Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Songmode questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KorgPa4x

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:18 pm    Post subject: Songmode questions Reply with quote

I own a Pa4x for a few months. Some things that are very frustrating to me; or just functions I can't find:

- Not being able to monitor a chord that's played in "Step quick record".
I'm using an extra keyboard now but it can be really useful to hear the chords played when skipping through events and also when playing a chord.
For example: On Yamaha PSR you can monitor the chords that you play for example.

- The "Quick record" mode is more useful for recording some chords as you're able to hear what you're playing. But once stopped the recording I can't seem to continue recording after the chords I recorded.. (just starts at bar 1)

Hopefully there's some functions to do a sort of punch-in while recording songs..
Thank you for your answhers..
KorgPa4x

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found out about the Chord Sequencer.. how many ways are there to create songparts?? It's a bit confusing even.

Ok.. this can be useful. But, when I want to edit the chord sequence it only comes up with a feature to copy existing sequences or songs.
As a sort of workaround to try out song elements I just recorded different chord sequences and copied them in the same style and selected the styles like songelements but when changing style the chord sequencer stops.. and has to be restarted.. this results in a break for at least one bar. Is there a way to select these Chord Sequence for an particular style by default? (without having to start it)

How are these chord sequences stored anyway? Is there a way to save them and open like songbook elements? So I can select these sequences contiously in a setlist.. or maybe open/edit them in the step record?

I know I can write my chords down on a piece of paper.. but there's gotta be some sort of trick to not have to do this?? I mean it's 2020!??

I'm not really getting all several compose functions. Anyone who is composing or might recognises what I'm looking for.. tell me about your workflow please. Smile
KorgPa4x

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw.. I already tried using an external sequencer to change chords for the accompaniment by midi. (Something like the video below).
Worked fine but after a sirten plays (and stops) the Pa4x accompaniment didn't play the right chords due to hanging notes.. very frustrating.. only way to solve the problem with the hanging notes was a turn off and on again..
I tried this with Cubase, Ableton and a Akai hardware sequencer.. all giving the same problem.
I suspect this is caused by stopping the sequencer while a chord is being played and the note off signal isn't received or something. So an external sequencer wasn't a succes..

I was on OS 3.0 then and updated to the latest now.. Did not tested it yet.
But should I really be using something below just to be able to control a sirten sequence??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr-8HFHdj34
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sure would be nice if Korg released a simple CS to SMF and back converter utility...

As I’ve said elsewhere though, there’s no reason why you can’t slow the tempo down to whatever it takes for you to play the chords completely accurately, then speed up afterwards.

But if step input is your only option, that SMF to chord sequence converter would sure be useful!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: