest the technical content of your posting, but publish part of a mail i got from German Korg Support:

"translation German to English"
In addition, the above Pa-models (Pa700/1000) are equipped with an eMMC flash memory, which is used to manage the following data and whose data content can only be overwritten by loading system package files (OS file, system reset file). In principle, this memory could also be accessed via USB. However, this option was not activated by the manufacturer in the Pa keyboards.

LOCAL -> This memory area is reserved for special copy-protected extensions (self-programmed musical resource and PCM data from KORG sales). You only get access to this data area when a device-specific extension has been successfully installed.
SYSTEM -> Operating system data (OS system)
FACTORY -> Musical resource data for restoring the work data via the MEDIA UTILITY function "Factory Restore".
PCM -> Factory waveforms

Corruption of the data in the eMMC memory can occur due to a problem when installing a system package file. In this case, the system can only be restored by loading the extensive system reset package file in the eMMC flash memory, not by loading the "normal" OS package file.

However, KORG does not offer system reset data for all Pa models. The exception is the Pa4X model, for which the system reset package version v2.00 was published by KORG in the course of the update history.
The system reset files of the Pa700 and Pa1000 are therefore only available from KORG Support on request, if the data in the flash memory of the customer device is obviously damaged.
For technical production reasons, there are two different system file formats (UPD and PKG) for the three current Pa models (Pa4X, Pa1000 and Pa700). Therefore, when inquiring about the system reset data (Pa1000 and Pa700), you must also specify which system file format is required. Information about this can be called up via the system update mode (hold down the Intro # 1 key when switching on). .....
"end translation German to English"

Furthermore I wonder what else is the difference between "Complete_package" and and "Minimal_package", if not the complete reinstallation vs update
(Complete-Package for Pa1000 = 950 MB, Minimal_Package = 120 MB)
(ig Pa4x_v200MUS: 110AMUS KORG-SW4 WorkHorse4 06/13/2017 12:30 Z110A package 'Z110A_MUS_Complete_package'
Pa4x_v131: 110ASTD KORG-SW6 WorkHorse6 07/08/2019 12.47 Z110A package 'Z110A_STD_Minimal_package'
Pa1000_OSv110: 112ASTD KORG-SW4 WorkHorse4 04/20/2018 18:36 Z112A package 'Z112A_STD_Complete_package'
Pa1000_OSv131: 112ASTD KORG-SW4 WorkHorse4 01/23/2019 10.32 Z112A package 'Z112A_STD_Minimal_package'
Pa700_osv140: 111ASTD KORG-SW4 WorkHorse4 01/23/2019 10.15 Z111A package 'Z111A_STD_Minimal_package' ...)

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Complete vs Minimal Package Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
musiccankill wrote:
... Unfortunately if your eMMC gets damaged, no file can bring it back....
Still it doesn't need the full resources for that.They have packages which do not include the sample files and do the job......

I can neither confirm nor contest the technical content of your posting, but publish part of a mail i got from German Korg Support:

"translation German to English"
In addition, the above Pa-models (Pa700/1000) are equipped with an eMMC flash memory, which is used to manage the following data and whose data content can only be overwritten by loading system package files (OS file, system reset file). In principle, this memory could also be accessed via USB. However, this option was not activated by the manufacturer in the Pa keyboards.

There was a backdoor on all andoria (it is the nickname of the korg distribution used in these models) linux models (300/600/900/3xle) till PA4X PKG version (closed on pa4x upd and later models) that allowed full access to the eMMC through USB .Some partitions where set to read only though to prevent damage to the linux installation by accident.I m not sure even authorized service centers have the information needed to enter it as there really is no practical use for that.

LOCAL -> This memory area is reserved for special copy-protected extensions (self-programmed musical resource and PCM data from KORG sales). You only get access to this data area when a device-specific extension has been successfully installed.
SYSTEM -> Operating system data (OS system)
FACTORY -> Musical resource data for restoring the work data via the MEDIA UTILITY function "Factory Restore".
PCM -> Factory waveforms

Corruption of the data in the eMMC memory can occur due to a problem when installing a system package file. In this case, the system can only be restored by loading the extensive system reset package file in the eMMC flash memory, not by loading the "normal" OS package file.
It can't be restored if you can't enter the update menu which most probably means a faulty eMMC or other hardware problem

However, KORG does not offer system reset data for all Pa models. The exception is the Pa4X model, for which the system reset package version v2.00 was published by KORG in the course of the update history.
The system reset files of the Pa700 and Pa1000 are therefore only available from KORG Support on request, if the data in the flash memory of the customer device is obviously damaged.
For technical production reasons, there are two different system file formats (UPD and PKG) for the three current Pa models (Pa4X, Pa1000 and Pa700). Therefore, when inquiring about the system reset data (Pa1000 and Pa700), you must also specify which system file format is required. Information about this can be called up via the system update mode (hold down the Intro # 1 key when switching on). .....
"end translation German to English"

Furthermore I wonder what else is the difference between "Complete_package" and and "Minimal_package", if not the complete reinstallation vs update
(Complete-Package for Pa1000 = 950 MB, Minimal_Package = 120 MB)
(ig Pa4x_v200MUS: 110AMUS KORG-SW4 WorkHorse4 06/13/2017 12:30 Z110A package 'Z110A_MUS_Complete_package'
Pa4x_v131: 110ASTD KORG-SW6 WorkHorse6 07/08/2019 12.47 Z110A package 'Z110A_STD_Minimal_package'
Pa1000_OSv110: 112ASTD KORG-SW4 WorkHorse4 04/20/2018 18:36 Z112A package 'Z112A_STD_Complete_package'
Pa1000_OSv131: 112ASTD KORG-SW4 WorkHorse4 01/23/2019 10.32 Z112A package 'Z112A_STD_Minimal_package'
Pa700_osv140: 111ASTD KORG-SW4 WorkHorse4 01/23/2019 10.15 Z111A package 'Z111A_STD_Minimal_package' ...)

If you read carefully it writes about corruption of files not a bad eMMC chip!
Yes corruption due to wrong update (like i said on previous post could happen from power cutoff during update) can be fixed with this...
The only differences between full and update are that the full restores the keyboard to factory state including restoring/updating the factory PCM data and resets all system variables.
There is a third package except from full and update but i have never seen one in person.
I m also adding some hints in bold on your text above!
This is getting too technical though now and i believe no more info are needed by the end user..

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Complete vs Minimal Package Reply with quote

musiccankill wrote:
.. I m also adding some hints in bold on your text above! This is getting too technical though now and i believe no more info are needed by the end user..

Thank you for your posting with its very valuable and qualified informations.

I think your technical information is also very valuable for end users. As there is no or far too little information from KORG in this regard, such information specially is valuable for some end users, who urgently need help after continuous system failures happened, but are left alone with an unusable keyboard.
It is a big problem that corruption of the data in the eMMC memory can occur due to a problem when installing a system package file.

This can happen easily to every user while installing an OS-package. But it is a horror if there is no suitable tool to fix such corrupt data immediately.

I suspect that hardly anyone would buy a device if they are aware that an unrecoverable error can occur with every OS update and there are no tools to get the device working properly again.

If system can only be restored by loading the extensive system reset package file in the eMMC flash memory (not by loading the "normal" OS package file), then these "Linux Andoria Reset Packages" should also be generally accessible. However, it is not a solution if these packages are not available.

As seen in case of user "BR", who needs an UPD package for a Pa1000 but apparently only a PKG package exists for it. So it is imperative that Korg provide tools to solve issues that can occur with any of the Pa keyboards (Pa700 / 1000) at any time, but should not be a "secretive" backdoor.

musiccankill wrote:
... backdoor on all andoria linux models (300/600/900/3xle) till PA4X PKG version (closed on pa4x upd and later models) that allowed full access to the eMMC through USB. Some partitions where set to read only though to prevent damage to the linux installation by accident.I m not sure even authorized service centers have the information needed to enter it as there really is no practical use for that....

As damaged eMMC data only can be recovered by loading the extensive system reset packages, then such complete packages also are required for subsequent models (Pa1000 / 700). Especially if the data of the eMMC simply can be damaged by faulty package installations. So for the Pa1000 not only a complete package of type PKG (---> http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=119234&start=63) but also of type UPD should be available !

Ramses33

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: Korg pa700 and pa1000 NEW OS versions v1.5.0 are availab Reply with quote

Hello.I need the file pa700_ factory reset _v120.pgk how can I get that?thanks
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg pa700 and pa1000 NEW OS versions v1.5.0 are availab Reply with quote

Ramses33 wrote:
Hi,
I am located in USA, and I contacted korg support to send me the factory reset file for my PA1000 by email below:
support@korgusa.com

Hope that helps.
Ramses33

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg pa700 and pa1000 NEW OS versions v1.5.0 are availab Reply with quote

BR wrote:
Ramses33 wrote:
Hi,
I am located in USA, and I contacted korg support to send me the factory reset file for my PA1000 by email below:
support@korgusa.com

Hope that helps.

Они не помогали я уже написал им
Ramses33

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: Korg pa700 and pa1000 NEW OS versions v1.5.0 are availab Reply with quote

BR wrote:
Ramses33 wrote:
Hi,
support@korgusa.com

Hope that helps.

Они перали номер дистрибьютор которой находится на Грузие а дистрибьютор не отвечает на вопросы
Ramses33

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: Korg pa700 and pa1000 NEW OS versions v1.5.0 are availab Reply with quote

BR wrote:
Ramses33 wrote:
Hi,
support@korgusa.com

Hope that helps.

Они перали номер дистрибьютор которой находится на Грузие а дистрибьютор не отвечает на вопросы
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg pa700 and pa1000 NEW OS versions v1.5.0 are availab Reply with quote

Ramses33 wrote:
BR wrote:
Ramses33 wrote:
Hi,
support@korgusa.com

Hope that helps.

Sorry I don't understand what you wrote. You should keep posting in English to get help from members here.
Thank you
Ramses33

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg pa700 and pa1000 NEW OS versions v1.5.0 are availab Reply with quote

BR wrote:
Ramses33 wrote:
BR wrote:
Ramses33 wrote:
Hi,
support@korgusa.com

Hope that helps.

Sorry I don't understand what you wrote. You should keep posting in English to get help from members here.
Thank you
I want to say Korg support services are not answering questions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: