Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG not servicing Triton Extreme /LCD burst

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yeotao

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:01 pm    Post subject: KORG not servicing Triton Extreme /LCD burst Reply with quote

Recently I noticed a opague glow in the middle of my triton extreme Lcd. It got so bad that I can't read what's in the middle.

Not sure if anyone knows how to fix this?

Called up my local dealer who had been servicing my korg gear for decade and got a shock:
They will no longer service any model that is not current, I. E anything that is discontinued on the international korg website is not longer service-able.

This implies anything before Kross 1.🤔😔

I thought this was a really bad move.

Anyone from any region had the same notification.? [/b]
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's one solution for any spare parts supply problem. The Bill of Materials (parts list) for the Triton Extreme is rather large.

Sad to think that my Triton Extreme is potentially one component failure away from becoming a disposable razor. There must be unauthorized repair shops that can still diagnose and repair such problems, or at least try.

Just to be sure, you have tried adjusting the screen brightness using the potentiometer at the back of the keyboard?
yoshi88

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part availability for older korg, roland, Yamaha and casio products becomes challenging as time goes by.
Generic tact switches pots and display screens are available but not always from the original supplier.

When I needed to buy a LCD screen with touch screen digitizer to replace a cracked Roland product, the item was No Longer Available. However, the generic replacement was on ebay. It was NEW and worked perfectly well at a fraction of the original ROLAND price.

Best advice is to check with a technician who has access to the original manufacturers service manuals and parts list. Those documents will give correct values for parts that can be obtained from alternative sources after the original parts supply dries up at the KORG ROLAND YAMAHA CASIO etc warehouses.

Don't despair. Keep searching.... although you may not be able to get circuit boards , you will most likely be able to get components that are populating those boards.
Triton PRO X 88
Trinity V3 61
O1WFD 61
T3 61
M1 61
03R
yoshi88

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new KORG TRITON LCD Screen with touch screen assembly is currently available online from several sources such as ebay and others as well.

I have changed several of these. not a difficult task They are longer lasting than the KORG colour screens.
Triton PRO X 88
Trinity V3 61
O1WFD 61
T3 61
M1 61
03R
yoshi88

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=triton+extreme+lcd&_sacat=0

Verify the LCD screen comes with a touch screen!
Assembly must be for your Triton Extreme only.

Your tech can install for you.
Or if you are careful, you can too.
Triton PRO X 88
Trinity V3 61
O1WFD 61
T3 61
M1 61
03R
yeotao

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks alot guys.

I did try to adjust the potentiometer, in fact had it on low contrast for years. It only affects the perimeter around the edges of the screen but the middle opaque area remains unaffected by the adjustment 😭

I have been searching for lcd triton extreme screens on ebay too. I am just not sure if the problem I had was an actual lcd screen problem or something "behind" the screen as the lcd physically did not seem to be dented nor cracked, just a overly bright opague glow in the middle. (seems my image link is not working in this forum)

But I will give it a shot as my local official KORG tech seems to stop servicing this totally, I. E not even willing to take a diagnosistic look, this change in old gear policy I am quite disappointed after a decade of good service. 😢. In the past they would check old gear and at least tell me if it's service able or parts available for service anot.
yoshi88

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a current ebay source that has the LCD screen advertised WITH a touch screen:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Korg-LCD-Display-Touch-Screen-for-Triton-Extreme-EX61-76-88-D16XD-D32XD/322197790754?hash=item4b047c2022:g:fhAAAOSwcw9dBNHA

Price is $56!
Triton PRO X 88
Trinity V3 61
O1WFD 61
T3 61
M1 61
03R
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: